Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

DISCLAIMER IN PART 1
Author’s note: I’m really not very good at writing details, so I hope this didn’t fly too quickly that I missed some stuff. I also suck at writing angst, so I hope no one minded I kept it light, even with the severity of the subject. Please let me know what you think.



"The Doctor Is In"
Part 6
by Rachel




Miss Parker walked into the apartment and shut the door quickly. She leaned against the door and finally the tears of frustration, anger, and compassion came. For a minute the flood of emotions that came over her paralyzed her.

"AAAAGGGGHH!!!" she let out. After a few moments absorbing the echo that rang through the room, she relaxed a little. "Okay, that felt good," she sighed.

Then her mind went on a rampage again and she was bombarded with ideas of revenge, escape, rescue, revenge, ways to inflict harm to a certain group of women and their husbands, ways of exposing their rotten ways, revenge, revenge! "Stop! Parker!" she screamed at herself. "Calm down, breathe, calm down," she tried to calm herself. When her heartbeat returned to a somewhat normal rate, she picked up her phone to talk to the one person who can bring her back to sanity, but who also shares her passion.

"This is Dr. Jamieson," Jarod’s reply came on the phone.

"Hi Jarod. Is there a chance you can come home now?"

"What’s wrong, Parker?" Jarod asked worried.

"I’ve seen them," Miss Parker said sadly.

"Seen who?"

"The children. I’ve seen the missing children. Jarod, I know where they are."

"I’ll be right home."

Jarod hurried home and when he got to the apartment, he found Miss Parker sitting on the couch, her legs tucked beneath her, fury (possibly rage) evident on her face. Jarod rushed to her side and hugged her tightly. After releasing the breath she didn’t know she was holding, she melted into his embrace, releasing the anger, but replacing it with determination. She pulled away abruptly and held Jarod by the shoulders firmly. "We have work to do," she said, ready to stand up, but Jarod held her down.

"Parker, what did you see?" Jarod asked softly.

"It was awful. Some of the children were hooked up to a ton of electrodes, some were in cages like animals, some were strapped to a chair. Jarod, they were being used as guinea pigs! Experimented on! Treated with cruelty! The fear and hopelessness in their eyes were unbearable. I wanted so badly to take them away from there. And I wanted so badly to cause pain to those who hurt them. I could have done it," Miss Parker began to talk through clenched teeth, "I could have knocked them all out with one swift move." Her blood was beginning to boil. There was no mistaking, the woman is ticked--and that’s putting it mildly.

"Calm down, Parker, you’ll get your chance. How can they just admit to kidnapping and illegal experimentation?"

"They made up some bull about the families volunteering their children for the ‘tests’. They tried to convince me the tests were safe and harmless. My God, those children were in pain! The children saw me and they pleaded for my help. I had to pretend I didn’t care!"

"How do the husbands fit in all of this?"

"They reap the harvest. The children are induced with some kind of mental illness and then they create a drug to cure it. When the drug is perfected, it’s sent off to the quacks and that’s what they use--some medical breakthroughs, huh?"

"You’re amazing, Parker." Jarod smiled at her. Miss Parker looked at him bewilderedly.

"You picked all this up in one visit?" Jarod asked impressed.

"I was nosy alright, yet still remained air-head." Miss Parker responded, with an expression on her face that looks like a breeze is passing between her ears.

"Were all the children there?" Jarod asked, becoming serious again.

"Only eight. They said the two 3-year olds were sent home."

"There were no reports of any of the children being found."

"I know," Miss Parker had a faraway look as if her mind was straining to recall something. "Where are those credit card statements that we were looking at the other day?" she asked urgently. Jarod got up and went over to the desk and retrieved the papers. "Here. What are you looking for?"

"So glad you’re so sneaky and resourceful," Miss Parker mumbled as she skimmed through the sheets.

Jarod tried to be patient, wanting to help, but Miss Parker was caught up in her own world.

"Damn, these women spend a lot of money."

"Parker!!" Jarod couldn’t hold in his curiosity any longer.

"Here! Right there!" Miss Parker pointed to a couple of line items. Jarod stared at it blankly.

"Madison Funeral Home--pet cremation," he read. "So they had a couple of pets cremated."

"They don’t HAVE pets." Miss Parker said through gritted teeth.

Jarod closed his eyes, the muscles on his neck tightening. Miss Parker took hold of his hands and gripped them tightly. "We have to make them pay," she said.

