Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

***** I am in no way connected to The Pretender, NBC or the like. I am using their characters and plotlines based on their show, of which I am obsessed. The only thing that's mine in here is Nikki.



It Takes A Thief....
Part 3
by CrackerJack




Raines' Office
The Centre,
Blue Cove, Delaware.


Angelo Opened the gate to the air vent and stepped inside the room. He approached the desk, and opened drawers, shoving papers aside, Frantically searching for something. His eyebrows wrinkled with frustration and confusion. Finally he found what he was searching for. Two DSA's, with only a year stamped on them. One was in 1965, the other, 1971. He grinned with pride, then dashed off into the vent again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Halls of The Centre
Blue Cove, Delaware


Miss Parker and Broots were headed for the Tower. Miss P was deep in thought, contemplating several things that were bothering her about Commander Nikki, like what she had to do with Raines, the navy, and Jarod. She contemplated what she was going to say when they reached her father. Whatever came out, it wouldn't be pretty. She definitely had a bone to pick. Shw was still deep in thought when Broots spotted a figure in the air vent. he called Miss P's attention to it.

"Hey, Miss Parker, look here!" Miss P turned towards him and gave him a stare, displaying her anger towards Broots for interrupting her train of thought. It had the desired effect. Broots winced and started stuttering as he pointed out what he was referring to.

"I-I-It's Angelo." He said. Miss P lookd and sure enough, there he was. Seeing that she had noticed him, Angelo got out, and handed her a DSA. It had the year 1971 on it.

"Nikki in here." he said as he handed it over. Miss P took it and pulled an about-face. She headed back to Nikki, Broots and Angelo in tow.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back at Broots' Hole.

Again the door opened, and Miss Parker, Broots, and Angelo stepped in. MIss P grinned at Nikki and Bobby, and said smugly, showing the DSA

"let's see what's on this thing, shall we?" She popped it into the Computer's disk drive and, thanks to the miracle of plug-and-play, it started immediately...

. . . In the Sim-Lab of SL-27, Young Nikki stood before a cardboard cutout of Catherine Parker. The cutout was smiling warmly, But Nikki was staring hatefully at it.

"She's just standing there, Dr. Trying to pretend she's all good and well and happy. She's hiding something though." She announced to Raines, who was standing off to the side of the room. Then she turned her attention back to the Cutout.

"STOP SMILING!!" She screamed with anguish, and with a beautiful kick, broke the cutout in two. Then, all her anger and frustration gone, she looked back on what she'd done.

"Oh, my..." She turned away, shaking her head, tying to Banish the thoughts from her head. . .

"Whoa" Said Broots, astonished. "What did he do to YOU? " He said it with an amazed, questioning tone of voice, and that reminded her of that unpleasent memory again. This time it resurfaced, However, it evoked more of a reaction. This time, If they had looked back before they left, they would notice a tear streaming dwn Nikki's left cheek.