Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: As Jarod would say, "You know the dance, Parker!" The Pretender belongs to their creators and NBC. I'm just tangoing with them for a bit, don't worry NBC, Craig and Steven you'll get them back for your dance! The X-Files and all characters from that show belong to Chris Carter and 1013 and whoever else they are suppose to belong to.

Author's Note: If you have read the story this far then you should know that words in // and :: are thoughts sent telepathically. // are thoughts sent by Lyle and :: are thoughts sent by Miss Parker. I was inspired to write this next part by the episode "Murder 101" that was on Saturday, January 9, 1999. I hope you all like it.

Spoilers: I figured I should start putting these things on. Don't read this if you haven't seen Murder 101, Assassins, or Mr. Lee.




Gemini Vengeance
part 5

By Apollo's Girl





Miss Parker's Office
The Centre
Blue Cove, Delaware
January 9, 1999


Parker just hung up the phone after talking to Jarod. She put her head in her hands in disbelief. Her father was marrying Brigitte, could the world get any worse?

"Has our father gone off the deep end or what?" Lyle asked as came into her office.

"Why her?" Parker asked as she walked over to her brother.

"How the heck should I know?" He asked as he gave her a hug.

"You worked with her!" Parker pointed out. "And where were you? I wish you were there when I found them."

"Ugh, Sis! Please don't send that image of them in the hut tub again!"

Lyle said shaking his head in disgust at the mental image his sister was sending him.

"I don't think I should be the only one who has to see it! You should have been there with me! What kind of brother are you to make your sister go through something like that alone?" She demanded.

"Vanessa, I would have been there if I could, even though I really didn't want to. Anyway I was at Kyle's. We were getting some more info and equipment."

"Oh. How is he?" Parker asked, she hadn't seen Kyle since Lyle had come back to work at the Centre in October.

"He's fine, there's nothing really new. He's still monitoring some of the other Centre sub-offices and has been infiltrating them every now and then for more information." Lyle informed. "And I didn't see Jarod."

"I didn't ask."

"I know, but you were thinking about it. I personally don't want to see him right now. Not after what happened with Nicholas." Lyle said as he remembered Jarod's threat.

"He was just playing with you, although I have to say finding you lying on the floor was hilarious." Parker replied with a sly grin. Lyle rolled his eyes in exasperation.

"Whose side are you on?" He asked.

"You know he's laughing at us." Parker said, ignoring her brother's question as she poured both of them a drink.

"I'm not surprised. If this wasn't happening to us I would be too." Lyle replied taking his drink.

"To our messed up family." Parker toasted. They both took a huge gulp of their drink and looked at each other wearily. "Have you seen them yet?"

"No, actually I was coming to tell you that Dad was looking for us." Lyle replied as he put his glass back onto the bar.

"Well I guess we should go." Parker said, not wanting to go at all.

"Come on. It can't be that bad." Lyle said trying to comfort his sister. She just threw him a disgusted look. "Come on." He replied as he pulled her out of the office.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Mr. Parker's Office
The Centre
Blue Cove, Delaware
January 9, 1999


"Son!" Mr. Parker greeted as Mr. Lyle and Miss Parker came in through the doors.

"Angel!"

"Dad." "Daddy." The two greeted in reply. Mr. Parker looked slightly disappointed when Miss Parker didn't give him her customary kiss on the cheek.

"How was your vacation son?" Mr. Parker asked, looking at his son.

"It was alright. Nothing that interesting happened."

"Hmph." Mr. Parker responded quietly. Then looking over at Miss Parker he cleared his throat. "I don't know if your sister has informed you or not, but I'm engaged."

"To who?" Lyle asked with wide eyes.

"Me, luv!" Brigitte said coming out of Mr. Parker's private washroom.

"Brigitte!" Lyle replied trying to sound happily surprised.

::Fine then make me look like the bad one!::

//Play along! At least this way one of us will still be in good with them. And obviously I'm the one who's most likely to be happy about this!//

::I still hate this!::

//Well think of it this way, at least you have an excuse to skip the wedding! I would have to go, but you could stay home and sulk. Dad would be more understanding about it, I think.//

::I hope she doesn't wear leather.::

//Amen to that!//

The two looked at each other and both had to stifle the urge to start laughing. They both turned around to listen to Mr. Parker.

"Kids, I think it would be a good idea for us all to go out to dinner together tonight, after all we are now one big happy family!"

