Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:

Part one of a 2-part chapter. I intended for this to be a 4 part story but I may end up with 5 chapters instead, guess we will see how it goes and if people like it or not. :)


REVELATIONS I

Kyle sped off on his cycle thinking little about keeping his speed under the radar. He never followed the rules before and he never intended to follow them again. He was lost deep in his thoughts, thinking about what lay ahead of him and what his mission was. To end it all. To end the Centre's hold on his family. This is when the siren switched on behind him and he could see red and blue lights from the corner on his eye.

He mumbled a curse under his breath; this was not what he needed right now, not today of all days. Usually when an obstacle came between him and his mission it would be simple to just dispatch that problem and move on.

He considered at first just to outrun the cruiser because he thought of how much fun that always was, but then he was curious about this turn of events and wanted to see if he was still on the most wanted circuit or if he had indeed been deleted and marked as deceased. He also knew that if he had to go to plan B that would not bother him either.

Kyle pulled his cycle over to the edge of the highway, first looking ahead of him and behind to make sure there was no traffic that might hinder his plans. Seeing nothing but an empty highway stretching for miles in both directions he clicked the key of his cycle to the off position and kicked his foot to engage the kickstand as he waited for the officer to make their way over.

"Please put your hands on the top of the handlebars." A voice sounded out, the timbre of the voice was different than Kyle expected it to be.

"Alright.' He sighed with little interest, lifting up his hands and wiggling his fingers in the air before setting them down on the handlebars.

"Take off your helmet for me sir" The voice requested growing closer.

"Would you rather I keep my hands on the handlebars or do what you asked because it really makes no sense as I cannot proceed to do both at once." Kyle reached up and took off his helmet and set it down on the back of his bike. "But then again I don't really care about any of this really."

He was about to put his hands back in their original position when he noticed the officer standing a few feet from him, now he knew why the voice sounded different over the loudspeaker, the officer was not some burly Sherriff's officer but quite the contrary.

She was a very petite woman, he approximated her age to be between 20-25. She had dark auburn hair with sun kissed golden hues woven into them amd although she wore her hair tied up in a French twist he could still tell that the length was several inches below her shoulders. She had long dark thick fringed eyelashes that framed her light brown eyes which contained flecks of gold that caught the light making them even more beautiful to look at. She wore a dark blue uniform with a gold badge pinned to her chest, the clothes seemed to form fit her slender body as if they were tailor made just for her.

She was quite a good looking girl; he wondered why she had chosen such a rugged job like this one as a career. Kyle wondered to himself.

"Please put your hands back on the handlebars sir." She said again.

Kyle grinned, although he never thought much about it, he had been told many times by different women that he was very good looking, this had worked to his advantage many times over the years and he liked anything that gave him an edge.

He put his hands back and turned his head so that his eyes met the officers "Anything else you want me to do for you?" he chided.

"Do you have any weapons on your person?" She asked.

"Perhaps." Kyle answered "You can search me if you like, although I would ask you tell me one thing first?"

Taken aback the officer looked into Kyle's green eyes and answered with a mere word "And what would that be?" She replied.

"Tell me your name and not officer this or that, I mean your name, what is it?" Kyle said tilting his head to the side to get a better look at the young woman making sure that her gun was still holstered to her side.

"Why do you want to know anyway?" She answered back after a brief pause; no one she had ever pulled over had asked her for her first name, she found it a bit puzzling.

"Names are a bit of a hobby of mine." Kyle answered "I was just wondering why your parents gave you that specific name."

"It's umm.. My name is Elizabeth." She said at last, now more than a bit curious about this man. "Elizabeth, okay."

"Ah, the name given to Queens and to movie legends." He said calmly brushing a strand of hair from his eyes. "Elizabeth; Hebrew in origin it means God's promise, it is also biblical in nature, it was the name of John the Baptist's mother, it also means God is my Oath. Not bad but it doesn't really suit you."

"That's a bit rude." She answered back, taking a few steps back from him.

"I say what I mean and I mean what I say," He said looking over again at her eyes "Perhaps I am wrong, yet I rarely am. So what do your friends call you?"

