Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

DISCLAIMER in part 2
AUTHOR'S NOTE: I was going through some MAJOR Pretender widrawals so I decided to work on this story—maybe, somehow, somebody's day will be happier and brighter because of it! Warning: If you're a non-"shipper", read at your own risk. If you are story/plot conscious, read at your own risk. This story doesn't really have story—just full of stuff involving our beloved Pretender characters. Like I've stated before, there might be some inconsistencies, but hey, I just needed something, anything, to get me through till the next episode airs. Hope some of you enjoy this.



"PARADISE---ALMOST"
part 3
by Rachel




Miss Parker walked as fast as she could, ignoring her hurting bare feet, talking to herself. "I will not fall apart. I will not fall apart. I will NOT let him get to me. But, damn! That kiss was good! I am in control. I am in control. Damn! "

Broots stood up when he saw Miss Parker coming. "Miss Parker, are you alright?"

"Just dandy."

Then Linda got up and blocked Miss Parker's way. "What did you do to Jarod?" She asked demandingly, her eyes narrowed.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Miss Parker said mischievously.

Miss Parker studied Linda up and down and wondered if this woman was for real. Calling her a slut would be too kind. All of a sudden Miss Parker had the urge to puke, and she made a face at Linda that indicates how she was feeling. Miss Parker turned to the side to try and get past her, but Linda blocked her way again.

"You're just jealous." Linda sneered.

Miss Parker let out a hearty laugh. "Jealous of what?!"

"You're jealous of my body and the fact that Jarod is attracted to me."

Miss Parker laughed again and pushed Linda out of her way with so much force, Linda stumbled backwards and fell on her rear.

Before Linda could react, they saw Jarod walking out of the woods. He looked at the fire and then at Broots and Tom approvingly. "Nice fire, gentlemen."

"Jarod!" Linda said excitedly, getting up quickly and she hurriedly ran to Jarod, her arms wildly waving in the air. Miss Parker mimicked her mockingly behind her back and sat down between Sydney and Sarah.

Linda took Jarod by the arm and joyfully showed him the sticks they rigged up to dry the clothes on. Jarod put his socks near the fire but kept his soaked shirt away from it on some rocks. The men, except for Sydney and Mr. Maddux, had their shirts off and had them drying near the fire. The women, except for Linda, decided to keep their shirts on and just stand close to the warmth. Linda just wore her bra and had ripped her pants to a very short pair of shorts.

Jarod walked over to sit across from Miss Parker and looked at her apologetically. Miss Parker dared not to look at him in fear of losing all control. Jarod was relieved to see that she wasn't angry anymore. In fact, he saw a hint of playfulness in her eyes. As expected, Linda sat next to him closely, which received some disapproving looks from Sarah and Miss Parker. The group sat in silence around the fire for a little while, sadness and distress filling the air as the night approached. Then the silence was broken by Jennie, the 5-year old girl. "When are we going home, Daddy?"

"I don't know, sweetheart."

Everyone looked over at them with sympathy. No one noticed how fidgety the captain has become.

"Hey, has anyone seen Drake and Stan?" Broots questioned.

Everyone shook their heads. Jarod became angry at the thought of letting those men go.

Finally, not being able to keep quiet anymore, the Captain made an important confession.

"Those two men won't be back."

"How do you know that?"

All eyes turned to the Captain and anxiously waited for an explanation.

"It was a plan even before the storm hit. They forced me to veer off course and land on this island. I don't know what they had planned here. They must have a way of getting off this island. Maybe they had some business dealings here, or something. I don't know. I didn't ask many questions. You people were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. They would have killed us all, but they figured no one knows anything and we'd probably die here anyway, so they left us. But I sent out a distress call before they destroyed the radio without them knowing it. Help should be on the way soon. If they find out that I got rescued and told about them, I'm a dead man."

"Don't worry, Captain, your secret is safe with us." Sydney reassured the man.

Then Sydney and Miss Parker noticed the look on Jarod's face. He had that determined look that said those two men will be getting their just rewards.

"So are you saying that we're going to be rescued soon?" Tom said hopefully.

"Yes."

"That's wonderful!"

"Oh that's terrific! I'm so happy!" Linda exclaimed and catching Jarod by surprise, she grabbed his neck for a hug, causing both of them to fall back on the sand.

Miss Parker looked over to them and got up quickly. She stood in front of Linda and Jarod and pointed her gun at their head. "Don't move," she said dangerously low.

"Parker! What the hell are you doing?" Jarod said wide-eyed with scorn.

She fired the gun and sand exploded on Linda and Jarod's head. Linda screamed hysterically and everyone else gasped.

"I'm just returning a favor." Miss Parker remarked calmly. Then she picked up a stick and scooped up a snake from above their heads, it's head blown off, and "accidentally" dropped it on Linda's lap. Linda shrieked again and frantically brushed it off of her.

"I believe that one's poisonous." Miss Parker said with a raised eyebrow and a smirk on her lips.

"Did, did you see that?! She tried to kill me!" Linda said hysterically.

"I think she just saved your life." Sarah pointed out.

"No! She pointed a gun at my head and tried to kill me! That witch tried to kill me! She probably planted that snake there! She just wanted to look good to impress Jarod!"

