Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

"Jarod, take me home." She sat on one side of the seat while Jarod got in. The driver shut the door and drove them to her house.

"Parker, talk to me."

"There is nothing to talk about." She stared out the window.

"The kiss."

"What kiss? That never happen." She turned her body to where she wouldn't have to see him.

"Fine." He didn't want to push the subject.

Not a word was spoken until the car stopped at her house. Parker jumped out from her side of the car. Parker made it around to his side of the car when Jarod got out.

"Let me walk you to the door." He stood in front of her.

"I'll be fine." She tried to get around him but he wouldn't let her.

"Please." He pulled her face to where she would have to look him in the eyes.

"To the door. Nothing else." She pointed towards the door.

"To the door." He held out his arm for her.

She shook her head no. Jarod walked beside her up the side walk and to the door.

"Thank you, Parker for going with me."

"I didn't have much of a choice, did I?"

She unlocked the door and started in the house. Jarod stepped between her and the open door "Jarod..." She stopped him.

"I'm going. I just wanted to make sure you will be okay."

"I'm fine."

Jarod leaned in like he was going to kiss her. "Don't." Parker whispered.

"I won't if you don't want me to, but I think you do." His lips were just an inch from hers.

Parker wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. She pulled him inside and slammed the door.

"Parker." Jarod moaned.

"Shut up and follow me." Parker walked backwards into her bedroom with Jarod following very closely.

******

Parker woke the next morning with her head buried between the pillow and Jarod's arm. She rose up slowly and stared at the sleeping Pretender. The phone rang. Parker reached over him.

"What?" She snapped.

"Miss Parker, where were you last night?"

"Broots?"

"Yeah."

"What in the hell do you want?" Jarod rolled over beneath her.

"I just called to tell you that your father is not happy."

She hung up the phone and laid down beside her date.

"What did he want?" Jarod mumbled.

"My father is mad." She looked up at the ceiling then back to the Pretender. "You have to go." She pulled the covers back and started out of bed when Jarod pulled her back.

"Don't I get a kiss first."

"No."

Parker got up from her bed and picked up his clothes from the floor. She pitched them toward him.

"Parker, I can't leave now. What if someone sees me?"

"I'll take my chances." She headed in the bathroom and shut the door.

When she entered the bedroom again, Jarod was sitting on the bed, dressed.

"I know you don't want me to go." He watched her as she grabbed some clothes from the closet and slipped them on.

"I want you out of here by the time I get home." She left the room. Jarod heard the door close and her car leave.

******

Miss Parker's Office
The Centre

She sat still in the chair thinking about how she left Jarod sitting on the edge of her bed. He was right. She didn't want him to go but she wasn't in the mood to sort out her feeling.

She jumped as her father entered her office. "Angel." His voice was stern.

"Daddy." She smiled, hoping to break his mood.

"I thought I told you to be there at 8:00."

"Daddy, I can explain."

Sydney walked in about that time. "Mr. Parker, I told you she wasn't feeling well."

"Why didn't you call me?" Mr. Parker stood at the edge of her desk.

"I tried." She glared over at Sydney who was standing next to her father.

"She couldn't get a hold of you that why she called me. I told you this last night." Sydney faced the chairman.

"I thought you were just trying to get out of the party." Mr. Parker looked over at his daughter again.

"No, Daddy. I told you I would be there. I was on my way when I got sick."

"I hope you are feeling better."

"A little."

That seemed to satisfy him. He turned around headed for the door.

Parker waited until he left. "I can take care of myself, Syd." Parker got up from her seat.

"I know. Jarod called and told me to cover for you. I just wanted to make sure we had the same story."

"Thanks."

"So, you went out with Jarod last night."

"Not my choice. Now, if you will excuse me I have some work to do." Parker opened the door to her office.

"I'll catch you later." Sydney took the hint.

******

Late that night
Miss Parker's house

She pulled up into the drive way. She wasn't sure if she wanted to see Jarod sitting there or not. She decided to bite the bullet and go in. She opened the door and when she didn't see him, a look of disappointment appeared on her face. She sat her things down when the phone rang.

"What?" This time her voice seemed tired.

"I see you finally made it home."

"Jarod?"

"You told me to leave before you got home."

"Well, I.."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"I left you something in the bedroom." He disconnected the line.

Parker walked into the bedroom to see Jarod sitting on the bed.

"I thought you...I thought I told you..."

"To leave. I tried but I couldn't. Not this time."

Parker hurried to the bed. She gave him a kiss. "I'm glad you didn't."

"Parker, we need to talk."

"Later."

"No, now." He pushed her off of him. "I don't want you to say what happen was nothing, a mistake, or anything like that."

"It wasn't. It's me. I slept with you, the enemy."

"I'm not the enemy. I remember when we were friends."

"I know." She took him into her arms. "I'm ready to friends again."

"I'm not."

She pulled back and looked him in the eye.

"I'm ready to be lovers. Are you?"

"Only if you promise me if things get too risky you will leave. I don't want anything to happen to you."

"I won't leave you. I might back off until things are safe again but I will never leave you again."

"Deal." Parker pushed him down on the bed and gave him a kiss.

part 3