Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and it’s characters don’t belong to me they belong to their creators and owners. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

 

The Returned

 

 

Jarod glanced around the room to make sure that there was nothing to be left behind to make his hunters find him. He threw the red notebook on the bed and then grabbed his bag and left the hotel room. He went to his car and drove away. He didn’t know where he was going until he stopped to eat. He was going to Texas because somebody needed help there.

 

He walked up to his hotel room in another town. He hoped that he never got tired of helping people. It was the least that he could do since he was responsible for killing millions of people. He still felt guilty for his Sims that caused so much death and destruction. He picked up the remote and turned the TV on.

 

This just in another person has returned form the dead. The woman who was reporting the news told the audience about the person who had returned and was interviewing one of the people who knew the recently returned person.

 

He wondered if Miss Parker’s Mom had returned. He hoped so because she needed some happiness. He still remembered the little girl who had given him his first kiss. The same little girl who would keep him company. The same little girl who he saw peeking out when she wanted to help Gemini, or Jeremy who he was now called. He wondered too if Sydney’s brother returned too. He felt a connection to Sydney. He was like a father to him. He was the one who helped him with his gifts and he was the one who was responsible for his Sims.

 

It was the second day when there was a knock on the door. He froze when he heard it and thought that it couldn’t be the Centre because they would just barge in. He walked to the door and opened it. He stared at his little brother Kyle. The same Kyle who had been killed by Miss Parker’s brother Mr. Lyle.

 

“You returned.” Jarod said quickly putting the pieces together.

 

“I did. I woke up in a grassy meadow and knew that I was alive.”

 

“I’ve seen news that there are a lot of people returning from the dead.” Jarod said and then he thought. “How did you find me? If you found me easily then the Centre wouldn’t be far behind.”

 

“Don’t worry big brother. I knew where you were, but didn’t get it from The Centre.”

 

Jarod and Kyle went outside to eat since they were both hungry. They didn’t really talk with other people around and waited until they were back in the hotel room.

 

“I’m so glad that you came back, little brother.”

 

“Me too.”

 

“Have you found our family?”

 

“No, not yet.” Jarod told Kyle about their half brother Ethan and him also being Miss Parker’s half brother. He told him about Gemini and their father taking him and disappearing. He told him about Emily nearly dying because of Mr. Lyle.

 

Kyle had stayed with Jarod while he was on his pretend. He knew that after this last pretend it would be his last for a while. He wanted to spend time with his little brother and not have The Centre breathing down his back and to do that he would have to quit his pretends and have no contact with Miss Parker, or Sydney.

 

The End