Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:

.

Some job hunting has to be done *hint hint*, because the show and it's characters are not mine, so I can't earn my money with them.

.


In college Miss Parker had studied business, communication and a little bit ballet on the side, but she never told her father about the dancing. It was just her escape from everything that got on her nerves, so about everything. She had given it up when she returned to the Center and picked up shooting and martial arts instead.

.
Now she thought about what she should be first. She could be anyone, at least that’s what Sydney had told her. She still had to study to be someone, but Jarod has to do that before every pretend as well. She decided a low profile job would be good for the start. Maybe a cook? She could be a chef.
She opened up the newspaper and went to the section with the job offers, while bouncing little Elias up and down in his bouncing chair. Her hair was up in a towel drying off. She had dyed it blond to be less easy to spot in a large crowd, she had always wanted to try it out, better late than never.
Something in the newspaper caught her eye and she was immediately intrigued. Maybe that would be even more her thing.
‘Dance teacher wanted’. Wasn’t that even better? She wondered if she still had it in her. She would just have to go and find out.
.
The next day, Miss Parker settled Elias in a private daycare. She had met a very nice older couple who offered their help after they heard that Miss Parker was a single parent. Parker still couldn’t really wrap her mind around that phrase, but it worked for her. They were looking after their own two grandchildren anyway and didn’t mind having one more in the house. When she was sure Elias was safe and happy with them, she drove straight to the dance studio which was looking for help.

.
She entered the entrance hall and found it empty. She never had a job interview before, how should she behave? What were the rules? She decided to knock on the door across the hall that was marked ‘Gym’. It was worth a try.
A hurried ‘Come in!’ was shouted through the door and when she opened the door, her ears were filled with beautiful classical music and a few 10-year old girls were practicing eagerly some moves. Parker was about to turn around and leave; why had she been so stupid to think she could do this? But she hadn’t even taken one step, when the voice that had called her in came up to her. The man was in his mid-30ies and seemed to be in top shape.
“Hello my name is Daniel, what can I do for you?”
“I saw your add in the newspaper that said you were looking for a new instructor and I’d like to apply.” Parker answered and pushed her newly blond hair behind one ear.
“I’m sorry, but that spot is already filled.”
“What by whom? It was just in the paper yesterday!”
“It was filled by me.” He said and grinned triumphal.
Miss Parker rolled her eyes. “You can’t be serious.”
“Oh I am.”
She turned around without saying anything, but was called back by him before she had a chance to disappear completely.
“What do you want?”
“But we need someone to fill in when one of us seven teachers is ill. It’s only on demand, but if you are interested I could arrange a meeting with the head of this establishment Miss Patty.”
She pretended to think about it, but had already decided. “Sounds good.”
He reached into his gym bag that lay on a bench to the side and dismissed the girls, before he pulled out his cell and dialed a number.
He had a short talk to someone and turned towards her again.
“Do you have your gym stuff with you?”
“Where can I change?”
“Over there.”
“Great.” She tried with all her might to be pleasant, she had to get used to hide her emotions better and not bitch to everyone… that was going to be hard.
.

.

To be continued...

.
.





Chapter End Notes:

.

Okay, there is no cliffhanger here and this chapter was really short, but I’ll do better next time, promise!

.