Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:

This was my first fanfic. If you guys have any idea, throw 'em my way in review.


Disclaimer: The Pretender and all its characters belong to Pretender Productions and TNT. No infringement intended, no profit gained.


"Shoot him" Parker yelled at the sweepers. Jarod angled his body quickly  Parker's body now serving as his shield.

"You shoot me, you're going to hit her" he smiled.

Parker tried not to show any fear as he shoved her into one of the center's cars.

"You follow me and I will kill her," he said as he quickly drove off.

The sweepers stood their ground for a second before Sam called the center.

"Put me through to Mr. Lyle", Sam's raspy voice sounded over the phone.

"What?" "Sir, Ms. Parker has been kidnapped".

"Kidnapped! What do you mean kidnapped? Lyle asked.

" Jarod took her hostage, sir and he got away with her." He answered

"Fine, get back to the center, Jarod should be calling soon with some sort of demand". This should be good. he thought. 


Jarod could feel Parker's eye on him. He kept driving and tried to ignore the blue orbs boring into him unsuccessfully.

"What"? he asked.

"You're asking me what?" she shrieked.

"Well you keep staring at me! He said innocently.

"Ok, so maybe his brain hasn't registered the situation". She mumbled.

"You kidnapped me" she yelled.

"I did,.... because I have some information on your mother"

"And you couldn't tell me this over the phone"? Her voice softened.

"Too risky".

"Well, what is so important that you had to kidnap me" she rubbed her head steadily to ease the oncoming migraine.

" I found it" he said.

"Found what" she sighed.

"I found your mother's plan." He smiled at her shocked face, speechless.

"You did?" "How? Where? When"? Parker asked.

So much for being speechless. "I was going through the Center's mainframe about two weeks ago to find some information about my family  "

Two weeks ago?" "You found it two weeks ago? She was angry.

" I wanted to tell you  but I couldn't. I've been busy. Your phone has been rebugged and there were sweepers outside your house."

"There still are" Parker said "So where is the plan?"

"It's in the center".

" Where in the Center?" Parker asked.

"As I said I found it in the mainframe. It's a virus."

Parker's eyebrows knotted with concentration. " What are you talking about? I thought the plan was supposedly on some sort of disc."

" Your mother infected the main computer with a virus." " Every single bit of information that has ever gone through a computer in the Center is on the main computer. This virus duplicates then downloads all the information.

Parker zoned off for a second listening to the voices.

" That information in the hands of the secret services.

" Could bring down the center permanently.." Jarod finished her sentence.

"You mean that this whole time, her plan was to bring down the center legally?"

" I guess".

" I'd say it could be easy but the center has people, many people in really high places."

"Well we're just going to have to find a way take them down aren't we." Jarod said.

It's going to be long day. Parker thought as they turned into the gas station.


 REVIEW.  REVIEW. REVIEW.  REVIEW.