"Lizzy." She stammered out "The few I have call me Lizzy, but my mom she always used to call me Lisbeth."

"I like that name a lot better, Lisbeth and I take it from your past tense context that your mother is no longer alive." Kyle replied quickly "And you are not a Lizzy either, it also doesn't fit you."

She dropped her eyes to the asphalt highway, moving that stray piece of hair behind her ears before responding "You are right she is no longer alive, but I don't see why that would matter to you."

"You were either in a police academy or just starting the force when she gave it to you right?" Kyle said more than asked because he liked getting into the heads of people and this young woman officer or not was no exception."

"I was 18 years old when she gave it to me, she died from stage 4 brain cancer not long afterwards." Lisbeth responded "But how did you know that?"

"When I asked about your mother you instinctively touched the St. Michael medallion that you wear around your neck, you probably don't even recall doing that. She gave that to you and you have always worn it, since the pendant is well worn, except the gold chain that is rather new. There is more to it than that, but it takes time to lay it all out there."

"I had the chain replaced just 2 months ago because the clasp broke during an apprehension. And before you ask I still keep the original in my jewelry box at home." Lisbeth wasn't sure to make of all this, this man seemed to know things about her without even knowing her. Had he been stalking her? The thought terrified her.

"No, I haven't ever stalked you, this is the first time I have ever laid eyes on you, I just notice things other people might not." Kyle answered with a hint of a smirk upon his face.

"Did I say that out loud?" Lisbeth stammered, so sure that she only thought it.

"No, you didn't say that out loud and No I'm not psychic either. I just take notice of a lot of things about people that seems so trivial and unimportant they just gets overlooked. I was trained that way you see."

"So what are you FBI? CIA? BAU?" She asked; strangely undaunted by having this man reach in her mind and bring to light things that her co-workers, some that she had worked with for years had not even noticed. "So what else can you tell me about myself, just by looking at me?"

Kyle turned his gaze towards her ignoring all but her last question and after a mere moment started talking. "You wear your uniform with pride, it is neatly pressed and even in this heat, you wont even unbutton the collar. That tells me you are dedicated to what you do. You keep your car immaculate because you again take pride in your work. Your make-up is minimal, not overstated but subtle, you are a consummate professional, you keep your hair swept back neatly into a rather severe twist knot because you are woman working with mostly men. At least other cops that are men. You want to prove to them that you can do the job just as good if not better than they can and they resent you for that. You are most likely an only child who over exceeds at everything you put your mind to, to the chagrin of others. And most importantly you are most likely the only girl in your family who chose this career path." Kyle stopped and let her think for a moment, after all to be profiled was not an easy thing to endure.

Lisbeth was stunned, he had summed up her entire profile in less than a minute without asking her not even a single question. Now she was more than enticed with this handsome young man. How did he know so much about her? Was this a set-up of some kind? How much danger was she in? All these thoughts rushed through her mind like a speeding train with no destination in sight.

Lisbeth was still lost in thought, when she broke protocol and approached the man on the cycle without calling for back-up or at least take her side arm out.

Instead she walked ever so close towards him, letting his voice ease her in.

"Are you one of those profilers like the FBI has? You know the kind of guy whose job it is to get inside the mind of the worst criminals?" She asked inching closer, now more captivated by him then ever and besides criminal profiling had been one of her favorite subjects at the academy. "Who was the worst criminal you ever profiled?" She added getting very close to Kyle who simply obliged her with a reassuring smile.

"Come closer and I will tell you all that you want to know." He beckoned her over with his finger and charmed her with his smile until she was leaning in towards him much too close than she normally would have ever done.

The man gently moved a wisp of her hair back that kept falling out of it's twist with his fingers before whispering ever so softly in her ear.

"Darling," Kyle said in a most calming voice "I myself am the criminal that those so-called FBI profilers just love to discuss."

She tried to scream but the sound caught in her throat and before she could respond, he grabbed her by the waist and disarmed her with such amazing speed and dexterity that she didn't even know what happened until it was too late. He held her close to him breathing in the smell of her light scented perfume, feeling her rapid heartbeat against his chest."

