Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Jarod's Island out in the Atlantic
Sunday October 31

"There's no backing out Lyle. If we don't pull this off or you betray us, then I doubt you'll ever see Simone again."

"I know. They made me who I was, and as a result I lost Simone. I won't do it again. I don't want her to live being afraid that she'll be found out. And even though I'm grateful to her guardians who've cared for her the past two years, I want to raise my daughter. With what I had and lost in Simone, I'm disgusted by the Centre. I wouldn't wish what happened to you on anyone else or their family. I'm sorry Jarod, about it all."

"Okay. Here's what's going to happen…" Jarod proceeded to tell him the entire plan and what his involvement would be in the takedown. "I want you to meet one of our co-conspirators." He then walked to the door and opened it and nodded to someone out of Lyle's view. As Miss Parker entered Jarod left the room. Nothing was able to prepare Lyle for the shock he felt when he saw his sister come in through the door.

"Hey Lyle."

"What? You're working with Jarod? How could you not tell me?"

"Yes I am, I'm also in love with him. You never told me about helping Emily escape? Or getting Noah out of the Centre?"

"Yeah, but well… you knew though anyways! I can't believe you kept this from me. How long have you been working with him?"

"Since March, after Sydney's faked death."

"I still can't believe you didn't tell me. I mean I almost died in your office when you brought Jarod in!"

"I know Lyle, I'm sorry about that. But I had to. Jarod had to get into the Centre to get some information and set up some things. And he needed to know what you would do to get Simone back, you betrayed the Centre."

"My God, all this time you knew what was going on and you never… Wait a minute did you say that you were in love with him?!"

Miss Parker couldn't help but smile at his slow processing of information. "Yeah I did. I've always loved Jarod. I just didn't realize it until March. I learned a lot of things back then."

Lyle was still shocked at all he was learning. 'I can't believe she loves him, but she's still at the Centre.' "I hope you've been careful! If dad ever found out-"

"That's another thing I learned Lyle. Mister Parker isn't our dad. Our father is Ben Miller, he's the man mom had an affair with, she never told him that she had born him two children."

"What? This is too much. Mr. Parker isn't our father."

"No. And he knows it. You have to understand why I didn't tell you. Jarod had the most to lose, this is his plan, he calls the shots. He wasn't ready to bring you in on the plan. I knew you had changed, but he couldn't see it like I did."

"I just can't believe this…"



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Friday November 5

"Jarod how's this going to work out until we get rid of the Centre."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean with Simone? I would really like to keep seeing her until then."

Jarod looked up at the others in the room, Miss Parker, Emily, and Steve, before returning his attention to Lyle. "Lyle, these next few months are going to be critical. I don't think we can risk any contact between any of us and those of you at the Centre."

At this Miss Parker looked at Jarod shocked, she hadn't thought about that. "What?"

"Parker after tomorrow we can't see each other again until this is all over. We have to limit our contact to the "chase". I'm sorry but we can't let the Centre think either of you are involved. I'm sorry that it has to be this way, but it's the safest way."

"I understand. When exactly will we be taking down the Centre?"

"Sometime in the next four months."

Lyle was shocked at the amount of time he would have to go without having contact with his daughter. "That long?!?! When exactly though?"

"I can't tell you."

"What, don't you trust me Jarod?"

"Come on Jarod, just tell us when we have to be prepared at the Centre."

"I'm sorry Parker, I can't tell either of you. For them to not suspect your involvement, you have to be as surprised as everyone else will be there. Believe me, I trust you both, but we have to do it this way if we want to successfully take the Centre down and live to talk about it."

"Can't you at least give us some warning as to when it's going to go down?"

Jarod looked at Miss Parker and Lyle before deciding. "All right, I won't be able to give you much warning though, a day at most."

TBC

A/N: I don't even have a sketch for what happens next, so please bare with me. As always reviews always stimulate the mind into action!