Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

They had learned so much about living in this strange and wonderful new world in the few short months since the escape they decided to settle down somewhere and find out more about what it was like to live a normal life.

 

"Well here seems like a good enough high school than any for us to lead a normal teen life"

"What's so great about normal anyway?" Nathan asks sarcastically rolling his eyes.

"Shut up and lets get enrolled in school already" I say as I push him gently up the stairs.


"All right well everything seems to be in order here. I just need to get in contact with your old school so we can get a copy of your school records. So I can have a better understanding of where we can place you both that well benefit you both in your learning career and well see you live up to your full ability here" Principal Kilsby told them.

"Well we just happen to have our records here already, if that helps in any way?" I say taking two manila folders out of my red courier bag.

"Well good that saves us both a lot in time" he says as he takes the two folders out of Jessica's hand.

"Hmm I must say that both your files are very impressive, I can see that you both well benefit in being placed in some of our more advanced classes. Tell me have either of you thought about college?" he continues after taking a moment to skim through the twin's files.

"Well I.. um.. I mean we both really haven't given it much thought" Nathan answers awkwardly to the question, as he doesn't think they'll be in town that long.

"I see well I suggest that you should have a chat with our career advisor Mrs. Jan Wright"  

"We'll think about it" I say.

"Good well I'll finish up with finalizing your enrolment to our school and I'll see you off to your first class"


After a futile day in Nathan's mind of playing smart but not outstandingly gifted teens. They both decided that they would go and check out the place to be seen on a Friday or Saturday night from the friends that they had effortlessly made in the first few hours of school a club called Reborn.

 

"Hey look it's the new guys from school Jess and what's his name" Chris says remembering them from when they had walked in the library during one of their study group and from later talking to his friend Blake who had been asked to give them a tour of the school.

"Looks to me like you've fallen for her Chris. Why don't you go over there and ask her to dance or something? I dare you" He says egging his friend on.

"Na it's just my luck that she's taken" trying to hide the disappointment in his voice as he look over and sees them dancing.

"Well let's go over there and find out" undeterred by the scene.

"Mike no! Mike! Damn it" he yells reluctantly following.

Pushing his way through the crowd Chris made it just in time to here Mike ask them a question.

"Hey you guys are new here?" Mike asks struggling slightly to be heard over the music.

"Yeah I'm Nathan but you can call me Nate and this is my sister Jessica"

"Jess for short" slightly eyeing the other guy who's looking slightly unease.

The one who started the conversation shoots his friend a smug look before introducing each other.

"Well I'm Mike and this goofball here is my best bud Chris" he says jokingly.

"Hey! Your a bigger goofball than I am" Chris says slightly annoyed that his mate would say something like that to a girl that he likes. 

<<"Hey Jess I think Chris likes you>> he teasingly sings.

~~Shut up Nate ~~

"Well I'm gonna go and get a drink you want anything Jess?" turning to look at his sister.

"Yeah sure a coke would be good" ~~ Just what are you up to? ~~ flashing him a questioning look.

"Hey wait I'll come with you" Mike says as they quickly make their way through the crowd to the nearest bar.

Jessica could clearly see the surprised what are you doing look Chris gave to Mike before he left which amused her and caused her to smile. 

"So why do I get the feeling that there trying to ditch us or something" Chris says getting over his discomfort.

"Like trying to set us up you mean?"

"Well I.. um I wouldn't say that " Chris thinks if he had a drink then he would have choked on it or spilled it on him just than as that's how uneasy he was right now, no girl had had that effect on him before.

"Relax how bout you and I dance for a bit until they get back with the drinks and you can tell me about yourself at the same time" flashing him a reassuring smile.

 

From across the room at the bar Nathan and Mike look on at the two dancing and laughing together on the floor and toast to a job well done.