Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

This fanfic is written to keep alive my favorite show, The Pretender, as we wait for more movies. I do not own the characters of The Pretender or The Profiler. TNT, AOL, NBC, FOX, and I’m not sure who else, owns the show. Please don’t sue me—Just make more Pretender shows! Author’s note - -Andrea Marie is the name I came up with for Miss Parker and has nothing to do with the actress that plays that role. In one of the episodes, it was mentioned that Charles was Jarod’s dad’s last name, so I gave him the first name of John. Gemini’s new name is Michael. And for those of you who don’t know it, Green is not the real last name of Sydney. Since it is well know, I’ve been using it in this piece. Aug. 19, ‘01



In Pursuit Of Happiness
Part 38
by jojarod50




Charles’ cabana
Friday
7:08 AM

12 weeks later…

Michael left the breakfast table and hurried off to his room to finish dressing. In fact, his whole family was in a complete frenzy, preparing to leave for the airport. Jarod was finally coming home!

***

Michael’s bathroom…

The teen quickly brushed his teeth and began lathering up, for a somewhat unnecessary shave. Well into the mundane task, his mind drifted back to the afternoon his brother had almost died.

*

Involuntarily shivering, he remembered the horror of finding Jarod sprawled on his bed, unconscious, after downing an entire bottle of Thorozine. His dad told him that if he hadn’t found Jarod when he did, he probably wouldn’t have made it.

The ungodly nightmare perpetuated itself, once he had dialed 911 and called for his father’s help. As the rest of the family converged on the room, Margaret became hysterical realizing something was desperately wrong with her son. John had to bodily remove her from the room, ordering Emily to do whatever it took to keep her out of there.

Michael showed his dad the empty medicine bottle he’d found on the bathroom floor, and his dad nearly broke down, after looking to see how many came in the bottle, realizing there were more than enough to kill him.

After a brief evaluation of his lifeless son, Major Charles slapped Jarod harshly on the face not caring that he bloodied it, until he finally started to come to. Then swiftly pulling his incoherent son off the bed, he dragged him into the bathroom and held him under cold water in the shower, until he became somewhat more alert.

Biting back tears, his dad helped Jarod get down on his knees in front of the toilet and stuck his finger down his throat, inducing vomiting. After violently retching his guts out, Jarod slumped against the stool wanting to go back to sleep. His dad had a heck of a time trying to keep him awake until the ambulance arrived.

While they were waiting, he asked him why he wanted to kill himself, but Jarod’s slurred explanation didn’t make any sense at all. Pulling Jarod into his arms, his dad broke down and cried, realizing his son was psychotic again.

Michael vaguely remembered how Emily had taken him out of Jarod’s bedroom at that point and had held him in her arms. It was the first time of many, the two of them cried over their brother.

*

“Michael, are you almost ready? Jarod’s plane is supposed to land in 40 minutes, and I want to leave as soon as possible,” the Major said, pacing in front of the young man’s door.

“Yeah, Dad, I’ll be out in 5. Why aren’t you checking on Emily, she’s the one you really ought to be concerned with.”

“Not this time. She’s already with your mom in the livingroom. We’re all waiting on you.”

“I hear you, Dad. Don’t worry, I won’t make you late,” he said, doubling his efforts to finish shaving.

*

After the ambulance arrived at the local hospital, Jarod was thoroughly examined in the emergency room and administered activated charcoal. After toxicology got back to them, further detoxification measures were taken.

Shortly after that, Sydney was notified and Jarod was assigned a private room on the psyche-ward under round-the-clock-suicide watch.

His family was allowed to see him, two at a time, but he lapsed in and out of consciousness and was basically unresponsive the whole time. However, right before his parents went home for the night, he awakened briefly, seemingly recognizing his mom, and broke into a smile before drifting off again.

***

By the next day, about mid-afternoon, Jarod had become more lucid and Sydney had a long talk with him about what he had done. Not long into the conversation, Sydney realized the very thing he had feared had happened.

The after-effects of the LSD25 had thrown the pretender into a depressive state, and somewhere along the line had suffered a psychotic episode. Before anyone had caught on that he had snapped, Jarod heard voices urging him to take the rest of the pills for his family’s sake, so he did.

Although Sydney tried everything in his power to convince the distraught young man that it hadn’t been his fault, Jarod was unable to handle the immense guilt over what he had done and completely shut down.

Soon after that, Jarod was transferred to the best psychiatric hospital in the States, and was assigned to a team of psychiatrists with extensive backgrounds in dealing with cases somewhat similar to his.

Meanwhile, on the island, his family was left with the task of picking up the pieces and mechanically going through the motions of daily life. Parker became a welcomed fixture around the Charles’ house, forming a very close relationship with Margaret, who reminded her very much of her own mom. It was heart-warming how they helped each other through the most difficult times, as the weeks dragged on with little word about Jarod’s progress.

The same support was there between John and Sydney, some time later, after Jarod’s father had overcome his overwhelming anger with the psychiatrist.

There were those, including John, who had felt justified in blaming Sydney for being negligent for not telling anyone to remove Jarod’s medications from his room, in light of his attempted suicide the day before.

Sydney took full responsibility for the disastrous oversight, but his admitted guilt in no way prevented the doctor from forcefully insinuating himself into Jarod’s care.

After Michelle and Sydney’s son had been with him for a short amount of time, the psychiatrist invested an inordinate amount of time and energy in the States. He spent every waking hour conferring with the team of psychiatrists, he suspected had ties to the government, who had been assigned to Jarod’s care.

