Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

The trio had settled comfortably in their living room and so began a conversation about any new findings or leads to follow.

"Ok so this is what I found out on that file, it's a story on drug in school and why does this not surprise you. Nathan what do you know?" I say when I see the look on his face.

"I've just been offered steroids by Shane in the change room, but that's not all according to him coach is the one who supplies most of the team"

"Ok so how do we find out if Mr Austin or one of your football buddies is behind this" Chris asks.

"I'm going to sneak into his office after I meet him this evening and see what I can find, seeing as I'm on the team if I get caught I wont look to out of place being there" Nathan lets them in on his plan.

"Alright we'll wait and see what you find than worry about the players later" I say wondering where this new lead well go.


Shane and Nathan walked through scarcely filled car park of a local park, some evening joggers go past but other than that they were alone. 

"Are you sure this is the spot?"

"Relax Coach is just over there" Shane says as the walk toward were coach Austin stands near his car.

"Nathan glad to see you take this game seriously, this first ones free, than its two hundred per vial" he says before passing him a small package.

"Yeah well I wasn't sure but Shane here says it's safe and I've been thinking that I want to make football my career, so I'll do what I can to make it happen and I guess the price seems fair" Nathan says shrugging his shoulders as if this was nothing.

"Ok so from now on if you need steroids or other drugs you contact me via this pager number, and I'll give you the details of when and were the drop of takes place. Oh and remember if you get caught you tell them nothing about me or your other teammates understand" Austin informs him on how things are run.

"Otherwise my life won't be worth living" Nathan says jokingly.

"Something like that" coach says with a hint of a sinister look in his eyes.

"Relax Nate it's nothing that serious, it just we don't tell on the one's who's watching our backs" Shane says flashing him a reassuring smile.


Nathan manages to slip into the school and into Mr Austin's office unnoticed. He searches the filing cabinet and the bookshelf but found nothing usefully, he's about to check the desk when he see the light of the security guards flashlight through the glass panel of the door Nathan turns off his light than ducks behind the desk.

The door rattles a bit as the guard checks it than he walks away; Nathan waits until the light and the guard's footsteps fades away. Nathan turns his light back on an begins to check the draws, the first two he finds nothing but with last one he finds something important taped underneath it.

<> referring to Hanna's notepad covered with specks of dried blood that he found hidden underneath the bottom draw of his desk.

~~Get back here safely we need to think of a fitting way to make him confess~~ and to make him suffer for what he's done. I think.

 


Mr Austin is sitting at his desk writing up a new routine that he wants the team to learn when the phone rings.

"Coach Austin Speaking"

"Mr Austin my name is Jessica Teal I'm a reporter for Glebe Times. I need to talk to you its important could you please meet me somewhere?"

"Ms Teal I'm sorry but I'm very busy today but I could see you tomorrow" he wasn't in the mood to talk to some school reporter today.

"It has to do with one of your player's, I have found some disturbing information that I think you should know about" I tell him knowing that it'll get his attention.

"Ok if you come down to my office I can fit you in so we can talk" sitting up straight in his chair his interested now peaked.

"I.. I really don't feel safe going there, in case the person I want to talk to you about is there. As I think he feels that I know something about him already" feign fear in my voice.

"Fine where and when would you like to meet?"


Mr Austin walked into the hall and looked around he couldn't see anyone. So he walks down towards the stage scanning the rows of chairs as he went, still no sign of Jessica he walks up onto the stage. There was an elaborate set of a dark, gloomy forest and a table and chair in front of it, Mr Austin walked towards it but stopped when he's at center stage.

"Alright I'm here now what was so important that you didn't want to talk about it anywhere else?" he says annoyed at going to all this trouble just to talk.

Jessica steps out of the shadows catching him off guard.

"I know you set up James to take the fall with the promise of free drugs for a year, telling him that because he's a minor and because it was his first offence he'd probably be out in no time at all on good behavior. What I want to know is why?" I say shooting him an icy glare.

"What the hell are you talking about?" totally baffled by what she just said.

"Find then have it your way" as I say it the trap door that he is standing on opens up and he fall into the small dimly lit room below.

"Just who the hell do you think are you?" he yells as he try's to in vain jump up and grab the edge of the trap and than scans the room for a way out.

"I'm your worst nightmare. Now are you gonna talk and tell me why you tried to kill Hanna, who's now lying in hospital fighting for her life" I say peering down over the edge at him.

"You believe some drug addict teen who just wants to save his own skin instead of facing up to what he's done, by trying to pass the blame onto the only person who tried to help him" coach Austin yells back.

"You sent an innocent kid to jail whose only crime was getting hooked on drugs that you supplied him with" a small wave tinge of anger washed over me which threatened to break my calm composure.

"The only thing I'm guilty of is not reporting him to anyone when I first found out, maybe than this whole thing would never have happened" he says with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Hey have you though of a career as a fiction writer I think you'd be really good at it" I quip.

"You're going to be in so much trouble with the cops when I get out of here" he threatens her.

"Oh by the way there are a few little slithery friends down there to keep you company. Oh wait your afraid of snakes now aren't you, well don't worry the snakes aren't venomous at lest I think there not" I say in a mocking tone.

"Find I'll tell you everything just let me out of here" his voice trembling with fear as he hears the hissing sounds around him.

"Not until you tell me what I want to know" I yell back at him.

"Find I tried to kill Hanna Tate because she found out that I was selling drugs to local kids and the high school kids I coached. You happy now, you've got what you want. Now! GET ME OUT OF HERE YOU CRAZY BITCH" he says becoming hysterical.

"You know you really shouldn't call someone a bitch who holds your pitiful life in her hands. I was gonna let you out but now I think I'll leave you get to know my friends a little better" I say with a wicked smile.

Jessica than close the trap door shut and walks away to the sound of his pitiful screams for help, just as Chris and her brother walks over and hand's her the tape recorder with the confession on it and places it on the trap door with a note that say's play me on it.

"Nate remind me NEVER to get on your sister's bad side. So how long do you think it will take him to realize that the snakes down there are fake and that it's just a sound recording" Chris asks as they step outside and walk towards the car.

"About as long as it takes for the cops to come and arrest his sorry little ass" I say with a smirk.

"Well we better get going before they show up and start asking questions"

"Alrighty so who's driving" Nathan asks waving the keys in the air.

"I am" I say as I grab the keys out of my brother's hand and head towards the driver's side door.

Both boys cringing as they know how fast she likes to drive, well maybe this time might be different as they don't have a Sweeper team on their tall they can only hope.