Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:

.

.

Disclaimer: Still not mine.

.

.


.
.
.
When she arrived at work in the morning she saw Lyle waiting in front of her office.
“You‘re late sis, what did ya’ do?”
“Cut the crap Lyle, what do you want?”
“Can a brother not visit his sister without a reason?”
“Not you.”
“Can I come in?”
“Yeah, but make it fast, I‘ve got a meeting.”
Lyle followed her in her office and sad down opposite her. If he wasn’t her brother and a mass murderer she would have to say, that Lyle was a good looking guy, but with everything she knew about him, he was just another little rat in this place full of Reptiles.
“Sis, I want to ask you about the child. Are you sure you are up to raising him?”
“Well I will certainly not leave him at the Centre where he will be subjected to tests and even worth, you and Raines.”
“But Parker come on, you and a mother? You hate kids.”
“But I don‘t hate my baby brother, so if you‘ll excuse me, I have work to do.”
“Okay, but think about it, you are not your mother, you can‘t show love, that‘s something we inherited Parker.”
“We are nothing alike apart from the fact that we came from the same womb. Now. Get. Out. Of. Here.”
He stood up and leaned against the doorframe.
“I never thought about that, our two naked bodies nestled together in a very tight space, but it sure does interest me, I might have to go into that a little bit further!”
And he left. Miss Parker gagged; she had never been more disgusted by anybody in her life, besides Raines perhaps. Lyle has had a strange thing for her since they met.
She definitely had to look out for him and his strange mind. For the baby’s safety - and her own.
Then suddenly she had an idea. She would contact Jarod. He has been ‘on the run’ for so long now and has to have some very good tricks. She probably had to wait until he contacted her though, because he was still pissed off by her after what she said to him in the car. She had to make it good again and she knew that now.
There was a knock on her office door.
“What?”
Broots came in and stood in front of her.
“Sydney received a phone call from Jarod this morning; he seems to be out of the country.”
“Where?”
“I only know, that he called from a phone outside the United States.”
“Uh, Wonder boy jumps borders now. Is Syd around?”
“I‘m right here.”
“Broots, could you wait outside please?”
“Sure, O have to get some work done anyway.”
As soon as he left, Miss Parker wrote something down on a piece of paper and handed it to him.

She handed it to him and soon as he had read it, she took it back and burned it in her trash. He gave a small nod.
“What did he say when he called today?”
“He just wanted to talk, but he didn‘t give any kind of hint, I honestly think he is tired of the games.”
“You mean he will disappear completely?”
“Maybe.”
“Dammit!” she said it loud enough that anybody who might be listening in on them would hear, that she was angry, but at the same time she gave Sydney a little smile and he grinned back.
She couldn’t tell Lyle about this, god knows what they’ll do with her when there is no Jarod to catch anymore. They’d probably send her on a little ‘vacation’.
There was not much going on the whole day, so she decided to get prepared for the night. What would Sydney teach her? Would she do SIMs? Would he send little electroshocks through her to activate the pretender gene? She knew Jarod had to go through those things and much worse, they even once stopped his heart and brought him back to live like a guinea pig. But she had to do this for Baby Parker; his safety is her only goal. And “Baby Parker” should quickly get a real name.
In the afternoon Raines made a visit to her and basically said the same things as Lyle, just a little scarier and without the incest remarks. As she heard him crawl away she had to smile, soon she wouldn’t have to see them every day, soon she and her brother would be free of this place and they could go wherever they wanted to go. Hamburg was their first stop, but she always wanted to go back to the places she been too while being away for college. That was a long list, but she had all the time she wanted.
.
.
To be continued…
.
.








Chapter End Notes:

.

.

Good, medium, bad? Tell me!

.

.