Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

As The Boss with all his concerts, I’ll end my little series with the title that ends all the gigs of his current tour.



Part 13 "Land of Hope and Dreams"





It was early morning. Miss Parker stood in the parking lot, car keys in hand.

They had ended up in a Motel near Albany, New York State. After their conversation at the Best Western in Maine, Jarod had retreated to his room.

He had known she needed time, and she had known she could not decide then and there whether or not to really go with him to see his family.

The next morning she had entered his car without a word. Only after twenty or so miles, she had asked him not to go straight to where his father lived. Somewhere else first. She needed that. That’s why they ended up here yesterday. Another motel in another state. Two rooms, another conversation. She had expected that.

What she hadn’t expected was what had occurred later that night. They both had felt their physical attraction during the last two days, hell, the last six years and then add twenty. There was no way to deny it. Ever so often when their eyes had met, the chemistry between them was palpable, the electricity in the air almost unbearable for both of them.



*****



Jarod had come to her room just like the night before. To make sure she was alright. Only this time, there had been a lot less conversation. After a few minutes their eyes had met, locked. Each of them was lost in the unspoken promise that their eyes had given. Seconds later their lips had met for the first time in nearly thirty years.



*****



She still stood in the parking lot, the keys in her hand. Her back was to the window, the window she knew Jarod was standing behind. He was watching her.

Miss Parker’s thoughts went back to last night.



*****



Only minutes after their lips had met, clothes were thrown in all directions. Thirty years of pent up emotions were finally acted on. Neither of them was thinking anymore, only acting. Out of passion, lust and a need to touch, to be as close as possible. Within seconds the events of the past week were omitted from their minds.

Somehow everything else was kind of a blur for her.

The next thing she remembered was that they were lying beside each other. Or rather, he was halfway lying on her. He had his head on her chest just above her breasts. Jarod’s eyes followed his own fingers that drew feather light circles on her left breast.

After a few minutes of enjoyable silence he had felt a rumble from beneath her chest. She had started to laugh.

"I always thought you liked my eyes best. Now I see I was wrong."

"Oh, I still love your eyes. Always been my favourite, always will be. Now I’ve been able to see all of you, and this close too, what can I say? I’ve decided that I like ’em too, a lot actually. As I like your belly button, your neck, your face, your arms, your butt, and of course, your legs."

With every mentioned part of her anatomy he had touched the particular part tenderly. His fingers had run from her breast down to her abdomen, back up to her neck and her cheek, just to trail down on her side again. He had slipped his hand slightly underneath her to cup her buttocks. Jarod’s hand had moved down her leg a moment later at the outside of her left thigh as far down as he could reach from his current position. He changed legs and came up at the inside of the other thigh.

"Oh, and I almost forgot another part I like a lot."

She had stopped his advance, taking his hand just before it had reached its last destination. Their fingers had entangled in what seemed to be a small wrangling fight. Both had started to laugh.



Jarod slightly pulled up on his elbow and looked down at her. "Tell me about the dream."

Miss Parker had been more than surprised at this and was certainly not willing to talk.

She had pushed him back down so that she was above him. Kissing him fiercely, her hands had been everywhere at the same time.

Not willing to be outdone, Jarod had returned the favour and soon they were lost again in a world of passion.



An hour later, both heavily breathing, they had reversed their earlier position. Now Miss Parker rested on Jarod’s chest. After catching his breath he had tried again to get her to talk.

"I had been dreaming about you for decades. Will you tell me about your dreams when I tell you about mine first?"

"If it makes you feel any better, but I ain’t promising anything," she had answered with a smirk.



"When you came down as a child into the sim lab, your smile had me dreaming for days. Your smile brought a light into my life. A light that nothing in that place could dim. The night you gave me that kiss was the first night ever that I had slept in the Centre without any nightmare. I had slept peacefully, even happily and with a smile on my face."

Miss Parker had remembered the words he had written years ago in that stupid, cheesy and very sad novel he had left for her.

Jarod had continued, still looking into her eyes.

"You were my light. All those years, pictures of horror would be on my mind, would enter my dreams. But all those pictures could never totally eclipse the light you had brought to me.

