Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Winter Dakrness - part 1 Disclaimer: I don't own pretender or any rights to the show, it is the property of TNT & NBC
 
 

Winter Dakrness
part 1
by DIZZYDAME1211





Standing in the kitchen doorway I pressed the speed dial button on my cell phone, hopefully she was home, I prayed that she was. Hearing the phone ring on the other end, I could feel the adrenaline through my system it made me feel jittery and impatient. Dammit! what was taking her so long to pick up the phone.

"What!"

"Do you always take that long to answer the phone Parker I'm shocked."

"What the hell do you want Jarod? Please don't tell me you want to talk nonsense cause I am not going to listen to any more of your drivel."

"Can't I call to speak to someone who knows me, Parker really I thought by now you would be used to our late night conversations."

Listening to Jarod on the other line I could tell something was wrong, behind the flippant remakes and the attitude I could here something else. "It's 3 a.m. I'm not in the mood for mind games Jarod, get to the point of the call now!"

"Point, the point well the point is I couldn't sleep, so I figured why should I let anyone else get any."

There it was again that hint of something I kept hearing it. Sitting up in bed I listened to Jarod breathing waiting for me to say something.

"Ms. Parker are you still there? Walking to the bedroom in my apartment I hoped she hadn't hung up. I could just see her laying in bed with her 9 mm under her pillow wishing I was in front of her so she could get some target practice.

"I'm still hear, why can't you sleep Jarod?"

Letting out a breath I didn't even know I was holding I tried to come back with a smart retort, but the pain and emptiness of my life came to the surface. For months now I wanted to call and tell her I needed her, I needed her strength, I needed her Ice Queen demeanor to rub off on me and most of all I needed someone to make the nightmares go away. I couldn't though, not then when she lay in that hospital bed close to death after being shot on the tarmac. I couldn't get that day out of my mind, it was one of my many nightmares that didn't let me sleep, but maybe now, three months after that fateful day when I thought I lost her for good, and I was captured by Lyle and Raines. "Do the nightmares ever stop Parker? Sometimes I wonder why any of us are still here, aren't you tired."

"It's my job, it's what I do, I have my retirement planned for the day I drag you back to the Centre, I have a nice quite island picked out, but to answer the question. Yes I'm tired, tired of chasing God knows where, after you and tired of playing these mind games at 3 a.m. and most of all tired of listening to you play the victim. Everyone suffers Jarod, life is suffering that's the Centre life, you know that. Honestly I don't know why you keep fighting it you belong to the Centre."

"You know Parker I expect that from your father or Mr. Raines but never from you! I'm tired as well I'm exhausted in fact, you think I'm playing some pity me game. I have nothing! Do you get that I have no life, but running and trying to fix some of the wrongs in this world. I don't even know my real name, your father and the Triumveret destroyed everything good in my life, and your demented bother almost destroyed me! You keep saying that I'm playing mind games with you, well what about the games your family and the Centre keep playing with me?"

Listening to the anger and the pain in that outburst I knew something was wrong. Thinking back on the two and a half months I laid at St. Catherines cut off from everyone and thing, I knew that Jarod had been caught, Hell Lyle was still walking around like he was king of the town,. I knew very little about that time I was locked away. "I don't know what to say Jarod, but my advice end it all come back, I' ll even do you one better and come pick you up."
 
 
 

Feedback please I am not to sure on my formatting any suggestions and any feed back on my story would be great.