Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

***** I am in no way connected to The Pretender, NBC or the like. I am using their characters and plotlines based on their show, of which I am obsessed. The only thing that's mine in here is Nikki.



It Takes A Thief....
Part I
by CrackerJack





The Centre,
Blue Cove, Delaware


Sydney and Miss Parker looked in on Mr. Raines. He was hunched over a DSA player. The player was showing the parents of a teenage girl who was kidapped. They were behind shrowded glass, weeping bitterly. Raines, too, was weeping.

"Come on" Said Sydney, " Even the devil deserves some privacy." They left and shut the door Quietly.

The DSA focused on a picture of the young girl. Raines looked up, and his sobbing grew louder.

There were footsteps in the hall, getting louder as the one making them approached. The one opened the door, stepped in, and took the military 'at ease' position. Raines turned and took a moment to look the person over. It was female. She had emerald green eyes, and hair as red as that of Anne of Green Gables. The hair was long and wavy, and she had it held up in a butterfly clip. She wore a navy uniform, her pins and stripes desegnated her as a lieutenant (or leftenant) Commander. Raines wiped the tears from his eyes and asked her,

"Well?"

"The admiral called for me and gave me a 'temporary leave of absence'. He also said you had another 'assignment' for me. It's Jarod isn't it?" The commander explained.

"Do you know why I called you?"Raines questioned

"Because it takes a theif to catch a theif." Raines handed her a photo of Jarod."Good. Now go. Find Jarod. Spare no expense. Just DON'T kill him. "

"What about the Parkers?"

"I'll deal with them"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Broots' "hole"
The Centre
Blue Cove, Delaware.


"Who are you?" Broots asked, startled. He'd been working on his computer, when a woman barged in. He noticed the uniform. "The NAVY??"

"That's right" she smiled coldly "Don't mess with me." With that she sat down and logged on the Net. "If he's been doing anything lately, it's bound to be in the news Somewhere." Broots had no choice but to help. They searched for a while, and as if this latest scene for poor Broots, Miss Parker opened the door and stepped in. She didn't even need to say a word. Broots got up and stepped outside with Miss P. Once they were outside, Miss P exploded to the two. (Sydney was waiting outside.)

"Who is SHE!?!"

As Broots nervously attmpted to answer this badgering, Sydney peered in the window to get a good look at "she"

"I-i don't know. S-she just came in and commandeered my computer. The on-line newspapers for signs of Jarod. She's from the navy."Broots stammered.

"A lieutenant commander by the uniform." Sydney put in, never taking his eyes from the window. Miss P's eyes narrowed. She pulled out her gun and and entered the room.

"Who are you? Tell me or I'll blow your brains out." The commander barely lifted her eyes from the monitor for a second.

"Nice to meet you, too, Parker" came the sarcastic reply.
"Funny" Parker snapped back. "Who do you work for? Tell me I INsist."

"Very well. My name is Lieutenant-Commander Nikki. I've been working for Raines for ages." The commander sighed. That was all Miss P needed to hear. She took off, looking for answers. Broots followed. Sydney, however, had more questions for Nikki.

"You work for Raines?" He asked incredulously, "For how long?"Nikki leaned in towards him, and whispered in his ear.

"As long as I can remember"