Jarod opened his eyes and stared into Miss Parker’s. In moments, he was joining her in her conniving, mischievous, sly grin. "And pay they will," he grinned back.

Jarod got up from the couch and set up his computer on the table.

"What should we do?" Miss Parker asked, her voice almost giddy. "Tar and feather them?" Jarod continued to work, clicking away at the computer, ignoring her crazy idea. "How about we drug them and leave them naked in a truck full of pigs en route to Pigville, USA?" That received a glare from Jarod. Miss Parker just smiled evily.

"No, Parker," Jarod said calmly.

"How about we tar and feather them and THEN put them in a truck full of chickens to a slaughter house!?" Jarod just shook his head no.

"You are no fun, Jarod," she whined, resting her chin on his shoulder as he typed away. "What’s your brilliant idea, then? I know you have one cause you haven’t been able to wipe that smirk off your face."

"What would be the most damaging thing we could do to them? Besides sending them off to jail--which they will." Jarod half-asked and half-stated.

"Mess with their looks and with their checkbooks." Miss Parker responded.

"Exactly."

"So what are you doing?" Miss Parker asked in sing-song way.

"I’m messing with their checkbooks." Jarod said.

"Then I get to mess with their looks! Oh goody. I know exactly what to do to make them squirm."

"Nothing crazy, Parker." Jarod warned lightly.

"Me? Crazy? Seriously, now, Jarod, we will get the children out tonight, right?"

"We can’t just yet. We need evidence. Were there any surveillance cameras in the place?"

"None. They said any physical evidence is risky."

"Then you need to get back there and get them on tape, both audio and video. We’ll go in there tonight so I can tap into their computer data base. I’m sure they log everything in their system. What kind of security system do they have?"

"Kara punched in 12 numbers and we went in."

"Twelve numbers? Hmmm. That may be tricky. Cracking that code would require some sophisticated equipment. This would definitely delay getting those kids out of there."

"We won’t need any code-cracking equipment. You just need me."

Jarod turned his head from the computer and waited for an explanation. Miss Parker came around the chair and straddled him, resting her arms on his shoulders. "You see, your sophisticated wife has the code right here," she bragged, tapping her temple.

"I’m impressed." Jarod kissed her long and passionately but broke it off sooner than Miss Parker desired. "Now, let me get some work done," he said, helping Miss Parker off his lap.

"Party pooper," she grumbled as she reluctantly slid off of him. "How exactly are you hurting them financially?"

"I’m maxing out all their credit cards and liquidating all their assets."

"You can do that?"

"A little click her and a little click there……."

"What are you going to do with all that money?"

"I’m transferring it to the bank accounts of the families whose children were stolen."

"Ooooooh, You are sneaky," Miss Parker complimented.

"The ladies will go to jail, but I fear the Doctors will be able to plead ignorant and get acquitted. They are as guilty, and if they won’t serve time, they might as well be penniless."

"I better call Bonnie and set up another trip tomorrow."

******************

THE NEXT DAY

Miss Parker got in the car where the four ladies were waiting. They weren’t as cheery as the morning before.

"Good Morning, Ladies!" Miss Parker chirped, placing a bag at her feet. "What’s wrong? You all look a little nervous."

"Marissa, " Bonnie began grimly, "you said you know about the children. What exactly is it that you know?"

"I know how you REALLY got the children." Miss Parker said cryptically.

"We told you their families volunteered them," Lara said nervously.

"Right. I can understand why you won’t trust me completely. This is not exactly on the up and up. But you’re worried about nothing!" Miss Parker explained happily. "I wanted to let you know that I’m ready to do my part. I’m ready to replace those two that were ‘sent home’, as you put it. What do you say? I can get the kids for us, just tell me how it’s done--you ARE the experts. I am REALLY loving the thought of being completely part of this group."

The women’s eyes widened in pleasure. The perfect scapegoat has been hooked, they thought.

"Oh, Marissa! We are so excited to have you part of us!" Sabina exclaimed. "So, you know that the children aren’t exactly here on their own will. You’re fine with that?"

"If that’s what it takes. Tell me all about it." Miss Parker said, her eyes gleaming with interest.

The ladies began spewing secrets about their operation.

They arrived at the warehouse and Miss Parker continued to view the surroundings with her hidden camera and microphone while Jarod followed undetected in his car.

