Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All characters within this story belong to NBC and all the creators and writers of The Pretender. All except for the ‘Offspring’ which are from the imaginations of us.



PROJECT OFFSPRING
part I

by Cee Cee & Missy Parker





The intermittent flash of red was annoying. It was grating on my nerves. The light was a symbol. Its theme was easy to read. I had been saying it for the past fifteen years. No one listened. My words fell upon deaf ears. They were caught up in the glory, too busy to worry about the consequences.

She was perfect. The most intelligent human on earth. The genetic make up of the smartest man and smartest woman rolled into one tiny body. Barely breaking the five-foot mark she was the shortest in the group, but as they say the best things come in small packages. Boy, was she one of the best things you could ever find.

The millennium has come and with it has brought the most horrendous plan I have heard in my life. Children have been breed to be put through trial and error and sorted out like weeds in a flower bed. Eight were made and four survived. It sickens me to think that the Centre would stoop this low.

They have taken what does not belong to them to create life and take it away. They looked through the eight original red files and the top four were picked for the breeding project, or commonly called, ‘Project Offspring.’ Jarod, Miss Parker, Lyle, and Angelo were those top four. Since Lyle and Parker were related, Lyle was no longer a possibility. They took Miss Parker’s ova into a lab to be fertilized by Jarod and Angelo’s s perm. Eight children were made by three people without their knowledge. There were four from each man and then the tests began.

At the young age of one, the babies were separated. The children of Miss Parker and Jarod were in Group A. They had two males and two females. Angelo and Miss Parker’s children, Group B, consisted of three males and one female. Two of the males from Group B unfortunately died in infancy from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, or SIDS. The other male, who was severely deformed, was terminated immediately. Group A had less casualties.

One male was terminated, he was blind, deaf, and mute.

These children were the next generation of pretenders, along with the clones. The clones were the blue files and the ‘Offspring’ were the yellow files. As far as anyone knew, there were only two existing blue files, and four yellow files. But, in the Centre you never know for sure.

The children in Group A and the one survivor from Group B were given names that suit their personality and rank in intelligence. The only male was named Bryce, after one of the first pretenders at the Centre. Now, at the age of fourteen, he had a witty remark for any question thrown at him.

Since Raines never liked a smart ass, Bryce would be beaten constantly. He looked exactly like Jarod and J2, except for the fact that he had blue eyes like Miss Parker. He was slightly taller than J2 at five foot eight. He was ranked number two in intelligence. His I.Q. level was equal to Jarod’s.

Amanda was ranked number three in intelligence. She was higher than average children’s I.Q., but lower than a pretender’s. Her name was given to her for her beauty and loving nature. Her hair is flaming red, but not to bright. She has hazel eyes that can turn from the calmest blue to the brightest green. Amanda is quite mature for her age of fourteen. She is quiet, yet stubborn. She is the tallest female at five foot four.

Angelo’s only successful child was Destiny. Her ability to empath was what saved her life. She was severely handicapped since birth. She is like a young Angelo. Her hair is like a brown horse’s mane. Her dark brown eyes are beady. She looks fragile and sickly in her five foot two frame.

Celina is the top yellow file in intelligence. She looks like her mother in her features, but with different colors. Her hair is jet black and her eyes are as green as grass. She is the shortest of the group at five foot. She is not very likable. With her sarcastic manners and weird nature she is hard to talk to.

I, Sydney, had the pleasure of naming all the children in the ‘Offspring’ project. At first they wanted me to be in charge of all four of the children, but Raines had different plans. So, I fought to get all them under my protection, yet I failed. Raines got Celina and Destiny.