Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Gigolo Jarod
By: G. Barton

Disclaimer: I don't own them or the songs used in this fic. The songs belong to Lifehouse and Alabama. Thanks for not suing.

The Centre
3:00 pm

Miss Parker entered her father's office.

"Daddy, you wanted to see me?"

"Angel, I wanted to make sure you were still joining your brother and me for the party."

"Daddy, I'm not sure." She paced in front of his desk.

"Now, Angel." He rose from his seat. "You have to go. I told you this was a family affair."

"I know Daddy but I don't have date and you know how I hate to go to these things alone."

"You won't be alone. Besides, here is a number you can call for a date." He slipped her piece of paper.

Parker opened it up and sighed. "A rent a date! Come on, just because I don't have someone in my life right now doesn't mean I need to rent a date!" She shouted. She headed for the door.

"Angel, 8:00. Be there." He watched her storm out.

******

Miss Parker's house
Blue Cove, Delaware

Parker stared at the clock above the TV. She couldn't believe she had taken her father's advise and called that agency. She sat back on the couch and sipped on the Vodka she had poured while waiting for her date. As she reached for the bottle, sitting on the table, the doorbell rang. Miss Parker went to the door and couldn't believe her eyes at the man staring back at her.

"Jarod!" She yelled. "What in the hell are you doing here? I don't have time for your games tonight. I have a date."

"I know, Miss Parker, I'm your date." He smiled from ear to ear.

"You're my what?!"

"Your date. Your gigolo." He smirked.

"No. No. No." She kept repeating.

"I can't believe this." She walked in circles in front of him. She couldn't believe this was happening. "You?"

"Yes. Me." He pointed at himself. "Are you ready?" He held out his hand for her to take it.

She just stormed out of the house and down the stairs. She stopped half way down the walk and stared at the limousine sitting in her driveway.

"You didn't think we were going in some tiny little sports car, now did you?" Jarod caught up with her.

"You and me....in this?" She turned to face him.

"Come on."

The driver opened the door for them.

"Ladies, first." Jarod waited until she got inside before he entered the car.

As the car pulled out of her driveway and headed down the road, Parker began to laugh.

"What is so funny?" Jarod asked.

"I can't believe you are taking me to a Centre function. You. The man that has been on the run for several years now." She faced him.

"We're not going to a 'Centre' function." He turned to look at her.

"What?" She screamed. "I have to be there." She reached for the door handle.

"You can't get out." Jarod leaned back in the seat. He didn't even try to stop her.

"But Jarod I have to go." She sounded worried that Daddy would be very upset if she didn't show.

"I have taken care of that. You won't be missed." He grinned.

******

It was a silent ride from then on. The car stopped and the driver opened the door. Jarod got out, holding his hand out for Miss Parker. She glared up at him and then got out by herself.

They walked up to the door of a big Victorian style house. As they entered the house, a woman came up to them.

"Jarod, I see you made it." She took his jacket.

"Barbara, I would like to meet Miss Parker. She's my date tonight."

"It's always a pleasure to meet one of Jarod's friends." They shook hands. "Come on, I'll show you around."

The couple followed the lady into a large room with a table set up with a variety of deserts and finger food. There was a small band playing music and several couples dancing.

Parker turned to Jarod. "What are we doing here?"

"I needed a date." He whispered into her ear as the lady showed them to crowd of three men talking in the corner. "I believe I was the one that needed a date." "You can't tell me this is not going to be more fun than that function you were going to?" He took her arm as one of the men turned to them.

"Jarod. You made it." The older of the three held out his hand.

"George. I wouldn't have missed it for the world."

"I would like you to meet Dan and Clarence."

"How do you do?" Jarod nodded his head.

"This is my date, Miss Parker." Jarod introduced them all.

They visited for a while when the bored Miss Parker bumped Jarod's arm. He faced her.

"I'm bored." She mouthed.

"Excuse us, gentlemen."

They left the crowd of men and stood over in a corner.

"Tell me again why you brought me?" Parker had one hand on her hip as she stared into his brown eyes.

"I told you I needed a date."

"Cut the crap!"

"Shh." Jarod clamed her. "Okay, this a fund raiser for the children."

"What children?" Parker leaned back against the wall.

"The children of abuse."

"Don't tell me you helped the little people again." This time she rolled her eyes.

"I couldn't let the kids get abused." He faced her.

"What does this fund raiser do?"

"They are raising money to put these kids in a better home or whatever else they might need, like counseling." Jarod spotted a desert with cherries on it. "I'll be at the desert table." He hurried over there.

"Great!" Parker mumbled to herself.

Barbara came over to where Parker was standing. "I don't want to be nosey but are you seeing Jarod?"

"Me?" Parker laughed. "No."

"So, you won't mind if I introduce him to my niece."

"No, go ahead." Parker left the woman standing there.

A few minutes later, Parker made her way down the spiral stair case. She was ready to go but she had lost Jarod. Walking toward the desert table again, she saw him out on the dance floor with a petite blonde girl.

"I'll wait until this dance it is over and drag him of that floor myself. I'm ready to go." She told herself as the song ended and another one began to play.

After what seemed like tens minutes but turned out to be one minute. Parker marched out to the dance floor.

"Excuse me, may I?" She stopped the dancing couple.

"Maybe later." The blonde girl grabbed a hold of Jarod and started to dance again when Miss Parker pushed them apart.

"No now!" She hissed.

"I'll catch up with you later, Jarod." The girl left his side.

"Jealous?" Jarod smirked.

"No, I'm ready to go."

"Not until we dance." Jarod grabbed her at the waist and pulled her closer to him.

"I don't want to dance with you. I just want to go home."

"You are the one that interrupted the dance so I say we dance. Then we go." He began to move with the music.

"Fine." Parker placed her arms at his shoulders and danced.

The next thing she remembered was her lips on his. When she realized what she was doing she jerked back and ran off the dance floor.

Jarod quickly followed. He caught up with her at the limo. "Parker, wait!"

Part 2