::With a woman who is younger than us as a step-mother. That slut!::

//Sis! Be nice!//

::I didn't say it out loud!::

//Still, don't say that stuff while the others are here, I can't be blamed if I start laughing.//

::They really made a mistake when they thought that neither of us could pretend!::

"Dad, I think that would be a wonderful idea!" Lyle replied, having a real hard time keeping a straight face. Especially since his sister was sending him mental images of ways to kill Brigitte.

"Angel?" Mr. Parker asked.

"I still don't agree with this." Her voice saying that she would go.

"Now, luv. Just give your new mommy a chance!" Brigitte said, smirking.

::Die, Die, Die!!!::

"When hell freezes over!" Miss Parker hissed as she walked out the door.

"That went well!" Mr. Lyle replied as he followed his sister.

"I'm glad you are taking this better than she is." Mr. Parker replied.

"Well, its your life not mine!"

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Miss Parker's House
Blue Cove, Delaware
January 9, 1999


"Vanessa?" Lyle called out as he entered her house through the back door.

"In the kitchen!" She responded. He went in and found her pulling out a bottle of bourbon and some milk.

"Ulcer?" He asked, concerned. She nodded in reply. "You should see a doctor about it!"

"I am!" She replied.

"Interesting dinner tonight." Lyle replied a bit sarcastically.

"Which part? Brigitte fawning and pawing Daddy all night, the way she kept calling us luv, or that horrendous outfit she was wearing?"

"I was thinking more along the lines of how you stormed out of there."

"I couldn't take it anymore!"

"This is going to put a damper on some of our plans!" Lyle replied following his sister out of the kitchen.

"I know." She replied, sitting down on her couch, Lyle sitting besides her. "Did you tell Kyle about it?"

"Yeah. He knows. He couldn't stop laughing!" Lyle replied remembering when he first found out. He and Kyle were working on the computer when his sister sent that image of their father and Brigitte in the hot tub. He got such a horrified look on his face that Kyle noticed and asked him what was wrong. He told him and Kyle practically fell off of his seat laughing. "You know those brothers are a lot alike."

"I know, it's annoying at times!" Miss Parker replied.

"We are going to need to come up with a plan around Brigitte."

"I think that we should talk to Jarod and Kyle about it too. We really need to see how far we are and then we can work something out."

"You want to call them?" Lyle asked, trying to find any excuse not to call Jarod. He was still a bit resentful that Jarod made him look like a fool.

"I'll call them." Miss Parker giggled, sensing her brother's apprehension and the reason for it.

"No need, we are here." The two siblings looked up to see Jarod and

Kyle coming towards them.

"Hey!" Miss Parker said as she got up to greet them.

"What's up?" Kyle asked as he gave Miss Parker a hug.

"Like you don't know!" Miss Parker replied.

"How are you doing, Bobby?" Jarod asked as he sat down next to Lyle. Lyle looked at him wearily.

"I'm fine, now that you are not sticking a gun in my face!" Lyle replied with a joking tone underlying his serious one.

"Forgive and forget?" Jarod offered.

"Like you have?" Lyle asked.

"Well you did try killing me twice!"

"Oh, no they are at it again!" Miss Parker said rolling her eyes in exasperation. Kyle looked just as exasperated as Miss Parker.

Jarod and Lyle looked at their siblings and broke out in big grins.

"Works every time!" The two said as they slapped high fives. Which earned them two pillow swaps in the face from Miss Parker and Kyle. The two looked stunned, causing Miss Parker and Kyle to grin.

"Maybe before this gets out of hand like last time," Jarod said. "We should start figuring out what to do."

"I agree." Miss Parker replied, sitting down in between her brother and Jarod. Jarod automatically put his arm around her. Kyle and Lyle looked at each other hiding their grins.

"So how far along are we?" Lyle asked, getting serious.

"We have most of the information we need for the FBI and I have been able to weaken some of their security systems." Kyle replied. "I also made contact with some people to help insure that if anything were to happen to any of us the information about the Centre would still get out."

"That's good. The only thing now is that we will have to deal with Brigitte's influence over Mr. Parker." Jarod replied.

"That shouldn't be too hard." Lyle replied. "I can take care of that. I did sleep with her before."

"You what?!" Miss Parker asked, shock going over her face.

"Call it a moment of insanity." Lyle defended. "Hey at least I can talk her into helping us out. Unknowingly that is."

Jarod grinned. "You can take care of that, Bobby. Kyle I think its time to start shutting down those sub-offices. We'll do it one at a time and periodically. Wouldn't want the Centre to figure out what we are doing."

"I'll make sure that the investigation will find no trace of either of you." Parker replied.

"Other than that, the plan is still the same?"

The other three men nodded. "We start leaking the information to the FBI, we get Broots, Angelo and Sydney out and we slowly shut the Centre down."

