Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Love Letters - Part 3
By Stefi



Sydney went in the tech-room and greeted Broots.

"Good morning to you too, Syd. It's a new, brightening and, we hope, different day!"

"Some news from Jarod?" Asked the elder man. Broots didn't miss the concern in his voice.

"Sorry, Syd. Nothing."

The psychiatrist sighed "I hope that whatever these two are up..." He cut himself out as an employee came in with the daily mail.

On top, it was an envelope with the Jarod's unmistakable hand-writing. The two men looked at each other. Broots began to shake his head, seeing the look on Sydney's face. "No, no Syd... c'mon, you don't intend... right?"

Syd stroked his chin. "I'm really... tempted!"

"At your age, Freud?" Asked a sarcastic voice behind them. "And who's your forbidden dream? Maybe some psychopathic cow, with identity troubles?" Broots rushed on his computer. Miss Parker didn't seem in a good mood neither today.

"Did you find Labrat?" She asked.

"No, nothing." Was the tech's reply, frantically typing on the keyboard.

"Find him!" Parker barked and she turned to exit.

"Wait, Parker! There's a letter, here, for you." and Sydney held out the envelope. "It seems voluminous, Jarod must have many things to say." Parker turned her head to look the missive. (Oh, no! Not again!) She thought. Slowly she took it, put it in her pocket and went into her office.

Sydney looked at Broots, who commented "She seemed almost feared, as it was a bomb!"

"Maybe it is." said Sydney.







Parker sat at her desk, took a deep breath and opened the letter. Inside, there was the first one, the pieces stuck again with adhesive tape. And another sheet.



My dear Parker, my love.

I know you said I would have never to try it again. But my heart says otherwise. Please, listen to me, and to your heart. Read again my first letter: I MEAN every single word I wrote and all the others I didn't write too. No tricks, no jokes. Only love. I pray you, I beg you, give me a chance, only one.

With all the love I can, your Jarod.




Parker sighed deeply and stared the sheet. She never felt so...upside down. And scared.

(But what you really expect me to do?) She thought.

Her fingers lingered over the first letter, the one she ripped. Parker was glad to have it back again.

Her first love letter. It sounded good. Jarod had been her first love, her first kiss. It was right he was the author of her first love letter too. It was right that it was him to break down her defense walls. He already did, for that matter. And she let him do.

(I let him twist my life and my mind!) Parker was so... taken by this story to... to forget, simply!, to forget her job!

She went to him, she found him and... she didn't call the Centre. And now she knew where Jarod was, with absolute certainty, and she didn't say it to anyone. Not to hide it for some purpose, or other reasons concerning the Centre.

Parker stayed still, with opened wide eyes and parted lips, as she stared the truth in her mind: she forgot it! She didn't think about it! Simply!

"Shit!" She whispered "This is a bad sign! To forget the Centre!"

A knock on the door made her jump on her seat. Quickly, she took the sheets and put them in her pocket. "Yeah, come in!"

Sydney went in the office and closed the door. Then he put himself in front of his co-worker.

(Oh-oh! Freud is in fighting trim!) She said to herself.

"Parker." Syd began. "I know you since you were a child-"

"Please Sydney, cut this you-were-so-lovely crap and get to the point!"

"As you please." Sydney said and he slammed his hands on the desk "I want to know what's going on! And don't give me that look of yours, you don't scare me! You are not yourself, these days, Jarod gave you some shocking news, please, don't deny it!, and whatever is the problem I want to know it! I have this right!"

Parker, astonished, stared at her old friend.

Sydney was always so calm and in control! It didn't suit him so much... agitation and vehemence.

"Too much coffee?" She asked as she stood up "And by the way, what right have you to talk to me like that? The fact you knew me since I was a child, well, sometimes is really boring!"

She turned around the desk and Sydney grabbed her forearm "Parker, please. Talk to me. I'm boring, I know. But I care for you."

Another man who asked her to talk and listen. Another man who cared for her.

Only two days ago, she would make some sharp remark to hurt him, except for repent herself later. But today she...she didn't want to. Sydney's eyes were pleading for a kind word, to reassure him.

Parker sighed and slowly, almost shyly, she took out the letters and gave them to him.

Then she rushed out the room. "See ya, Syd. I'll call you." Another thing she would have never done, two days before.

To give him the letters.

"Jarod, you have really twisted my life!"







Sydney stayed still, with the sheets in his hands. He had the feeling he shouldn't have to read them. With a sigh, he sat on the couch and opened the letters. Two sheets were part of the same missive, same ink, same paper and with adhesive tape to put together the pieces.

(Parker ripped them. Why?)

Then, there was a single sheet. Sydney began to read. And his breath stopped abruptly.

'My dear Parker, my love... '

The man checked around himself, to be sure he was alone. His eyes looked through the letter till the last word.

Then he took his breath "Mon Dieu!" He whispered.

A love letter! Jarod wrote a love letter... to... Parker!

(He loves her!)

Sydney grabbed the other one:



Parker, listen, it took to me so much time, and bravery, to write to you. So please, read and don't cut me out! You would be able to do this even with a letter.

