Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

When they got there they threw both of them in the same cell and then left. Jarod paced inside the cell and then turned as the door opened and saw Sydney,

“Sydney.” He walked to the bars and hung on.

“How are you Jarod?” Asked Sydney

“I would be fine if I wasn’t here.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Sorry enough to get Zoë and me out of here, or just Zoë out of here.”

“You know I can’t do that.” Replied Sydney.

“Can’t or won’t?”

“Why did they take Zoë too?” Asked Sydney.

“So they can force me to do Sims for them. They know that I won’t let anything happen to Zoë. Is Miss Parker gone already?”

“She was cleaning out her office when I heard the news that you were back.”

“So it’s true they both get what they want? She gets to leave and Lyle gets the power.”

“I’m sorry, Jarod.” Sydney said one last time as he turned to leave.

“Jarod, what is this all about?” Asked Zoe after Sydney had left. She had been listening to the conversation.

“What do you mean?” Asked Jarod.

“Why do they think they own you? Why were you taken when you were four years old? What are Sims? And you have a clone.”

“I was taken because I am a pretender, a genius who becomes anyone they want to be. Sydney the man who was just here trained me and was in charge of my simulations. They think because of this they own me. Sims are simulations that I did while I was here. They give you a hypothetical problem like how to build a better building, or airplane and I would do that. When I found out that they were using this to hurt and kill I escaped. It would be a year after that I found out that another test subject that I did a sim with was my brother Kyle. It was also then that I found out that I have a sister named Emily. I almost got to hug them, but the Centre got in the way of that. It would be a couple of years later that I found my father and we rescued Gemini who’s my clone. When I was here I did a cloning simulation never knowing that it would be used on me. While I escaped I did various pretends to help people because of what I did at the Centre.”

“That’s who the boy was?” Asked Zoe.

“Yes.”

“I’m so sorry, Jarod that you went through all that heartache. I did it by choice; you never had a choice to be separated from your family. I hope that someday you will find all of them.”

“Thank you Zoë.”