"Then we reopen it to its' intended purpose." Lyle said after Kyle finished talking.

"So who are we going to leak the stuff too?" Parker asked. "How do we know we can trust these people at the FBI? After all, they are one of the Centre's biggest customers."

"It's only the people who are behind the scenes who know about us." Jarod replied. "There are only two people I trust there that would use the information that we leak to them for good. Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully at the FBI."

"Weren't they the ones who use to work on the X-Files?" Lyle asked.

"The what?" Parker replied.

"The X-Files are cases involving UFO's, alien abductions, demon babies, umm, cancer-eating people, umm, any thing out of the norm. You name it they investigated it. Most of it is government conspiracy stuff." Kyle explained.

"Are you sure they can be trusted?" Parker asked.

"Positive." Jarod replied, confidently.

"Alright, let the action and fun begin!" Kyle exclaimed as he and Lyle slapped high-fives.

"I just can't wait till we see their faces." Lyle grinned evilly.

"I think we should tie Raines into that chair, the one he had me tied down to, when the FBI comes to get them." Kyle replied.

"And Brigitte from the ceiling." Parker added.

"In a short skirt." Lyle replied slyly.

"That wouldn't be a bad sight." Jarod and Kyle agreed.

"Men!" Parker replied in disgust as she took the pillow beside her and slapped all three guys in the face. The guys looked at each other and began to stretch out their hands.

"I think it's time to teach Parker a lesson about throwing pillows."

Lyle said taking a pillow into his hands, the other two men following suit.

"Oh, no!" Parker exclaimed as she tried to get out of there but Jarod held her back by the waist as the other two guys gave her a couple of pillow swaps. "You'll all pay!" She squealed as she fought back.

"Oh, yeah! Hey you hit me! You're suppose to hit her."

"Hey, owww, that was an accident."

"Watch it!"

"Ha, ha got you!"

"Oww!"

"Whoops!"

"Score one for me!"

"Oh yeah!"

"Ohpmh!"

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Jarod laid on Parker's couch, a hand holding his head.

"You okay?" Parker asked as she came in from the kitchen holding an ice pack. Jarod nodded woundedly. "Remind me again how we always get into pillow fights?"

"You are the one who usually starts them." Jarod replied as he took the ice pack from her hand. She sat down besides him.

"Do not!"

"You did tonight and last time."

"Well, okay I'll admit it usually is my fault." Parker relented. "But you can't blame a girl for using the only weapon she has against three other men that are twice her size."

"No, I can't. Our poor little brothers." Jarod said as he thought about the bruises the other two had.

"They deserved it." Miss Parker replied. Lyle and Kyle had gone back to Lyle's place an hour ago. "Did you see the grins they were trying to hide?"

"How could I miss it? Those two can never stop grinning when we are in the same room."

"Why is that?" Parker asked innocently.

"You don't know?" Jarod asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No. I don't think so." She replied as she moved the ice pack on his head.

"I just might have to show you why." Jarod replied slyly.

"Really? I think you might." Parker said as Jarod brought her down for a kiss. "Is that why?" She asked breathlessly as his lips parted from hers.

"There's more." Jarod said huskily as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her more deeply. "A lot more!"

"Oh."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"I told you it wouldn't take them that long." Kyle replied watching his brother and Miss Parker kiss.

"Come on lets go, I feel like a voyeur if we stay any longer." Lyle said as he walked back to the car.

"Okay, but I still win the bet."

"Yeah, yeah I know." Lyle relented as he handed Kyle ten bucks.

"You'll never learn will ya?"

"Could you please stop rubbing it in? So I was a half-hour off, give a guy a break!"

"Fine, fine. So you slept with Brigitte?"

"Yeah I did."

"That girl gets around."

"What do you mean?"

"I slept with her too."

"When?"

"A year ago, she thought I was some guy that she just picked up at the bar. Too bad she didn't find out until after I left that I was Jarod's brother." Kyle grinned as the car sped down to Lyle's house.

"She's such a dimwit at times." Lyle replied.

"You bet! Did you guys use handcuffs?"

"Nope, rope. Couldn't find the cuffs."

"So who are you seeing now?"

"No one at the moment. You?"

"No one either."

"We need a life."

"I know, it's not fair that our siblings get one and we don't."

"Want to go to a bar and pick up girls?"

"Use the old, I'm hurt and need someone to make me feel better routine?"

"Sure."

"Okay."

"Lets go."

"So how did we get hurt?"

"We beat up some guy who was trying to hurt my sister?"

"Okay. Works for me."

"We need a life."

"I know."