Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT
and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.
 
 

Virus Alert
Part 2

By DrEvilPretender



The Centre

Blue Cove, Delaware

"No luck in Boston." Miss Parker said to Sydney and Broots.

"Well, did he leave a red notebook?" Broots asked.

 "Yes actually, he did," Miss Parker stepped in front of Broots and put her hands on his desk. "A virtual one!"

"Where is it?" Broots asked.

 "On the Internet." Sydney interrupted.

 Miss Parker stared at him for a few seconds. She said, "Right, it's at rednotebook.com."

Broots typed the url.

"We should probably search the entire website." He said while looking at Miss Parker.

"Well?" 

"Oh, oh yeah." Broots said.

***

Microsoft

 

When Jarod got back to his seat, he touched the mouse on his desk. The screen saver stopped. "Virus!" the computer sounded repeatedly. In the font "OCR A Extended" the screen read, "VIRUS ALERT". Below the letters there was a picture of a scull and crossbones. Jarod had almost no idea how this had happened. The only thing that he was sure of was that whoever had done it was a living person.

Miss Parker's Office

Miss Parker was working on a report when Broots walked in.

"What?" Miss Parker asked.

"Um, I think found something on Jarod's web page." Broots replied.

"What did you find?" Miss Parker asked.

"In microprint all of the letters formed Microsoft."

"Great, now which Microsoft could this be?" Miss Parker asked.

"I don't know, but shouldn't we start with the one closest to us?" Broots asked.

"No, that's what Jarod wants us to do. Were going across country, to the farthest Microsoft from Delaware." Miss Parker replied.

"Where's that?" asked Broots.

"You find out." Miss Parker replied.

***

Microsoft

Jarod got up and walked back to Bill Gates' desk.

"My computer just stopped working." Bill Gates beat Jarod to saying

"I know, everyone has been telling me that. Mine just joined in too." Bill said

"Do you have any idea how it could have happened?" Jarod asked.

"Not a clue." Bill replied.

"We are not going to be doing so well if we cannot do work." He added.

"How could this happen?" Jarod asked himself.



 

TBC