Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permi

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

Far To Go

 

 

He was lying in his cell on the bed in pain. He had been beaten today for not obeying one of Mr. Raines’s orders. He had often been beaten for not following orders and this was not the first time that it happened.

 

He had a trying day and the simulation did not help with his mood. He didn’t want to do the sim and he had rebelled against it thus the beating. He wondered if he would ever get away from the pain and darkness of this place. Sometimes when he was sleeping he would almost remember an older man who helped with his Sims and a beautiful woman with dark hair and blue eyes. He wondered who they were and why they were in his dreams.

 

 

The next day he was taken to the sim room again and he was in there alone when the vent opened and Angelo hopped down to the room.

 

“Angelo, what are you doing here?”

 

“Come with me.”

 

“What about Mr. Raines?”

 

“Not around for now. Come before it’s to late.”

 

He looked around and then went with Angelo.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“Away.”

 

They finally reached the outside and Angelo first stepped out and then so did Jarod. When he looked around flashlights were turned on which blinded him.

 

“Jarod, it’s okay. You’re going to be free.”

 

“Free?”

 

“Friends. Come on.”

 

“Angelo’s right we need to go now.”

 

Angelo, Jarod and the rest walked to the car and got in. When they were away from the Centre they pulled into a safe house. They walked in the house and turned on the lights. Debbie was safe with Adam at Broots friend at work. He and his wife had two kids and Debbie had often been over their house and she liked them.

 

Jarod walked inside, looked around and then at the people around him. They gasped as the saw his battered frame. He gingerly sat down and when he sat on the couch and his back hit the couch’s back he winced.

 

“Who are you? I’ve seen you before.”

 

“You don’t know who we are?”

 

“No. Should I and why were you were in my dreams?”

 

“I was in your dream?”

 

“Yes, and so was he. You were in charge of my Sims and you were trying to capture me, but I couldn’t make sense of it.”

 

“Are you okay, Jarod?”

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“Let me take a look, Jarod.” Said Sydney concerned with his pretender.