Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



The Pretender Paths Revealed
Part 4

by Cathryn





“Broots, what the hell happened!” Miss Parker screamed.

“Umm, ah, well I’m not exactly sure Miss Parker,” Broots barely choked the words out.

“What do you mean you don’t know? My mother’s dying secret, the one thing she wanted me to know is on that DSA and your telling me that after we finally find it, you don’t know what’s wrong!

“Parker, calm down,” Sydney said. “Broots, is there a way you can figure out what is wrong with the disk?”

“Well Syd, I can run some tests on it, but…”

“But what Broots,” Parker asked with an impatient tone.

“I have to take the DSA to the Centre and use the equipment there.”

Miss Parker sighed and said, “Broots, I am in trusting this DSA to you, and only YOU, do you understand me. If anything happens to this or anyone finds out that you have this, I WILL kill you.”

“Yes, I understand Miss Parker,” Broots said nervously.

“Good, now go and hurry back,” Parker told him and practically pushed him out the door.

“Maybe I should go with him,” Sydney said. “You know how he can be when he is confronted by Lyle.”

“Sydney, we have to talk about what my mother said, about you being my….my father,” Parker said with little confidence.

“I know Parker, but right now it’s more important we find out what is on that DSA and f Broots goes alone, you know he will confess to Lyle if he confronts him.”

“All right Sydney, go with Broots, and keep an eye on the situation,” Miss Parker said. “And Syd, be careful,” Parker said in a loving way.

Sydney and Broots left for the Centre, promising that they will find out what happened with the DSA. It was quiet in Miss Parker’s house. She and Jarod were alone together again since that moment outside of Raine’s house. Miss Parker wasn’t sure if she wanted to start a conversation with Jarod. Just as she was about to make up her mind, Jarod made the decision for her.

“Miss Parker, how are you doing,” Jarod asked.

“I’m fine Jarod, just a little frustrated and mixed up at the moment.”

“You’re lucky you know; you found out Sydney is your father, and you found the DSA with your mothers plan on it.”

“Yeah well Jarod, I don’t feel real lucky at the moment,” Parker said.

It was quiet again for a few minuets until Jarod once again started the conversation.

“Do you ever wonder what would have happened to us if we had been raised together outside the Centre?” Jarod said.

“What?” Miss Parker exclaimed.

“You know, if you and I had met and the Centre never existed,” Jarod said with a bit of a nervous tone in his voice.

Miss Parker stopped and thought about what Jarod was asking her. Was he saying what she thought he was? Was Jarod asking her if she thought they would have become romantically involved? Miss Parker had always had an attraction to Jarod ever since the first time she met him from behind the glass. She remember how when ever she discovered Jarod had a girlfriend on the outside, she became jealous of the woman because she could not be with him.

“Miss Parker,” Jarod said bringing her out of her deep thought. “Well,” he said.

“Sometimes, I wonder a lot of things,” she said, “But they are nothing more than pointless day dreams about life without the Centre.”

“They don’t have to be pointless day dreams,” Jarod said unsure of himself.

Miss Parker’s faced had a surprised expression on it. She wasn’t prepared for what he had said.

“Jarod, what are you saying?”

“I’ve always known that there was something more to our lives than I run and you chase,” Jarod said.

Before Miss Parker knew what was happening, Jarod leaned in and kissed her. At first, Parker didn’t kiss back and Jarod thought he had made a mistake. Jarod pulled away and Parker sat there stunned.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that,” Jarod said.

Just then Miss Parker grabbed Jarod and kissed him back. Neither of them could believe that they had finally expressed the way they felt about each other. All of a sudden, Sydney and Broots walked in the front door. Miss Parker and Jarod quickly stopped kissing just before Broots walked into the living room.

“I’ve fixed it Miss Parker,” Broots said. “You can finally find out what was on your mothers DSA.