Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Remember

One Year

By: 24

Blue Cove, Delaware

Miss Parker walked to the tech room to find that Broots and Sydney were already there. She looked to each one of them. She knew that Sydney was still worried that something might have happened to Jarod. He hasn’t contacted him, or her in a year. No presents, no 2 am calls and no red notebooks. She didn’t want to admit it to anyone, but she too was worried. Was he dead, had he been captured by one of their competitors, or had he gone underground? Had he finally reunited with his family?

“Have you found anything?”

“No, Miss Parker.”

“Well, you better find something and soon.”

She walked back out of the tech room and went to her own office. She looked out the window and looked out and then sat down at her desk. She had lots of paperwork to do and started on it.

A week later she decided she needed time off, so she packed a few things and got into her car and drove off. She was tired of trying to find their wayward pretender with no luck.

Dallas, Texas

Jarod stepped out of the car with his girlfriend Jasmine and they both walked into the mall. It had been one year since his accident that had left him with no memory of his past. The only reason he knew his name was because of the driver’s license that was in his wallet. He had tried to find out about his past, but every time he did so there was a block. He had to put his past behind him and build his future. Jasmine didn’t mind that he didn’t know his past she loved him anyways.

He liked to go to the mall just to watch people, shop and see new things. He still loved candy and still had his Pez. He had met Jasmine at his current workplace as an accountant. He may not know his past, but he found out he was good with so many things.

Miss Parker decided to find out what the local mall had to offer. She stepped out of the car and made her way to the entrance of the mall. Two minutes later she got the surprise of her life. There was Jarod very casually walking with a woman who was about his height and had long blonde hair. They were holding hands. He hadn’t seen her yet and she hoped that he wouldn’t. She quietly followed them to see where they were going. She saw that they went into a candy and a toy store. Then she saw them walk out the entrance to the mall and she knew that they were leaving. She had to follow them. She was lucky they had parked four spots away from where she had parked and she quickly got in her car and started to follow them. They stopped in front of a one-story house that had a front porch. It was white with tan trim. She watched them go inside with their bags and then come back out sitting on the front porch. She quickly wrote down the address to their house and drove away.

The next day she went back to the house, got out of the car and knocked on the door, but there was nobody there. She decided to sit down on one of the chairs that were on the porch to wait for them. Two minutes later their blue little car drove up to the driveway and parked. They got out and they were talking not even seeing her yet. They stepped onto the porch and that’s when she stood up.

“Hello, Jarod.”

TBC.