Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: They're not mine but if I were a big important producer person, I’d buy the rights to the Pretender and do what I please with the characters! And then the day is mine... well... um... errr.. Never mind just disregard that last remark. BTW if you are a big important producer person don't sue I only make $5.15 an hour, it wouldn't be worth it.

Note: I love feed back so if you loved it or hated it, if you’ve got a second drop me an e-mail and tell me what you thought. Hey drop me a line and tall me who u think my next… errr victim should be. Heehee. J I still don’t know. Having just started college, I don’t have much time but if people like it, I’ll keep doing it!




Dreamland
part 3
By: The Injury Princess





“Very good Jarod.” A young Sidney said to the 12-year-old pretender. His task had been to create a sketch of a suspected kidnapper. Sidney had been pleased that Jarod was able to come up with a full facial in such a short period of time. The boy stood very still, staring up at him.

What is he thinking? Sidney wondered as he looked back down at the drawing in Jarod’s hands. To Sidney’s surprise, his own face replaced that of the kidnappers.

“Jarod, how…” Sidney began to ask angrily. Jarod did not have time to waist on things other than what he was assigned. But when he looked back down at the drawing the kidnapper was still there.

“What’s the matter Sidney?” The young boy asked innocently.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sidney walked through the abandoned warehouse, he wasn’t quite sure why he had come to this place, but he had this feeling that he would find Jarod here and that was enough for him. Something moved above him, it was moving fast. Outside. Jarod! Sidney ran out the door just in time to catch Jarod running for a set of stairs. Jarod stopped for a brief second to look over Sidney. But without warning, a car pulled up to Sidney and when the man got out Jarod bolted up the stairs.

“Jarod stop!” Mr. Parker Shouted.

“No way I’d sooner die then go back there!” Jarod shot back as he continued running up the stairs.

“Jarod you don’t understand, the fundings been pulled.” He shouted back.

Jarod stopped dead in his tracks and turn to face the older man. "What the hell? Don’t they understand how hard I’ve worked on this?” He asked angrily.

“They do Jarod they do, you’ve give them more than the results that they need there’s only so far you can test a mans emotions, you understand.” Mr. Parker assured.

Sidney watched silently, unable to form words, as the strange conversation took place. “Well what’s to become of us now?” Jarod asked.

“Oh don’t worry about it Jarod, there are many more projects that would prosper with a mind like yours. And as for your present project, well I guess we let him go. There’s nothing more we need from him.”

“Not before brainwashing I should hope, I wouldn’t want him to remember this, that’d just be to cruel.” Jarod said as he walked down to a landing.

“Of course Jarod he’s still you project we can take him back and release him in the morning.” Mr. Parker assured Jarod.

Just then, a car came to a screeching halt near them and Miss. Parker jumped out aiming her gun at Jarod.

“Catharine it’s over.” Jarod said with a smile.

“What did you call…” She hissed, as she ran towards him, but suddenly realized the full implications of what he had just said. “You… It’s over? No more pretending?” She lowered her gun.

“You got it.” He smiled.

“Do you know what this means?” Miss. Parker asked Jarod excitedly while running up the stairs to join him.

“No more evil pet names or practical jokes, we finally get to take our honeymoon to Fiji, and never being apart again.” Jarod listed as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I get to be Mrs. White!” She said ecstatically. “Not to mention Christmas at your parents house, you know how I hate to miss it.”

“Wait a minute!” Sidney shouted in response to all he had just witnessed, “What is going on?” He demanded.

“I’ll answer that one.” Lyle, who seemed to have come out of nowhere, said to Sidney. “Hey sis, catch.” He threw a ring box at her. Inside were two wedding bands, which she happily pulled out placing one on Jarod’s finger and the other on her own. “Tell me Sidney do you remember anything form your life before Jarod came to the Centre, or even anything before the Centre?” He paused. “I didn’t think so.”

“What are you talking about Lyle?” He asked

Jarod and Miss. Parker began to descend the stairs “Sidney you didn’t really think they’d r leave you to observe me? I mean I am the genius here. Not like pretending to be your little pet project all those years wasn’t fun.” Jarod said affectionately.

“They’re both very good actors.” A calm voice stated from behind Sidney. He turned around to find Broots standing there he seemed different. “Hey no more ice queen!” He laughed.

“Speak for yourself!” Miss. Parker said in true ice queen fashion, which was quickly followed by a happy grin. “You’ll never need to be the geeky nobody again.”

“Yeah, I’ve been acting so long I’ve forgotten how to be myself.” Broots responded smiling. “Well I think after all this time we deserve to celebrate.”

“Yes.” Jarod agreed. “How about we go back to the Centre, turn Sidney over to the guys on SL-13 and meet in my office for champagne.”

“Your what? What is going on? This can not be happening!” Sidney shouted. Just then, two Centre sweepers came up behind him and dragged him to a car.

Sidney struggled but he was in no shape to break from the grip of the sweepers, and to confused by what had just taken place. The sweepers pushed Sidney into the dark car and he kept falling until he hit the floor next to his bed!