Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: As Jarod would say, “You know the dance, Parker!” The Pretender belongs to their creators and NBC. I’m just tangoing with them for a bit, don’t worry NBC, Craig and Steven you’ll get them back for your dance!

Author's Note: If you have read the story this far then you should know that words in // and :: are thoughts sent telepathically. // are thoughts sent by Lyle and :: are thoughts sent by Miss Parker.




Gemini Vengeance
part 8

By Apollo's Girl





Parker and Lyle sat in their father’s office listening to the older man rant and rave.

“I want to find out why all of the other offices are shutting down. I want that answer now!”

“I’ll have Broots get working on that.” Parker replied to her father. “Daddy I really think you need to calm down a bit, you might have a heart attack or something.”

“Angel, I’m fit as a horse.”

“I’ll say.” Brigitte purred cuddling up to her husband.

Parker gave a disgusted snort and turned her head so she didn’t have to witness the display. Lyle cleared his throat.

“If you ask me Jarod is probably the one behind it.” Brigitte replied.

“I doubt it.” Lyle said.

“Why?”

“Not his style and he doesn’t have the access to all the computers. Even he couldn’t figure out all the booby-traps. I mean if he did know how to do it, why not hit here first?”

“Good point Son.” Mr. Parker replied. “Get to work you two. I want Jarod back and the reason for all the shutdowns.” Parker and Lyle nodded. Parker gave her father a kiss on the cheek before leaving, following her brother out.

//Well we got them off of Jarod’s trail.//

::For now.::

//I know but it buys us some time to get the boy out.//

::Sydney sent me the layouts of the compound and Kyle has already formulated a plan of escape.::

The two stepped onto the elevator to go to their offices. They gave their customary disgusted looks at each other and went their separate ways.

//Meet tonight at your house?//

::I’ll have Broots meet us there and I’ll let Jarod know too.::

//This will finally be over soon.//

::Soon is not soon enough.::

~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Later that night at Parker’s House


Sydney was talking to Kyle and Lyle over the visual comm link that Jarod had set-up. The three were going over the plans on how to get J2 out while Jarod, Parker and Broots worked out the details about the Centre.

“How are the suboffices coming?” Sydney asked over the comm link.

“All are shut down except for five, but if things go right they will be down tomorrow.” Broots replied.

“Then we should get the boy out tomorrow.” Sydney said.

“When did you say the security shift changes?” Kyle asked.

“At 10 in the morning, 6 in the evening and at 2 in the morning. Eight hour shifts, two guards at each post.”

“And there are 5 posts correct?”

Sydney nodded. “Two of the posts are in the back of the compound and the other three are set up in front of his room.”

“So the main ones to worry about are the six goons up front.” Lyle said thoughtfully.

“No we don’t need to worry about them, Sydney your office is near the boy right?” Kyle asked.

“Yes, I only have to bypass the two right by the door.”

“Do you need me to come along?” Jarod asked, overhearing the conversation.

“I think with more people, that it may be harder to get out. It’s only one boy.” Kyle replied.

“One boy with ten guards, 15 security cameras and not to mention the other twenty guards for the other parts of the building.”

“The security cameras I can get to and rig.” Sydney replied.

“Since when did you learn how to rig cameras?” Lyle asked in surprise. “I mean bombs is one thing… but cameras…”

“I didn’t hang around Broots this long and not learn anything!” Sydney said with a smile. The others laughed.

Glad I could help.” Broots said merrily.

“So we have the cameras rigged. Then what?” Parker asked.

“Then I go in and distract the six guards while Kyle takes out the others.” Lyle replied.

“Actually Lyle I was thinking that it would be better that you are not involved.”

“Why?”

“In the off chance that we get caught, the only person who has to answer for it is Sydney. And he was going to go into hiding after this anyway. We need you at the Centre.”

Lyle thought about it. “I guess I see your point.”

“So what is the plan?”

“Syd rig the cameras at 1:30. By that time the guards should be more tired and that would give us thirty minutes before the other guards show up. I’ll sneak in, take out the guys in the back, and Syd will get the boy. We’ll sneak out the back. Parker want to drive?” Kyle asked as he looked over his shoulder at her.

“As long as you don’t mind having a bat out of hell driving.” Parker smirked.

“Wouldn’t have it any other way!”

“Oh dear.” Lyle, Jarod, Broots and Sydney sighed.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Parker and Broots were in her office when her father burst in, his face completely red.

“Daddy-“

“I want the reason for the shutdowns Angel. All of the suboffices are now down.”

“I’ll get right on it.” Parker replied as her father walked out of the office.