She trembled beneath him as he held her close and moved her back towards the back seat of her own patrol car. When he opened the back door of the car and gestured for her to slide inside the back seat. That is when she began to silently cry.

Kyle cocked his head to the side and peered over into her shining eyes. "Why are you crying?" He asked even though he could tell she was scared just by the increase in her heart rate and the way her body trembled as he carried her in is arms.

The petite officer felt a pang of fear flood through her body, but yet mustered up the courage to respond "You want me in the back seat; you want me there to.. to…" She couldn't even finish her sentence for terror was getting the best of her.

"To rape you?" Kyle finished for her. "You think that I asked you to get into the back seat so that I can rape you? Am I correct in that assumption?'

"Yes" Lisbeth stammered out, the feeling of fear growing exponentially with each second that ticked by.

"Ah, let's not be so crude Lisbeth." Kyle replied keeping his voice so calm and steady, it seemed chilling. "I admit that I have done a lot of bad, bad things to a laundry list of people. But I have never raped anyone, let alone even gave it so much as a minute thought. I find that behavior lecherous and disgusting."

"Then why make me get into the back seat?" she asked as her voice began to crack.

"I may be a lot of things, but for the record I Do NOT, not have I ever raped a woman." Kyle added vehemently.

"Believe it or not, I do have some standards Lisbeth." Kyle said cocking his head to the side as he were thinking about something.

"But you are a self proclaimed criminal, how do you expect me just to take your word on the subject?" She asked, hoping that another car would miraculously appear on the highway, sparing her from God only knows what this man had in mine for her. She almost wept when she saw nothing but sage brush and dirt devils swirling around in the dry arid heat. No, there would be no one coming along this stretch of Highway, especially since it was a Sunday and traffic was always light on those days.

"Ah, how can someone such as myself even care about such things? Well, I tell you that I do, there are only a few things that I just won't do and never have before. I find raping a helpless woman or any woman as it were, disgusting and beneath me. It's animalistic to say the very least. But you can believe whatever you want for this is a free country from what I have read but I have never raped a woman and I have never killed a kid. Kids are innocents to me."

Lisbeth was frightened, she didn't know if she even believed him or not, after all he had disarmed her in a split second. "

"I give you my word that I will not lay an inappropriate hand or finger upon your body in any sort of a sexual way." Kyle stated again. "Understood?"

Lisbeth remained silent but nodded her head as she let him lead her back to her patrol car.

Kyle continued talking calmly to her as though nothing was wrong "Just for the record you are quite an attractive even stunning young woman, but I am not inclined in any way to take such advantages of you, I do promise that you are in no danger of such things happening between you and I."

Lisbeth studied his body while he talked to her, he was very fit, over six feet tall easily, where she herself was more like five foot one at best, weighing about 115 pounds soaking wet. She was no match for him physically, all she could do at this point was go along with whatever he asked of her. His hair was brown and he was a white male in his mid to late twenties, with the most striking green eyes she had ever seen on any man. There was also a long scar on his cheek that ended close to his eye. She could not make out at tattoos or other scars that were visible. He had full lips and perfect teeth from what she could see when he smiled at her. Besides the Navy blue jacket, he wore all black underneath, along with black boots.

Kyle sensed that she was measuring him up, but he didn't really care, he would be long gone soon anyway and planned to ditch those clothes at the nearest opportune moment.

"Now you be a good girl and get in the back seat while I look through your police data base, then after we can have a little talk okay, If everything checks out then I will take my leave of you and you will never see or hear from me again. Is that clear?

She nodded her head again and climbed in the back seat of her own patrol car, one that she used to think made her impervious to these kinds of situations. She could barley comprehend just how fast the tables had turned for her. She watched with helplessness as he casually tossed her only weapon a Glock 9 onto the passenger seat, after removing all the bullets and stashing them in the front pocket of his pants.

Kyle whistled to himself as he climbed into the front seat of the patrol car and turned on the small computer terminal. It seemed strangely outdated for this day and age but he would make due with this archaic piece of equipment. As he inspected the unit his whistling stopped and he muttered something to himself that she couldn't make out.

