Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All characters of tP & the Centre are property of NBC. Wish they were mine!!

Note: This is a reply to the picture challenge




When in Need . . .
part II
by Nash






Angelo was sitting in front of his laptop in one of the many air vents in the Centre. He had just received an e-mail.

"Daughter in trouble," he mumbles to himself. "Boogey man and Lollipop Lady hurt daughter. Must find why. Why?"

He starts to move away from his laptop; it’s quite early in the morning, but he knows that he has to get what needs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It’s about one o’clock in the afternoon. Angelo is ready with his camcorder & his laptop, as he is spying on Brigitte & Mr. Lyle, waiting for the information that he needs.

"This bastard," Brigitte says, pointing to her now swelling stomach, "keeps me up at night. Just like his father." She smiles at Lyle.

"Well, I hope he takes after me in more aspects than that," Lyle replies coldly. "Though any similarities between that child and I will have to be kept quiet."

"Of course, luv."

Up in the air vents Anglo is rapidly becoming bored, when suddenly the conversation turns. Anglo checks the camcorder to make sure that it is indeed recording.

"I saw Dad’s lawyer in his office yesterday & when I came in to talk to my father, they automatically became quiet. Later when I confronted Dad’s lawyer, & I must add frightened him a bit, he mentioned that my father is working on writing up his will. The loser also said that my sister is inheriting the most form Dad."

"Well, we can’t have that now can we?" remarked the pregnant lady in spandex. "We have to get Miss Parker out of the way so that this wretch," again she was motioning toward her abdomen, "can reel in all the money for me . . ."

"And me of course," interrupts Lyle, "after all that is my child."

"Of course, of course," replies the woman quickly with an attempted smile on her face. "So, how shall we exterminate the bitch? Poison, a shot to the head-any other ideas?

"How about both. An insanity driven poison & a shot to the head. Both of those fantasies accomplished."

"Delightful."

Meanwhile, Angelo is struggling to hold back a gasp & unknown to the two people in Mr. Lyle’s office and the man in the air vents, Broots tries to hold back a gasp as well.

Broots scurries back to his office, wondering how Miss Parker will react to this piece of news. She’ll probably bit off my head & then go on a swearing rampage. Be afraid Broots, be very afraid. The computer technician thinks to himself.

Back in the air vents, a certain empath starts to e-mail Jarod the minute or so of conversation regarding Miss Parker & Mr. Lyle’s & Brigitte’s plot to kill her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"What the hell?" screams Miss Parker. "You’re telling me that, that Bitch & the psycopath are planning to kill me over a will? How dare they!! Wait’ll I get my hands on those bastards, just wait."

I was right, thinks Broots.

"Broots, any leads on Jarod."

"N-not yet, Miss Parker."

"Well, get a move on, NOW!!"

"Yes, ma’am," Broots replies meekly. Well, almost, I got the order a little mixed up, but she did just what I expected her to do.

"Miss Parker," intejects Sydney, as calmly as if Miss Parker had not even been there, "what are you going to do about this little problem?"

"Little? Syd, are you kidding me? This is major. They will not get away with this." Miss Parker turned around to walk into her office with Sydney in tow. She stops behind her desk, takes out her gun from her holster behind her hip, then she opens her desk drawer & reloads a new cartridge into her Smith & Wesson.

"Miss Parker, I am sure ther is a better resolution to this than violence."

"Spare me the crap, Syd."

"What about talking your father into making the inheritance equal between all your family members?" he hollers out to Miss Parker, who is now walking down the hall. Before he can go after her, his cell phone rings.

"This is Sydney."

"Syd, you have to protect Parker," says a distressed Jarod from the other end of the phone line. "Mr. Lyel & Brigitte are planning to poison her & shoot her."

"We already know."

"What? How?"

"Broots overheard the conversastion. Infact, Miss Parker is about to take matters into her own hands."

"Sydney, listen to me. I heard the conversastion, these tow wills top at nothing to get rid of her."

At that moment Sydney hears cursing coming from Mr. Lyle’s office.

"I’ll have to get back to you Jarod."

In Boston, a confused Jarod is amazed that Sydney hung up on him.

Sydney starts running towards the orignin of the shrieks, noticing that Broots is following him at a quick pace. The two men arrive at Mr. Lyle’s office to find Miss Parker pacing & muttering to herself.

"It took the two of you long enough to get here," remarks the brunette sarcastically. "You two are panting. Don’t tell me that after 3 years of chasing Jarod, you still have a hard time running?"

"What was all that yelling for, Miss Parker?" asked Broots almost strongly.

"The two bastards aren’t here. I sent Sam to search for them. I swear, if those two do anything or try anything I will personally make their lives a living hell."

"Miss Parker?"

"Yes, Sam."

"I just checked the security cameras & Mr. Lyle & Brigitte are no where to be found. Nobody know when they disappeared or how."

"They couldn’t have gone far withing the last half hour. Get a team of sweepers & find out where they are. Now." Miss Parker began to massage her temples. "Excuse me getnlemn, I have a splitting headache & unless you want to suffer my wrath, I’d stay clear." She then exited the office & headed towards her own.

"That’s for sure," muttered Broots, which received a chuckle from Sydney. "I’ll get back to finding Jarod."

And I have a call to return by e-mail or Refuge, thought Sydney as the two of them left Mr. Lyle’s office & headed towards their own.


Let me know what you think