Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: Okay, I own nothing in this story, well, except for Emily (the new one), Skylar, Michel, Kalia, Doug, and Ryan. All other characters are owned by whoever owns the show. Doug and Carol belong to whoever owns ER. The idea is actually Apollo Girl. She wrote Gemini Vengeance, which you all should read, and this is just a blatant rip off. If you've read the story than you know this but this is what you need to know: Miss Parker and Lyle met when they were teenagers. If you want the story of how they've met, than read her story. Now they are working together with Jarod and Kyle to bring down the Centre. I've added another plot, the idea of three other children that were Rainse's expierments. And now, on to my version of the story.
It had been several months since the reunion of the Russell men. No developments had been made in shutting down the Centre. Emily had found nothing new on Margaret and Emily. She was starting to lose hope. The only thing that had progressed was the pregnancy. Now 7 1/2 months along, Emily was quite big. She knew it wouldn't be long before the Centre would find out and try to take them away. Kyle kept insisting that the Centre would never get their children, but she couldn't shake a feeling of impending doom. She just hoped Kyle was right this time. One day though, it all changed. Kyle and Jarod had found something on the Centre. Quickly, they packed a bag and caught a flight to Miami. Supposedly, an annex was down there, and it held all the Centre secrets. About a week after they'd left, Emily got a phone call. Her and Skylar were the only one's home, so she awnsered it. "Hello?"

"Emily?" Jarod's voice asked.

"Yeah. Jarod?"

"Yeah. Listen, I need you to come down here as soon as you can. But don't worry the others. Just come."

"Why?"

Kyle's been hurt," he paused as she gasped. "When we tried to break into the files office, there was a guard, and Kyle was shot. We couldn't go to a hospital, so I patched him up myself. For the first few days he was fine, but then he became fevered and delirious. The wound probably became infected. But he keeps asking for you and his children."

A noise ripped from Emily's chest and tore into Jarod. He couldn't describe it, he just knew that it wasn't a noise that should be coming from Emily.

"Is he going to be okay?" she whimpered.

"I think he will be. But he needs you right now."

"I'll be there in a few hours," She said hanging up the phone.

After explaining to Skylar and everybody else, who had just gotten home, Emily got a bag packed. While she was packing, everyone came in and watched. Finally, the Major asked what everyone was wondering. "Is he going to be okay?"

"How the hell should I know? I'm not a god damn doctor," she snapped at them.

Seeing the looks of shock on their faces, her iron control broke, and she slid into a sitting position on the floor. Pulling her knees up to her chest, she wrapped her arms around them and started to cry. "God, I'm sorry. I'm just so scared. The last time it was just me, but now I'll have the babies. I need him to be with me. I can't do this alone," she said, the last part something between a whimper and a whisper. Skylar immediately kneeled at her side, and pulled her to him. In her ear he whispered, "Shh, he'll be fine, I promise."

"But you don't know that," she accused.

"We can't know Emily, that's just the deal. We have to stumble through life grasping at every bit of happiness we can. But there comes a time when you have to let that happiness go."

"But what if I lose him, he's the happiness I'm grasping."

"Then you'll have to let that happiness, him, go."

"I don't know if I can," she whimpered.

"You'll have to."

"But I love him so much."

"I know you do. I've always known. But to truly love is to love wholly, where you don't just think of yourself, but of him. He will not let go of himself until he knows you'll make it without him."

"Will I?"

"Of course you will. We'll all be here to help you pick up the pieces. So if it comes to it, let him go. As long as you keep him in your heart, he'll be with you."

*******************************************




Feedback at : topcat2@home.com