About eight years later, you were long gone, I had to do some work for Sydney. It was nothing drastic, just a calculation on temporal physics that I was allowed to do in his office rather than the sim lab. I sat at his desk. Sydney was engulfed in one of those scientific journals on the couch. I had finished the job rather quickly, and he hadn’t realized it. Not wanting to interrupt his reading, I got bored and looked around at his desk. I looked at all the things there when I saw a piece of paper folded in the middle. It was one of those nice coloured hard paper that people use for invitations and the like. You know, what people send for their wedding announcements or something?"



Miss Parker nodded in understanding. "It piqued your interest. So what was it?"

"I didn’t want to pry into Sydney’s private things, but it was this colour that drew me to it. The card was not folded completely. The cover page was slightly up, so I could turn it up with only one little finger without making a too obvious move. The colour, you know, was this incredible grey-blue that reminded me of something."

With that he had looked straight into her eyes before he continued, tears already building up in his own.

"Then I saw it. I looked straight into the grey-blue orbs that were the reason for all the light in my life. It was a picture of your graduation. You had this beautiful blue dress on, looked incredible. Of course I immediately recognized you, and that picture had me dream about you that night, and the following ones."



"I didn’t even know Sydney had a picture of it. That old sentimental bastard," she had said with all the affection she felt for her former colleague. "So about your dream?"



Now it had been Jarod’s turn to get slightly evasive. "As I said, I had dreams about you pretty regularly, only this time they had gotten, well... different."

Even though it was dark in the room, Miss Parker could see that he had blushed slightly. A broad, full scale smile had appeared on her face. "Are you telling me that this one was of an ‘adult’ content?"



Jarod’s face had been of a colour that almost lit the room. He had made a futile effort to cover his embarrassment. "What can I say, I was twenty."

"Details, lab rat, I want details!"

"Suffice it to say, that only a few hours ago, reality had not only been fulfilled but definitely surpassed any possible dream."



Jarod had grabbed her again and had kissed her with such emotion, affection and raw need, that they soon had been lost in what only could be described as two lovers in their most passionate moments.

Later they both had fallen asleep in each others arms. Only days before, that had been one of her lost dreams in her life. Waking up, Miss Parker had taken one last look at Jarod. She had gotten out of bed, grabbed her things and his keys.

That had been it. That was the end. Closure. For both of them.



*****



She still stood in the parking lot. Miss Parker knew that he was watching her. She’d actually expected him to come out and stop her. But he didn’t.

It was her choice.

She knew that this night had been more than just a ‘roll in the hay’; that it had been more than just her way of coming to terms with the events. That’s what she was actually trying to tell herself: last night had just been closure, closure to thirty years of history.

But it was a futile effort.

It marked a new beginning. She had a choice. He had offered it to her.

Again she looked at the keys in her hand. She saw the car in front of her, waiting for anyone to get in to drive off.

The last ten years passed in front of her eyes. Her mind wandered to the last five years of hunting, the last five days of hiding and the last day of finally having found what she always had been dreaming about.

Another look at the keys and the car, then she made her decision. Her choice. Her dream.

He was still at the window. She felt it.



Miss Parker made her decision. She put the keys back into her pocket, turned around and went back to the room he was waiting in.





THE END!



__________________________________

Last words in ‘Oscar’-mode:

Another BIG thanks to my still unnamed beta-angel, who kept with me despite this neck breaking speed. She corrected my grammar/spelling and offered helpful advice.

However, I am solely to be blamed for any problems you might have encountered with e.g. continuity. My own limited vocabulary is something that bothered me throughout the time! Describing certain pictures in my head are difficult when all I can come up with is ‘she said, he stood, she looked’, you know what I mean?

I have borrowed like hell during this little journey into TV-land. Wherever I did it consciously, I have referred to it. In my understanding, that’s perfectly legal. Hey, I do that all the time in my thesis. As long as I give references it’s absolutely OK.

This had been my first, and though it had been fun, I’m not sure I will be able to come up with a fictional story again, since I probably drained every single bit out of my brain for this one. But hey, I wrote that in not more than two weeks. No wonder I feel completely drained.



Thanx, JerseyGirl!