Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Blue Cove, Deleware

 

   The moon was full tonight, the air cool and crisp she was outside on the patio. Ascotch in one hand as she pulled in the niccotine from her cigarette. Her mind was swimming it had been three weeks since she had spent her time alone with Jarod in the hospital.  The bullet wound in her shoulder was still a quiet throb. The thanks she was payed for saving her Father, but she was still his Angel. The name her mother had given her when she had saved his life many years before.

   The phone rang and she picked it up. She waited a beat knowing only one person would call....

"Jarod." 

""Miss. Parker. How are you feeling?" He sounded concerned. He had spent hours unobstructed by Centre eyes. She wasn't conciouss but he was soon to find the two where never alone. Cathrine Parker held vigil with them both, the darkest days where upon them.

 "Like a caliber was rmoved from my shoulder." She breathed out another lungful of smoke taking a sip from her drink she eased back to the table silencing the wince she could feel spilling out. She would have sworn she had been pulled out of the darkness by her mother, but with morphine you never could tell.

 "Atleast you are right.  What I meant was how is your mental well fair."

"The world is changing."

"And where do we fit."

"Alive for now." They both sat still on the other end until.  The doorbell rang, she clicked the phone off and answered the door. When she opened it he was standing there. She was barely able to contian her own shock. As she steped out of the way to let him in.

"What are you doing here?"

"You can't stay this place is killing you."

"That's what that place dose."

"You are not your mother."

"Sometimes I wonder."

"Miss. Parker you're letting this life and that place get the best of you."

"Atleast something's getting the best out of me." She finnished her drink and headed for another one. He never took his eyes off of her, she was dressed so unlike the office. A nice warm sweater and blue jeans. For the first time in a long time he wasn't seeing his old childhood.

  She felt his eyes on her and she saw where this was going. He was having the feeling of being her guardian. It wasn't like him to kiss a boo-boo inwhich he was the cause, there he was none the less. It was the beginning of the end for the Centre.

"Miss. Parker don't you know that the there are things that even I won't consider."

"You draw the line at bullet's." She smiled  at the idea of hurting his feelings, for a genuis he was so gulliable. She was just in the mood to be dominating as usual. He moved over to her to give her a hand and for a split second she almost wanted to let him help her. Instead she moved back and watched as he made her drink and brought it to her.

"Well are you planning on sleeping on my floor incase I need something in the middle of the night."

"I...I was hoping you would consider leaving with me." He almost seemed to be willing her to consider his idea.  She was now looking up from her drink another cigarette in her hand.

"Jarod the second I don't check in my father is going to have every sweepr looking for me." She was just curious what his plan was. As she lit her cigarette he came to sit next to her. He was certain even with her musscle relaxents she was still capable of understanding his words.

"You where looking for me. So you found me from ther dissapearing is as easy as where do you want to go. You do realize you only get a lead on me when I want you too." She watched as he layed the entire gambit out. He was seriouis she had only seen him this way once after she had told him about snow and christmas. He had managed to take a pair of scissors and open a vent and get out side into the snow. Her father had been furious the entire holiday. she almost woulda laughed out loud if her mother where still alive.

tbc...