Lisbeth picked up on his mood quickly "We don't have much of a budget anymore. So we take what we can get, even substandard crap like that."

"No problem." Kyle answered back as he heard the frustration in her voice. "I can work wonders with even this sort of computer, it is another hobby of mine." Kyle was soon busy watching typing so fast that his fingers became nothing but a blur to her. "Although I could easily hack into this system myself in mere minutes. If you would give me the password yourself it would help me to trust you a little."

Lisbeth shook her head from side to side indicating a negative response.

She could have given him a false password to stall for time, but he did promise that he would leave her unharmed if she complied with his requests and for some strange indefinable reason she put her trust in that.

Kyle turned around in the front seat and looked directly at her and into her almond shaped eyes. Their eyes met, his bright green ones to her brown and gold ones, as he held her gaze she felt her resolve melt away.

He sensed her mood shift so he once again re-assured her that he would be taking his leave of her only after he found the information that he was searching for.

Without looking away from him she quickly relayed her private police band password to him. She told herself that she did it because she just wanted this to be over as quickly as possible, but now she wasn't so sure. Clearly there was something about this good looking man that captivated her and although she was still scared, when she looked into his eyes that fear momentarily went away. A minute later he was in. And soon enough he was exactly where he wanted to be inside the police database. He accessed his own file and was pleased to see the word 'DECEASED' in bold red lettering across the bottom. There was another small note that read 'MARKED FOR DELETION'.

She listened to him type for several minutes until he looked back at her.

He watched with curiosity as her breath began to steady itself almost automatically. Strange oh so strange he thought as he continued his work, this girl is trusting me. It was a conundrum for him because besides his brother no one ever simply trusted him to do what he said he would do. He wondered how long this trust might last.

"Did you radio in that you were pulling me over?" He asked leaning back in the seat while resting his arm across the top part.

She whimpered back something that he couldn't quite make out. "Oh Lisbeth, Lisbeth" He said sighing "I thought we had a rapport going, I have told you of my intentions when it comes to yourself, so why would you not answer me clearly?"

"I called in your plate and that it was a cycle but that was it." Lisbeth said softly. "I Swear, that was all I did."

"You swear eh?" Kyle asked looking down at the console. He waited as she nodded her head slightly and then continued "Alrighty, I see from your transmission here that only my cycle plates were called in. It seems you are telling me the truth after all. I like that, Lisbeth. He smiled down at the keyboard, typed something more into her police computer then spoke some more.

"By the way, it's not really my cycle, I just liberated it. So it can never be traced back to me, but hey that's just semantics right? I just needed to know if you told me the truth and did give them a description of me but I see here that you did not."

She didn't say a word for a long moment, just stared back at him, before saying in that soft lilting voice "Well, I never got the chance."

"I know." Kyle replied still typing away on the tiny keyboard "But I needed to use your police band computer and securing you in the process was only a precaution on my part. You have yet to lie to me Lisbeth and I am curious as to why that is? You could have stalled me by not giving me your password, you could have so easily lied and said you had back-up coming, yet you did none of those things, why?"

"Because trust goes both ways. You wanted honesty and I gave it freely even though I was and still am afraid. I am willing to trust you at your word, not because of the circumstances, but because I want to give you the same courtesy that you have promised me. Yes, trust is a two sided street no matter how you interpret it."

Kyle gave her terse smile and added "Oh yes Lisbeth; speaking of that topic is no easy feat for me either; trust that is. You see, trust and me; oh we have a great many issues. So as a rule I tend to distrust most anyone and everything. It is ingrained in my nature, a part of me."

"Isn't that hard, never trusting anyone?" Lisbeth asked carefully adjusting herself on the hard seat.

He looked back at her and saw that she was hugging herself as she spoke to him; the look in her eyes was the look of a frightened puppy.