"Bimbo, I already look good. And if I wanted to kill you, you'd be breathing sand." Miss Parker walked away from them and away from the fire. "I need some space." She walked into the darkness and sat behind a big log that has been washed ashore, concealed from everyone's view. She breathed in the cool air and stared at the images that were only illuminated by the moonlight.

Jarod summoned Broots to calm Linda down. Then he picked up his wet shirt, his dry socks, a flashlight from the survival kit, and the first-aid kit and walked to where Miss Parker sat.

He stood behind the log trying to figure out how to approach her.

Knowing he was there, Miss Parker took another deep breath and leaned her head on the log. "What do you want, Jarod?"

"I need to check your feet. You look like you're in pain."

She stretched out her legs and he took that as a sign it was okay for him to.

BACK AT THE FIRESIDE

Linda brushed the sand off of her hair and dismissed Broots. "I'm calm! Where's Jarod?"

"He went off to talk to Parker." Someone responded.

"Good," Linda said confidently. "He's probably telling her off. She is such a bitch! Who does she think she is anyway? I'm sure Jarod is giving her what she deserves."

"I'm sure he is." Sarah whispered to Sydney who smiled with her.

*****

Jarod kneeled in front of Miss Parker, stuck the flashlight in his mouth, and took her feet in his hands to examine them.

"Here, give me that." Miss Parker took the flashlight from him and held it.

Jarod cleaned her feet with his shirt, pulled out the splinters, applied medicine to the cuts, and bandaged them. He did this without saying a word to her.

Miss Parker sat there and stared at his face, stared at his lips, stared at his chest, stared at his arms, stared at his hands. She was impressed with his speed and gentleness in tending to her feet and she was also touched that he used his shirt to clean them. "Damn!" she thought. "How can I be angry at this man?"

"I know this isn't exactly your fashion choice, but…" Jarod held out his socks and hesitated to put them on her feet.

"Fine."

"They'll keep your feet from getting more irritated." And he slipped them on her feet slowly and carefully, his hands lingering on the sides of her calves. He absentmindedly caressed her leg, sending a shiver up her spine.

"Thank you." Miss Parker said with sincerity.

Jarod looked up at her and grinned. "You're welcome. And thank YOU for saving us from that viper." After a moment of silence, Jarod took a chance and brought up what happened earlier.

"Parker…..about what happened earlier today," Jarod began.

"What about it? I told you it never happened." Miss Parker cut off.

"But it did. I only have one question."

"What?"

"Did you enjoy it?" Jarod asked honestly.

Miss Parker looked away, closed her eyes briefly, the corner of her mouth curving up, and said nothing.

Jarod crawled up beside her, smiling.

"You did didn't you? You enjoyed it!"

"I felt nothing. It meant nothing to me." Miss Parker lied, still trying not to smile. "I was just caught up in the moment—the tropic air, the scenery, the IDEA of being on a romantic, deserted island. That's all past now."

Jarod got close to her face and whispered near her lips." So if I kissed you again, you wouldn't feel a thing? It still wouldn't mean anything to you?"

"That's right." Miss Parker lied again. At this moment, she was having a hard time breathing and she could hear her heartbeat ringing in her ears.

"What if I did this?" Jarod ran his hand feather-light up her thigh. "Does that have any effect on you in any way?"

"None, whatsoever." Miss Parker said breathlessly, clenching her hands into fists.

Then Jarod lightly brushed her lips with his. "Still nothing?"

Miss Parker shook her head no, her eyes now closed, awaiting the impact.

Jarod kissed her, pulling her close by the waist. Miss Parker kissed back and ran her hands up his arms and locked her arms around his neck. Miss Parker let out a small groan and tightened her grip on Jarod.

"Was that a moan, Parker?"

"No."

Jarod kissed her again and she let out another groan.

"That's two. This doesn't change anything, you know." Jarod said between kisses.

"What do you mean?" Parker kissed him on the neck and worked her way down to his chest.

"I don't expect you to stop trailing me across the country." Jarod said huskily.

"Oh?" Miss Parker worked her way back up to Jarod's mouth and kissed him deeply.

"But maybe next time, I'll let you catch me." Now it was Jarod's turn to kiss Miss Parker's neck. She closed her eyes and savored the burning sensation on her skin.

"How do you know I won't take you back to the Centre?"

"Will you?" Jarod asked, still kissing her neck, parting her shirt lightly and kissing her just above her bra-line.

"Not until I get what I want." Miss Parker pulled Jarod's head up and kissed him lightly, her tongue licking his lips.

"And what is it that you want, Miss Parker?" Jarod licked back.

"Not what, who." This time, they kissed hungrily, their tongues battling for control.

After they got done making out, Jarod and Miss Parker sat there in each other's arms, their foreheads touching, smiling at each other.

Jarod turned serious and kissed Miss Parker again lightly on the lips. "I care about you so much, Parker."

"I……" Miss Parker looked up suddenly and strained to listen at something. "Do you hear that?"

Jarod listened intently and he heard the roaring of a boat in the distance.

"Help has arrived." Jarod said disappointedly. Miss Parker just looked at him and smirked.

Jarod got up and helped Miss Parker to her feet. Miss Parker gave Jarod a slight push to go ahead of her. "You'd better go first. I'll wait a minute before I join the others. We wouldn't want them to think we were getting along now, do we?" Jarod gave her a quick kiss and headed back to the group.