Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

 

Time

 

 

Rachel, Neil, Argyle, dog, and Manny piled into the van. They had already packed their things and they left the hotel room making their way to the freeway.

 

“We’ll make it.” Argyle said to dog. “We have to.”

 

They traveled all night trying to make it to the place that was in the e-mail that CJ had mailed them. Rachel wondered who CJ was, how they had known her e-mail and how they knew that they were going after Jarod.

 

They were taking turns driving, so the others could sleep.

 

They arrived to the house when the sun was barely setting. They got out and Rachel grabbed her gun and told the others to remain behind her. Manny also had a gun out. Since he was a police officer and was head of security he was licensed to carry a gun.

 

They made their way to the house and quickly unlocked it.

 

“Freeze everyone.”

 

“Who are you?” Replied a woman who had dark hair and blue eyes.

 

“I’m Rachel, VCTF agent.”

 

“Why are you here?”

 

“We’re here to rescue Jarod.”

 

“And who are you?”

 

“Jarod’s friends.”

 

“Now put your hands in the air. I won’t be afraid to shoot. Manny putt the cuffs on them.”

 

They put them on the couch as Manny covered them. Rachel, Argyle and Neil went to the other room and opened it.

 

Jarod turned his head and stared as Neil, Rachel, Argyle and Dog walked in.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine now.”

 

Neil raced to the stand besides the bed and picked up the key unlocking the cuffs that was holding Jarod to the bed.

 

“Thank you Neil.”

 

“You’re welcome, Jarod.”

 

Jarod walked to the living room with the three.

 

“I’m going to get you, Jarod. Just wait.”

 

“I don’t understand. I give you clues to your past, trying to open your eyes to the evil that, that place is and yet you still hunt me?”

 

“It’s my job. Besides you belong there.”

 

“No, I don’t. Not anymore. Not after what I found out.” He sadly shook her head still wondering why Miss Parker clung so tightly to the lies that they fed her.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

“Sure thing, Jarod.”

 

They all piled into the car and took off.

 

TBC