Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The Pretender characters portrayed belong to NBC and TNT Television. No copyright infringement intended. All other characters depicted are purely fictional and any similarities to actual people are purely coincidental.

Permission to archive: Permission Granted

Author’s Note: This is a response to Mickey's Picture Challenge: The Kiss.

Feedback: If you enjoyed it say so!

Story Written April 11, 2002




THE CENTER
BLUE COVE, DELAWARE

It were almost as if Jarod were following her around. Parker stepped into the elevator and smiled at the irony of he thought. She hit the button and the doors closed. She who had been assigned to capture Jarod and bring him back to the Center. She who was the hunter and he the hunted. She was imaging things. Jarod following her? HA!

The elevator doors opened and she stepped out.

“Parker.” Sydney drawled. Sydney was Jarod’s caretaker. Now that he was on the loose Sydney was her co-hunter.

“Syd.” She replied and began to walk by.

“Parcel from Jarod.” He pointed.

She groaned.

“Problem?” He inquired.

“It just seems that of late Jarod is in my life.” She grumbled.

“Well Parker you are chasing him.” He stated.

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” She walled towards the box.

“Parker.” Sydney drawled as he kept pace with her.

She walked round the box. It had to be at least seven feet tall by four feet square. “What!” She snapped.

“Are you seeing Jarod?”

“You mean like dating?” She played dumb.

“Tut, tut, tut.” Was all the sound he made.

She stopped prowling and whispered to him. “Between his irregular calls, gifts like these.” She waved at the box and that damned NAVY poster. I feel like the hunted and not the huntress!”

On one of his pretends Jarod had found himself as the poster boy for the Navy. Now the Center’s most wanted – taunted them at every turn.

Brootes scurried up. He was a computer wizard but Parker more often than not used him as a go-for. She whirled on him “What!”

“I have the toolkit to pen the box.” He said.

“Then open it!” She commanded.

Twenty minutes later they stood before it. Sydney and Brootes were amused. Parker was not.

“Ho! Ho! Ho!” Lyle her brother called as he walked by.

Jarod had sent a Christmas tree and for the decorations had used every character at the Center even Willie was there. What really got her blood pressure up was the star or t he lack thereof. In it’s place was a miniature replica of herself and Jarod about to kiss.

“Burn it.” She ordered and turned to leave.

“There’s a card Miss Parker.” Brootes held out an envelope as she stopped dead in her tracks. She grabbed it and ripped it open never turning.

The picture on the cover was again of her about to kiss him. She opened the card. It read: Merry Christmas to my first kiss and my first crush.”

She ripped the card to shreds handed it back to Brootes and repeated.

“Burn it!”

FINIS


For updates on my new FF join: jagrslc-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

The FF of Rising Sun is archived at: http://www.geocities.com/jagrslc