"For a long time my answer would have been so easy. I simply didn't care, I never cared in fact. You can't miss something you never had dear little Lisbeth." Kyle never talked this much to anyone and on the rare occasions that he did. He always made sure that no one ever lived to talk. "But, well you see; now there is someone out there in the real world that I trust with my life and more. He paused and added carefully "And once a lifetime ago there was someone else that I let my guard down around, the first person I ever decided to trust."

"Is it someone in your family?" She asked. The shaking she had felt at first was now ebbing. "The one you talked about first."

"My family." Kyle said slightly laughing at his own words "I guess he could be called that. I suppose then; yes it is someone in my family, my very small fractured family as it were."

Lisbeth felt that tinge of fear move up her spine again as she heard him laugh. But she also felt a strong sudden surge of attraction towards this man, he really was incredibly handsome, his deep green eyes seemed to draw her in. But isn't that what they said about Bundy too she thought to herself. Just what was she getting herself involved in?

"My big brother Jarod." Kyle said turning his body around so that he could watch her expressions and body language as they talked. "He's everything that I am not, you see where he saves the world, I condemn it. Where he saves lives, I take lives." He let his words sink in before continuing.

"We were close as children, but I have only seen him once since we both grew up. For many years while I was locked up I thought he was dead because that was what I had been told. And when he finally found me and confronted me with the truth I didn't believe him. It took awhile but slowly I began to trust him, which was exceedingly hard because it had been so long since I trusted anyone, now I would die for him. Isn't that something? For my brother showed me such feelings that I have only read of in books."

"You speak of your brother like you both love and fear him." She said softly.

"Yes, I suppose that sentiment is somewhat true, I do fear his judgment of me. But love is a foreign to me as it has always been." Kyle answered running his fingers through his hair as he talked. "My dear older brother Jarod, we are so different, where light seems to follow him, darkness envelopes me constantly. I exist only in the shadows just beyond that light. People look at his eyes and they see love, when they look at mine they see only fear."

"Then why don't you try something else if you don't want to be in the dark?" She asked somewhat brazenly but still letting her shoulders slump as she talked. If I'm going to die then I damn well better start drawing out her last moments.

Kyle picked up immediately on her change posture and the infliction in her voice was also different. "You still think that I am going to kill you." He said with a bite of anger rising in his voice. "So you don't really trust me yet do you?"

When she didn't answer he yelled back loudly "DO YOU?"

"No, I suppose not." She whimpered slightly, stung a little. "But you did say that you were a killer and that other than two people, you yourself don't trust anyone." She was nearing hysterics as she continued on "Plus you just told me that you were locked up and I can only assume it was for murder."

"Hmm" Kyle pondered this over in his mind for awhile before nodding slightly. "I see your point; I wouldn't trust me either if I was in your shoes. And if I needed you to say; disappear, than I probably wouldn't lose any sleep over it."

Lisbeth looked up at him and listened carefully, she did not want to anger this guy, because she was pretty sure that he could easily become unpredictable. All her law enforcement training had never prepared her for something like this and all she could do was improvise and if he wanted her to trust him then that is what she would do. She was about to voice this to him but all she could get out was a single sentence. "You scare me mister, and I honestly believe that you might kill me right now if you wanted too."

"Normally on any other day you would be spot on, but that here is not the case unless you do something foolish and I would strongly advises against that. I don't expect you to trust me completely for that would be foolish and you are not a foolish person, I can see that. I am just asking that you trust that I will not harm you if you comply with what I ask of you, just for a little while at best. I don't want to have to kill you Lisbeth, so please don't so anything that would make me."

She gazed back into his green eyes and managed back a weak reply "Okay mister. I will trust what you have promised."

"Great." Kyle said with a smile "Now we are on the same page, in tandem if you will."

He got out of the cruiser after making sure her door was locked then went about rolling his bike off the highway and behind some large bushes that would conceal it from anyone driving along the highway. Even though there had not been a car in sight for over and hour he still was cautious. Caution had served him well since he began life outside in the real world.

Lisbeth watched him from her window and knew exactly what he was doing; he was far more experienced at evasion than she previously thought. Soon he was back behind the wheel of her patrol car. The keys still hung from the ignition switch so it was easy to start it right up. The engine came to life with a soft purr.