Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Remember

Sydney

By: 24

Sydney got off the plane and made his way to the entrance of the airport. He had called Miss Parker as soon as the plane touched the ground and they were allowed to use cell phones. She would be there to pick him up she said.

He got into the car that she had rented on her mini vacation. She drove out of the airport mess and stopped at a light. She looked at Sydney and then back to the road.

“The other day I had stopped here to go to the mall when I saw someone familiar. It was Jarod and his girlfriend Jasmine. I got into the car and followed them to their house. I talked to him and it seems to me that he had forgot his past. He had gotten into a car accident and lost his memory. I wanted you to see him just so you know that he’s okay and to see if you can help him remember his past.”

“What about Jasmine? She would have to leave the house when we do this. We can’t have anyone knowing about The Centre.”

“That’s true.”

They drove up to the house and got out. They walked up the walkway and rang the doorbell.

“Hello, Miss Parker. Please come in.”

Jarod had just stepped out of the hallway when he heard Jasmine open the door and greet Miss Parker.

“Hello Jarod.” She said as she saw him walk towards them. “This is Sydney. He took care of you when you were younger. I thought maybe he might help you remember your past.

“Jarod, are you okay? How are you feeling?”

“I’m okay. So you used to take care of me? Why was that? Where were my Mom and Dad?” Not knowing he said these words a long time ago when he was only four years old.

“Come on in and sit down.” Jasmine said.

“Do you want anything to drink?”

“No thank you.” Both Miss Parker and Sydney answered.

“Back to your question Jarod. Yes, I did take care of you since you were four years old. You were brought to our school because you are special. You have a high I.Q. and you needed to go to a school that would help you.”

“I hate to be rude Jasmine, but can we please talk to Jarod alone?”

Jasmine wondered what was happening and wasn’t sure if she should leave Jarod alone with these people.

“It’s okay Jasmine. I’ll be okay.”

Jasmine nodded and got up to go. She got into the car and drove away wondering what those two wanted to say to him.

Meanwhile back in the house.

“Why would I need to go to a school that would help?”

“Because you have great potential to help other people with your gifts. We trained you to become a pretender. A pretender is a person with a high I.Q. that can become anyone that you want to be. You can be a Doctor, a lawyer anyone that we wanted you to be. When you were older you left the school. We have been in contact, but you never came back. I think I can help you with your memory Jarod. I can help you remember your past.”

“Have you done this before?”

“A long time ago when Miss Parker’s mother told you something that you had forgotten. I helped you remember it.”

“I knew your Mom?” He asked Miss Parker.

“Yes, you did.”

“Where is she now?”

“She died a long time ago.”

“I’m sorry Miss Parker.”

She nodded not wanting to say anything.

“Do you want me to help you remember?”

“Yes.”

Sydney put Jarod under like he did so many years ago to remember what Mrs. Parker had told the teenage Jarod when he was at Mr. Raines’s cabin. Finally Jarod opened his eyes and stared at the two people in front of him.

“I remember. I remember all of it.”

TBC