Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer in Part 1



The Truth Hurts
Part 7

by Lizzy aka chopsticks





Miss Parker had finally fallen into a restless sleep after finding out that her last memory was four months old. After the initial shock had passed, she lashed out. She tore up the pillows and tore at the bed. She knocked over the bedside lamp and even the table. All the while, Jarod just watched.

He was keeping his concern for her buried, until now. Now he let the silent tears fall. He let out all the pain that came with knowing that every intimate experience, every perfect moment, every happy sigh, every smile, was gone from his best friend and lover's memory. He felt the salty tears run down his cheeks to his mouth, but did nothing to stop them or dry them. He just let them fall.

***

"Are you sure this was a good idea?" Mr. Parker asked Margaret over the phone.

"Yes, it had to be done. There was no way around it, they would have destroyed the Centre instead of leading it."

"You've wiped their memories five times so far! They won't be able to handle anymore without permanent damage!" he screamed into the phone as he slammed it back into it's holder.

"Dammit," he muttered to himself as he turned to look at the view out of his window.

***

"Where has Miss Parker been?" Sydney came up and asked Broots at his little work station.

"I.. I don't know. She was supposed to be back by now!" Broots stammered out while watching her malevolent twin come into the room.

Sydney whipped around at the sound of the door closing, half-expecting Miss Parker to come waltzing through the door barking out orders. He was definitely not prepared for what he saw come in. There was Lyle, in pink suit with a dog. A poodle, to be more exact, that had fluffy pink hair and pink bows in the tuft of fur by it's ears.

"What the...?" asked Sydney in confusion after seeing this odd image.

"It's my new dog Sydney! Isn't she just the cutest?" Lyle asked as he picked her up and started to play with her.

"Uh-huh," Syd said distractedly, wondering how the hell Lyle could be so nice.

Lyle finally finished playing with his new pooch and looked up to see the bewildered faces of both Sydney and Broots.

"What? I can't have a dog?" Lyle asked with one of his death glares directed at Broots, who looked like he was wishing the floor would open up and swallow him whole.

"Ummm... S-sure you can!" Broots said with uneasiness in his voice. He could swear all the Parkers loved to scare and patronize him.

Giving Broots one last glare, he turned to Sydney and said nonchalantly, "I think I have an idea where dear sis may be."

***

Miss Parker was slowly waking up again, hoping it all was just a dream. That she was home in bed nice and safe. She opened her eyes and looked around.

"Definitely not a dream!" she thought to herself. She tried to move but was in too much pain. She looked over at the chair that Jarod had been in earlier, and noticed it was vacated. She simply shrugged and pressed the button for a nurse.

***

Margaret stared out the window into the twilight. She had been pondering her and Mr. Parker's conversation for a while now, wondering if maybe she had wiped their memories too many times. She had come to a conclusion. She hadn't. She would have to keep doing it until she got it right, though the time would have to be soon. She was already forming a plan as she stared at the setting sun.