Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

At Last

 

 

Jarod stood in Miss Parker’s house with his sister Emily.

 

“You don’t know, Emily. How it feels like to being used by someone you thought loved you and cared for you. When they didn’t love, or care for you. They only wanted something from you. You have no idea what that feels like.”

 

“And she does?” She pointed at Miss Parker.

 

“Yes, she does. Her father lied to her about things. He wanted her to believe him and not me because he wanted her to chase me and leave the past alone.”

 

Miss Parker watched the two siblings fight with each other.

 

“Do you honestly believe that she thought her father was lying to her? That maybe she wanted to believe it?”

 

“No. She’s a Centre prisoner just like I was. Her bars might have been different, but that doesn’t mean anything.”

 

“She was the one that hunted you, Jarod.”

 

“And if she didn’t she would have been dead. Look I know that you don’t like her, but at least give her a chance.”

 

“I don’t know Jarod.”

 

“Please give her a chance. That’s all I’m asking.”

 

“I’ll think about it.”

 

“Good. Now let’s go to the Centre.”

 

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Asked Miss Parker knowing that Jarod didn’t like the Centre.

 

“I’m sure. I have to face my fear sometime.” Replied Jarod as he put on his jacket.

 

“Jarod are you okay?” Asked Emily as she saw the fear in her brother’s eyes and how he was clenching his fists. They could see the Centre looming up ahead of them.

 

“I’m fine, Emily.”

 

Miss Parker glanced into the back seat and saw the fear in his eyes. “You don’t have to do this.”

 

“I have to get over this fear and tell myself that it’s over. I’ll be fine.”

 

They parked in the parking lot and made their way towards the front of the Centre. Jarod gathered himself up and made his way inside.

 

“We don’t have to do this Jarod. We can go back to my place and come back without you.”

 

“No, I’m fine. I have to do this sometime.” He replied as he walked up the steps with the others following him. He pulled open the doors and walked inside. It seemed like it was only yesterday that he walked into the doors to trade his father for Mr. Parker. He was nervous then too, but he got over it and he’ll get over it now.

 

They walked to Miss Parker’s office as she rummaged through the drawers and found what she needed. After that they went to Sydney’s office to take the locked box that he had in the drawer.

 

“I want to show you something,” Miss Parker said as she led them to the elevator and then to a room filled with all of Jarod’s discoveries.

 

“You kept them all?” Jarod said in amazement, as he looked at all the stuff that he had left, or sent them. He moved around the room touching everything.

 

“Of course Jarod.” Watching the pretender as he walked around.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because they were from you. They would have been destroyed, but Sydney thought that maybe you would want some of these things back.”

 

“And you didn’t.”

 

“At that time, No.”

 

“And now?”

 

“I still don’t know.”

 

Jarod nodded to her and then resumed what he was doing. He picked a few things up and then turned to the people in the room.

 

“I’m ready to go back if you are.”

 

They shuffled out of the room and went back to the elevator. They still didn’t know what the government was going to do with the Centre. Would they shut it down, or make something else out of it?