Broots and Parker smiled at each other.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Parker drove the car up to the side of the compound where Kyle exited in a sweepers suit.

“Good luck!” She said to him as he gave a grin and disappeared. She looked at the clock on the dashboard.

1:00 AM

Sydney walked out of his office nodding to the two sweepers and made his way into the observation room. In it there were the monitors and controls for the security cameras. One of the sweepers was inside watching the boy sleep.

“Another late night sir?”

“Hmm, yes, couldn’t sleep. How’s the boy?”

“Sleeping.”

“Need a break Todd?” Sydney asked politely as he nodded at the sweeper.

“Do you mind?”

“No, go. I’ll watch the boy.” Todd gave him a grateful smile and went to the bathroom attached to the office. No one was to leave the boy unwatched for a second. He was such a valuable commodity to the Centre that if anyone was caught out of the room or in the bathroom without anyone in there, they would be facing a punishment from Raines.

Sydney sat down at the console did a little typing, hit the record button. He was going to loop all 15 cameras. He watched the time.

1:15 AM

“Fifteen more minutes.” He muttered to himself. He was taking a gamble on how long Todd would be in there. But he knew most sweepers on watch here spent a good 10 to fifteen minutes in there. He stopped the recording and inserted the loop program into the computer.

1:27 AM

He hit the enter button and the tape screen stopped for a moment and it began to show his recorded footage. He heard Todd flush the toilet and quickly made sure nothing would give him away.

“Sleeping like a little angel isn’t he sir?” Todd commented.

“Yes. Well guess there isn’t much for me to see. Goodnight.” Sydney said as he walked out of the room. He glanced at his watch.

1:30 AM

Kyle hit the two guards as he came around the corridor. Neither of them saw him coming. He quietly went out to the other two.

“Hey~ who are you?” One of the sweepers asked as he came in.

“New guy, filling in for the 2 o’clock shift.”

“That’s half hour away.”

“Wanted to be earlier, it being my first time and all. Hoping for you to show me some of the ropes.”

“Well, sure- nothing really, watch for intruders, , stay awake, and that’s about it.”

“Thanks.” Kyle replied. “I do have a little something to show my appreciation.”

“Huh?” The two asked as Kyle brought them towards him.

“This.” He smashed their heads into each other and the two fell unconscious to the floor.

He looked at the time.

1:31 AM

Sydney walked into the boy’s room and quietly woke him up.

“What?”

“Shh! Listen to me, I need you to pretend to have had a nightmare and that you don’t want to go back to bed and that you would rather go with me back to my office.”

“Buy why? Sydney what’s going on?” J2 asked him.

“I need you to pretend because I am getting you out of here.”

“Wha-“

“Look this place isn’t good for you, they will destroy you if you stay. Please just follow me.”

“Umm… okay…” The clone looked up at his mentor and knew that he had to trust him.

“Ready?”

“Uh sure…”

It was quiet for a few moments, then…

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

“What’s wrong?” Sydney said as he got into the pretend himself. The sweepers outside of the room came in.

“Sir?”

“Sydney, please I don’t!”

“Calm down.”

“I can’t… it was so scary I thought I was going to die and then there was the-the-” J2 began to cry and whimper. He held onto Sydney. “Please I don’t want to stay in here, it’s too, I can’t. Sydney please take me somewhere else.”

“If it’ll help you calm down, alright.” He looked at the sweepers and they helped him and the boy out the door. They made their way down to his office. The sweeper was going to follow him inside.

“No it’s better that you stay out here. He needs to be calmed down and I don’t think you’ll help.”

The sweeper nodded and positioned himself outside the door with the other three.

1:46 AM

Kyle opened up the vent into Sydney’s office.

“Come on.” Kyle replied as he motioned them into the vent.

“The back cleared?”

“For now. I think they learned not to have the vent lead all the way to the outside after Jarod’s escape.”

“Making it more difficult for us.”

They got of the vent into one of the sweepers post. The two sweepers were still lying in the heap Kyle had left them. He walked out and made sure that no one was around and motioned for the other two to follow.

Kyle and Sydney held onto their guns, hurriedly but quietly making their way out. They were almost at the outside entrance when they heard voices.

“Damn it the new shift.” Kyle hissed.

1:52 AM


Parker was getting worried now. It was taking too long. She had seen the new shift enter the building and she wasn’t sure where Sydney and the others were. She heard a beeping from a remote that she had left in the passenger seat. It was a signal from Kyle. She only hoped they had set it correctly. She hit the remote control button. In a few minutes on the other side of the compound a fireworks show began. She prayed it was enough of a distraction.