I love you. Here. I wrote it. I love you. I don't manage to think anything else but you. You are my reason of life, the reason to wake me up every morning, the reason that makes me always hoping. It's always been so, since we were children. You were the light in my endless darkness, the joy, the love. Yes, I think you were love since then, even if I didn't know. What could know a little boy about love? Yet, I felt a bond between us, a bond without a name, but strong and deep. And I feel it still now. That's why I'm still here. I can't disappear, with so many bonds to keep me tied to Syd, to my past, to my life. And to you. Most of all, to you. You have my heart, Parker. And no one can live without a heart. I'm not asking you to give it back to me. Even if you would do it, it would be useless. My heart will always come back to you. But do you understand I cannot live in this way? Do you understand how much it hurts me to be away from my heart, from you?




Sydney stopped reading. He felt uneasy, he was invading the most intimate part of Jarod's heart. Those words were written for Parker, for her eyes only. Sydney put the sheets in his pocket, carefully.

For Parker's eyes only. Not for the Centre ones. It was important the Centre never found about this... this so incredible story!

Sydney took his time to walk back to the tech room. (Incredible!) He thought (And more incredible is that I never understood a single thing!) He was there, right? He saw them together then, and now too. Syd knew well that Jarod would never hurt Parker, that he cared for her. But to love her? Sydney stopped, with a light smile on his lips.

Jarod loved her. Yeah! This explained everything. It explained his protégé's attitude, and Parker's one too.

(Because she loves him too!) Syd stated in his mind, and his smile widened (And she's going to him, now!)

Syd asked himself how many times Parker had known where Jarod was and had avoided to say it.

"Syd! Do you hear me?" The exasperated voice of Broots reached his ears. The psychiatrist felt confused. When was he arrived in the tech-room?

"Excuse me, Broots, what were you saying?"

Broots sighed and repeated. "Are you okay? You were standing there, smiling to the angels... "

Sydney laughed openly. "Yes, my friend, I'm okay. I'm really okay!"







Jarod listened amused his young friends arguing about the movie they saw. "C'mon, it wasn't so bad!" said Sammy.

Tony shook his head. "I think it's been a real waste of money."

"You like only those stupid movies about war and fighting. Those ones are a waste of money! What do you think, Jarod?"

"Jarod slept all the time, how can he say something about it?" Tony laughed and Sammy joined him.

"I wasn't sleeping!" replied the pretender, indignant "I was only... only... "

"Sleeping!" Sammy mocked him.

The three laughed as they walked along the way to Jarod's home. "Hey! What about a pizza? I'm hungry!" Suggested Tony.

"Again?" The girl was shocked. "You ate 2 big hot-dogs, before the movie! What have you done with them?"

Jarod wasn't listening anymore. His eyes were glued on a woman standing in front of his building.

"Jarod! Do you wanna come with us?" asked the two in love.

They saw the strange look on his face and followed his gaze.

"Parker." said Jarod.

"Wow! That is Parker?" asked Tony, admired.

"Right like I imagined her" Sammy looked at Jarod "Do you want... we could stay on the outskirts? With her, you never know!"

"No." Jarod was still staring Parker "I mean... no, thank you, Sammy. I think everything's okay"

"As you wish. Now, go to her and try to be kind!"

Jarod gave her a bad look "Me? It's her, the dangerous one!" Sammy smiled and grabbed Tony's arm.

"See you tomorrow. C'mon, Tony. Tony? Hey, Tony?" SLAP!

"Ouch! But what have I done?" protested the guy.

"You were staring her! A little too much, for my taste!" And arguing and laughing, Sammy and Tony went away.

Jarod took a deep breath and approached Parker. She bent her head aside to follow the couple with her look.

"Those two are my friends, really nice, we talk a lot, they give me some advice... "

Parker stared him "They are two children!" Jarod nodded. "You ask advice from children!"

"Well..." Began Jarod "... emotionally I AM a child, too!"

Parker rolled her eyes "Good grief!" She turned her steps towards the building. Jarod stayed there. "Then? C'mon, Wonderboy! I haven't all day!"

"Where... do we go, if I may ask?"

Parker shook her head, closing her eyes. Then she grabbed him by the jacket "Where? Chez toi... " Her voice became a threatening whisper "... mon amour!" The words were VERY inviting, but Jarod didn't hope not even for a sec she could talk seriously.

The janitor looked up as they walked in, and his eyes widened in a measure Jarod didn't think possible.

"Good evening." Said Parker with a low, sexy voice.

The poor guy, Will stood up, automatically taking off his cap, unable to speak a single word.

Jarod frowned. With him, she was always angry and nasty! With the others, look at her!

Will called him back. "Excuse me, Jarod, can I have a word with you?"

"You go on, dear." Smiled Parker "I'll wait for you upstairs."

Why do the sweetest words always sound like threats from Parker's mouth? Jarod sighed and paid attention to Will.

The janitor waited for her to go up, then he grabbed Jarod's hand and shook it with enthusiasm. "My friend! Congratulations! Where have you fished her out?" The man grinned openly. "A first rate woman. You're really lucky, Jarod, you old rogue!" Will patted Jarod's shoulders vigorously.

"You don't know the half of it. Now if you excuse me... "

"Sure, sure. Don't make her wait! Good luck!"

"Yeah!" Jarod muttered, going up the stairs "Luck is what I really need, NOW!"



End part 3



Feedback: ste.piro@inwind.it