Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

Remember

Epilogue

By: 24

She came back and found him in the bedroom packing. She didn’t see Miss Parker, or Sydney when she came home. Jarod looked up as Jasmine walked into the room. He wondered how he would tell her why he had to leave. He knew that he couldn’t tell her about the Centre, or that he was a pretender.

He sat his duffel bag on the bed and turned to her. He looked into her eyes. She knew that when he looked at her that he remembered his past and it was because of that he was leaving.

“Sydney helped me remember my past when you left. I know now who I am. I have to leave now. I’m so sorry that I have to go. I had a year. A whole year where I was happy with being with you and having you in my life. I wish that I could have more, but I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“It’s dangerous for you. I can’t say anymore. I’m sorry. I want you to know that I will never forget you and I will treasure our time together.”

He grabbed his duffel bag and walked up to kiss her.

“Will I see you again? Will you write to me?”

“I can’t do either. They may be watching.”

“Who? Miss Parker and Sydney? Why would they be watching me?”

“The people that Miss Parker and Sydney work for. They said that they wouldn’t tell anyone that I know you, but I have to be careful. I can’t let them know about you. If they do they may use you against me and I can’t let that happen. I want you to know that I will always love you.”

She watched him walk to his car and drive off. She loved him and she would miss him. She hoped that he would be safe.

He watched as Jasmine stepped onto the porch to watch him drive away from the house. He would miss her. He hoped that Miss Parker and Sydney would keep their word. She told him that when they left he should leave and she would only do this once. He thanked her even if she was always chasing him to bring him back to the Centre.

The End.