Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

CHAPTER. 1
DISCLAIMER: I don't own the pretender. No infringement is intended… Blah blah .

Provence, France. Ms. Parker’s Cabin. 9:45 pm

Parker stumbled blindly into her house headed for the kitchen. As she put the groceries down she heard a shuffle from the living room.
“ Hello Jarod. It’s been a while. What are you doing here?”
He got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen.
“ You’re good.” he said smiling. Parker gave him a fake smile.
“ I heard you were on vacation so I decided to come and visit.” he said.
“ Of course. So how is life treating ya? Haven't heard a peep out of you lately.” she said.
“ Well you see there are these people. I don’t really know what they want.
But they are hell bent on ruining my life. Apart from that, life’s good.” he said. "Besides I talk to Sydney"
Parker laughed. " I'm going to kill that man."
“ So let me get this straight.” she said as she packed away the groceries. “ I am the person who chases you.” Jarod nodded yes. “ And I am on vacation. Which means free time for you. I mean I’m sure the Center sends others but they’re not as good as I am.” she said with a grin. Jarod laughed.
“ What are you doing here Jarod?” she asked seriously.
He came up to her, a little too close for her liking. She still had a lot of undecided feelings when it came to Jarod.
“ I missed you.” he said tucking a stray hair behind her ear. His hands lingered a bit. Caressing her cheek.
She laughed .
“ Parker this is not a joke. Ever since our time on Carthis. I can’t stop thinking about the “ what might have beens” in my life. I cannot get you out of my mind. I just…”
“ Don’t Jarod. Just don’t.” she said moving away from his touch
“ Come on Parker allow yourself to feel. What are you so afraid off ?”
Thomas asked me the same question. She thought.
“ Jarod. Our lives, the Center….”
“ The Center isn’t here Parker.” he said. Parker backed up a bit.
“ Oh. So is that what you were thinking coming here. The Center is not here so why would she resist. She scoffed. “ What makes you think that I even want you. Huh ?” she gestured wildly as she headed for the front door.
“ Parker, you want this as much as I do. I know you.” he said
“ Did a little simulation? Huh Jarod. Did you pretend to be me?”
“ Parker I didn’t come here to fight with you.” he said then sighed.
“ Well, maybe you shouldn’t have come at all.” she opened the door. “ Get out !” she said.
“ Parker I…”
“Get out Jarod.”
He went to the couch picked up his jacket then left.
Parker slammed the door shut. She picked up the phone then dialed the number for the Center.

SO, DID YOU LIKE IT?