Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

***** I am in no way connected to The Pretender, NBC or the like. I am using their characters and plotlines based on their show, of which I am obsessed. The only thing that's mine in here is Nikki.



It Takes A Thief....
Part 2
by CrackerJack



Outside Raines' Office
The Centre,
Blue Cove, Delaware.



Miss Parker and Broots walked downthe hall towards Raines' office, and when they spotted Bobby [I'm calling ML Bobby, because that's his real name] they stopped.

"I don't suppose YOU have anything to do with Lt. Cmmdr. Nikki, do you?" She asked. "she said she worked for Raines, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were involved too."

"Who's that? I've never even HEARD of her before." He answered. It seemed genuine. To Broots, anyway. Miss P must have thought so, too, because she continued on.

Miss Parker and Broots Charged down the hall untll they got to Raines' Office. It was perfect timing, because just as Miss P was arriving, Raines was leaving.

To Broots, he seemed to be annoyed as he said to them

"Yes?"

"Who is SHE?"Miss P asked. "She said she worked for you."

"She?" Was Raines' only answer.

"Lt. Cmmdr. Nikki" Broots cut in.

"Ahhh."Broots thought he had definitely heard that name before. The question was Where? "She is here to bring in Jarod. We feel she will be more effective than you."

"Jarod's a Pretender," Broots started, confused. "How do you know SHE will bring Jarod in when we haven't been able to in three years?" Raines shot him an Icy stare.

"Because" He he hissed "I know what Nikki is capable of."Miss P and Broots thought about that for a minute, and raines took the oppertunity to leave.

In the air duct in the other wall, Angelo focused on Broots as he pondered Raines' answer. He looked confused for a second, thinking. Then his eyes shot up . He said

"Could it Be?" and dashed away.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Broots' "Hole"
The Centre
Blue Cove, Delaware


Sydney and Cmdr. Nikki sat talking as they searched the web. Sydney didn't recognise her, so He asked

"You don't know who I am, do you?"

"I probably do." Nikki answered "I just never say you untill now."

Sydney raised his eyebrows. He was a little confused as to how this might be, but he introduced himself anyway.

"My name is Sydney" As if with sudden realization, Nikki's eyes shot up, then she massaged her temples. She remembered seeing Sydney when she was a Child. . .

. . . She remembered Raines leading her her down the hall past a sim-lab.

They spotted Sydney and Jarod ahead of them, coming towards them. Jarod noticed her, too. He asked Sydney about her. "Sydney, who's that? Is she special, Too?" Sydney answered simply

"Yes, Jarod. She is." Jarod must have decided that he liked her, because he smiled at her. Nikki's eyes, however were not as trusting, and she smiled only slightly as they passed. . .

. . . The door to the room opened again, and this time it was Bobby.

"So this is Lt. Cmmdr. Nikki." He commented. "You work for Raines?"

"As long as I can remember." She comfirmed. It took bobby only a minute to realize the implications of this.

"Are you a-" He started. He never got to finish though, because Nikki didn't need to hear the rest.

"How should I know? Jarod's got the Red Files." Again Angelo was there, observing the scene.

"What did Raines do to you?" Sydney asked

This, too Reminded Nikki of her past. One of the more unpleasent parts of her Past.Angelo Concentrated on Nikki. In a moment, he dashed off again.