1:54 AM


Todd rushed out of his office and ran to the other two sweepers.

“He’s gone!”

“Of course, Sydney took him into his office.” One of them replied.

“What? No that can’t- The tape was looped!”

“But- Shoot!”

They heard a bang and then a large whistling sound.

“What was that?”

1:54 AM

“What the hell?” The incoming sweepers yelled as they rushed out to see what was going on. Sydney and the boy ran out followed by Kyle, who went behind them. They slipped out and ran and hid themselves as more sweepers went out to see what was going on. When they passed, the three ran in the direction of Parker’s car.

Suddenly a siren rang out from the compound.

The guys looked at each other and ran faster as they heard shouts coming from the building.

Parker saw them coming and started the engine. They climbed through the hole in the fence and jumped into the car. Kyle was barely in when she started to pull away. Her foot slammed on the pedal and they sped off.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Lyle sat in Sam’s living room with Jarod and Broots. The three of them watching the clock tick slowly by.

“It’s three o’clock. They should be here by now!” Jarod grumbled. “Anything Lyle?”

“No not yet.”

“Can’t you telepath to her or something?” Broots asked.

“She’s to far away for me too, unless something really bad happens. I usually can feel if she’s hurt, so I guess it’s a good thing that I haven’t felt anything.” Lyle replied.

“Your sister can take care of herself Bobby.” Sam said as he and his wife Danielle entered the room.

“Honestly I wished the two of you had left that place a long time ago!” Danielle replied.

“You as know as well as I do that we co-“ Lyle broke off as he heard his sister.

::Bobby we’re safe and I’ll be there in five minutes!::

//You waited this long to tell me you’re alright? I would appreciate it if you would tell me this an hour ago! I know we can communicate that far out of range!”//

::Well its kind of hard to speed and telepath and make sure the others are alright at the same time!::

//You better get here quick cause you have a big bear hug coming soon!//

“She’s safe?” Jarod asked as the other three looked at Lyle intensely.

“They all are. They should be here now.” Just as he said now, they heard a car drive into the driveway.

Danielle rushed to the door and opened it for Parker, Sydney, Kyle and the boy. The four walked into the outstretched arms of the waiting people. Lyle was the first one to reach Parker who he quickly enveloped into a huge bear hug. Parker smiled and rested her head on her brother’s shoulder.

“Never worry me like that again!” Lyle whispered to her.

“I won’t I promise.”

“So your plan worked little brother?” Jarod asked as he went over to Kyle.

Kyle grinned. “Like a charm.”

“Syd you alright?”

“Fine, just fine. Are you alright?” He asked the young clone. J2 nodded at Sydney and looked around at the other people, who smiled brightly up at him.

“I hope you don’t mind staying here. It’s not that big, but I hope it’s comfortable enough.” Danielle said to the boy. He smiled shyly at her. “Now you- Oh, wait I didn’t introduce myself did I? Well I’m Danielle. This is my husband Jimmy.”

“I thought you were Sam.” The clone asked remembering he had met the sweeper before.

“Well you can also call me Sam. I kind of have two different identities.” Sam replied with a big smile.

“You remember me right?” Lyle asked the boy.

“Yeah, you were with Mr. Raintes.” Lyle nodded.
“But you don’t have to worry, I’m here to help like my sister.” Parker smiled down at the boy, which he returned.

“I’m Broots.” Broots said as he stretched out his hand. The boy took it and shook it.

“And this is Jarod.” Sydney said introducing the clone.

“I’m his clone right?”

“Yes, but how about we just say you’re my little twin brother?” Jarod asked.

“That would be nice.” The clone replied.

“Hmm. Never thought of this, two Jarod’s for a brother.” Kyle said thoughtfully. “Hmm, but we can’t call you Jarod. What do you want to be called?”

“Umm… I don’t know…”

“How about Ryan?” Parker asked.

“Ryan. Yeah I like it.” J2 replied. He smiled became even brighter when he looked at Parker.

“Yep another Jarod. Fallen for the Parker smile.” Kyle commented, which made the other’s laugh.

“Come on, you must be tired. Why don’t I show you where your room is.” Danielle said taking the boy’s hand.

“Ummm… okay.” Ryan looked at Sydney, with a silent question if the older man could come with him.

“Why don’t I come up and make sure everything is okay.” Sydney said as he followed the two up the stairs.

“I’m glad everyone is safe.” Broots said as the rest of them headed into the living room.

“Now that part B is done lets get down to the real business.” Kyle said.

“Bringing down the Centre.” Lyle replied.