Miss Parker made sure that she got the faces of each child in camera view. It was hard at times not to wince when the women abused the children, slapping them and poking them with a stick. But she got it all on tape. Miss Parker could not wait to give them what they deserve.

They left the building and when they got in the car, Miss Parker took out a bottle of champagne and glasses. "Let’s celebrate, Ladies!" she offered. The women all took a glass readily and toasted. "To success!" "To success!" they said in unison.

**********

The four women opened their eyes slowly and tried to move but found that they were each restrained to a chair. They were back in the grimy warehouse front, Miss Parker and Jarod standing in front of them smirking.

"What is going on here, Marissa?!" Bonnie demanded.

Miss Parker didn’t reply. She just put on a boxing glove and approached the first person in line. That would be Sabina. Sabina’s eyes widened in fear. "Wh-what are you doing with those?"

"You’ll find out soon enough," Miss Parker sneered.

"Why are you doing this?" Sabina said, almost in tears. "Jarod! Help me! You and I made jungle love together! She’s crazy! If that’s what this is all about, I thought it was alright with her!"

Jarod calmly stood beside Miss Parker and casually smiled at Sabina. "I faked it."

"What are you talking about? How could you fake something that awesome?!"

Jarod smiled smugly, Miss Parker scowled at him.

"Sorry, jungle queen, I still faked it. Ask her (pointing to Miss Parker), she was there."

"She was there!?? I DON’T UNDERSTAND!" Sabina cried.

Miss Parker just grinned.

"Marissa, please….."

Miss Parker hit Sabina in the face, breaking her nose. "That’s for thinking you screwed my husband." Sabina screamed in pain.

Then Miss Parker stood in front of Lara. Lara squirmed, but couldn’t get free. "Please don’t hurt me," she begged. Miss Parker hesitated for a minute, but that soon passed. One punch and Lara joined Sabina in a chorus of painful screams. "That’s for thinking about screwing my husband."

"I hate you!!" Lara bit out.

When Miss Parker stood in front of Kara, Kara had her eyes tightly shut, bracing herself from the blow. Miss Parker actually felt a little sorry for her, but that thought also quickly vanished. Pow. "That’s for thinking."

Bonnie glared at Miss Parker with hate. "You will pay for this, Marissa!" she threatened.

"Don’t have to. YOU already did. The families of the children appreciate your generosity," Miss Parker said sarcastically. "They should all be living high on YOUR money, ALL your money." Miss Parker straightened her glove and smiled evily at Bonnie. "I’m going to enjoy this the most."

Now the four women were crying in unison.

"You really should thank me. This was nothing compared to what I REALLY wanted to do to you."

Miss Parker then picked up a bag and started sprinkling little pellets all over the women, on their clothes, on their laps, on their hair. They looked on with fear and confusion

"Wha-what are you doing now?" Lara asked between sobs.

Miss Parker and Jarod continued to spread the pellets around making a trail to a large wooden box on the floor. "Gotta go. Jarod and I can’t miss the reunion of the children and their families," Miss Parker sang. "Your husbands should be here in a little while, followed by the authorities to haul your sorry asses to the slammer. Tah! Tah!"

Miss Parker stood behind the box and reached over to a handle of the trap door. "Before we leave, there are some rodents here who felt left out because their services weren’t utilized for your experiments. They would like to get to know you." Miss Parker lifted the door and huge rats exited the box and hungrily devoured the trail of pellets that lead to the four hysterical women. Jarod and Miss Parker walked away arm in arm.

"Aren’t the rats a little too drastic?" Jarod asked Miss Parker.

"I was going to use snakes," Miss Parker replied.

**************

THAT EVENING

Jarod and Miss Parker sat on the couch in each other’s arms recollecting the events of the week. The joy of seeing the children reunited with their families lingered. Their reminiscing was interrupted by a news flash on T.V. It was showing the four doctors and their wives being taken away with a slew of media crews crowding for a statement. Miss Parker and Jarod laughed when they saw the women trying to conceal their broken noses and to wisk away the rat poop from their hair. They stopped laughing to hear what Bonnie had to say when she got close to the camera and hissed. "Marissa! Jarod! When I get out of this, I’m going to hunt you down and kill you!"

Jarod snorted and remarked, "Take a number."

Miss Parker laughed heartily and tackled Jarod, pinning him on the couch. "What do you say, we play "doctor" again?"

"Well, my dear Parker, the Doctor Is In!"