Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

 

 

 

The next night the phone rang and Miss Parker got it before it could stop. Amelia was in the living room watching T.V. and could hear the conversation.

 

“What?”

 

“Are you still on the chase, Miss Parker?”

 

“Of course I am. Why are you calling now? You don’t call until I’m asleep.”

 

“Because on my last lair I saw Mr. Lyle, Sydney and Broots. Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine. Why would you care?”

 

“Because I still remember the little girl who gave me my first kiss.”

 

“Look that little girl is no longer there. Was there a point to this Jarod?”

 

“Just that there’s a lot of people who care for you.”

 

“Are you one of them? Or are you trying to annoy me?”

 

“Yes, I care for you. You are my friend. Sydney and Broots care for you too.”

 

“As nice as this is to talk to you, I have to go.” She said as she hung up on him.

 

“That was Jarod?”

 

“Yes, he always calls to annoy me.”

 

“Did you ever find out why he never wrote to you?”

 

“No, and I don’t care. He’s a liar and he always will be.”

 

“You don’t believe that do you? Maybe he never got them?”

 

“Right. My father gave them to him and said that he ripped them up because he didn’t want to talk to me anymore.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t be. It’s better this way.”

 

The next day it was time for Amelia to leave and she watched as she pulled out of the driveway. She went back inside and sat on the couch. She thought about what she had said. Could her father be the one that’s lying to her? There were a few times that she had felt that her father was lying to her face, but there were sometimes she didn’t. Could it be that Jarod never got her letters? She shook her head trying to get that thought out of her head. Maybe someday she would find them if they really weren’t destroyed, but not today, or tomorrow. Someday.

 

The End.