Sydney had been officially kept off the case while under investigation for possible malpractice. Apparently, there were those within the FBI whose vested interest in having him tied up in legal affairs, was in laying claim to the valuable pretender, under the pretense of restoring him to health for his family.

Sydney had cared less about the legal wrangling, as long as Jarod received the best care possible.

*

“Michael, it’s now or never,” his dad called with slight irritation from the hallway.

“I’m ready,” his son called, slipping on his shirt and hurrying out his door. “Where’s Miss Parker?”

“She said she’d meet us there. Come on, everybody, get in the car,” Major Charles said with a big smile, trying to cover for his conflicting emotions of anticipation and dread. Though Sydney, had told him that Jarod had completely recovered, something deep inside him was afraid to believe that it was true, considering how many times he had gotten his hopes up over his son’s progress only to see him lose most of the ground he’d gained again.

***

Flight 349 nearing final approach…

“Jarod, how are you feeling?” his former mentor asked, eyeing the understandably nervousness pretender wondering what was going through his mind.

“I’m fine,” Jarod said with a dimpled smile, though his trembling hands betrayed his extreme apprehension.

“It’s only natural for you to be nervous, Jarod, but like I said, your family won’t judge you for what you did while in a psychotic state. They’ll just be extremely happy and relieved that you‘re coming home,” Sydney said reassuringly, deeply gratified that Jarod had finally fully recovered.

“I know,” Jarod said, glancing out the small window as the island came into view. “Thank you, Sydney, for keeping my family together after my….,” he said, his words drift off, not wanting to revisit the guilt, he had more or less come to terms with, over what he had done.

“Miss Parker has been eagerly awaiting for your return, Jarod. She simply adores you and, I dare say, has managed to make quite an impression on your mom. The two have become inseparable during your absence. Take a deep breath and try to calm down. Everything is going to be just fine,” he said, giving his hand a quick pat, enjoying how Jarod’s expression always lit up at just at just the mention of Parker’s name.

*

“Please fasten your seat belts, we’re on our final approach to Yellowbird Island. The time is 8:00 AM, temperature 89 degrees. Light winds are from the southwest at 25 MPH. Thank you for flying South Eastern.

Sydney glanced over at his charge, very much at peace with himself, knowing Jarod would finally be able to have the life he had always been denied by the Centre. The younger man had fought so hard to regain his sanity and had finally found himself again. It was a humbling thing to be blessed with helping such a tenacious fighter finally make a full recovery.

His mentor deeply regretted never letting Jarod know, as a child, that he was truly loved. Looking over at his child-like protege, he closed his eyes wondering what kind of monster he had been, for causing such severe self-doubt in the child he had so dearly loved. Despite the ominous threats by the Triumvirate, he knew now, considering Jarod had almost succeeded in taking his own life, that he should have somehow found a way to avoid having him believe that he was rejected by his primary care giver. As it was, Jarod had harbored subconscious feeling of unworthiness, that had violently surfaced during the onslaught of depression, with near tragic results.

*

The doctor was abruptly brought back to the present, as Jarod stood up beside him, busily retrieving their baggage, from the overhead compartment.

“Sydney, I believe this is yours,” Jarod said absently, handing him his briefcase, preoccupied with how he would be received by his family and the woman he loved.

The last thing he had remembered telling his mom, before he had gone to his room to lie down, was that he would never take his own life. Though he had been out of touch of reality when he had attempted suicide, he felt deeply apprehensive of how his mom and the others would view him in light of the terrible thing he had done. He had been confident that he had settled the issue in his last few sessions at the hospital, but now he found himself suddenly plagued with self-doubt again.

*

Yellowbird Island (off the southern tip of Florida in the Gulf of Mexico)
Bay Side International Airport
Flight 349 waiting area

“Thank goodness his plane landed safely,” Major Charles said with a big smile, to no one paticulary, anxious to be reunited with his son. “Do you see him, Margaret? I thought that was him in the third window seat from the front. What do you think?”

Settle down, John. You’ll see him when he comes through that door over there,” Margaret said, noticing the look on Miss Parker’s face, as Jarod’s fiancée strained her eyes hoping for a glimpse of him through one of the windows, leaving the plane.

***

The moment Jarod came into view, it became obvious to everyone, by his physical appearance and self-assured demeanor, that he was going to be just fine.

*

“Mom, “ Jarod said, pulling her gently into his muscular arms. “I never meant to hurt you,” Jarod said, nearly choking on the words. As he cupping her lovely face into his hands, he gave her a gentle kiss on her forehead, unashamed of the tears in his eyes.

“I love you, Mom,” he whispered, pulling her into a tender embrace. “I promise you, from this moment on, everything is going to be alright.”

“Jarod, my sweet child. Hush now; you don’t need to say any more. I know you were very ill, at the time. I’m just sorry none of us understood what you were going through,” she confessed, gently pushing him away from her.

“Let me get a look at you,” she said with a big smile. “I can’t get over how good you look, sweetheart,” she said, relieved that he had put on a fair amount of weight and had obviously spent a great deal of time out side.

“Hey, Jarod, fess up; where have you really been staying… some kinds of sports training camp?” Emily teased, running up to her big brother and hugging him excitedly, laying a big kiss on the cheek.

“Sis, I’ve missed you so much. Wow, look at that tan. You better take it easy on that. Now we’ll really have time to get to know each other. I promise. Maybe we can even go shopping for some more of those Hawaiian shirts.”

“Cool, I’ll hold you to that, Jarod. You sure do look healthy now.”

“Buff is more like it,” Miss Parker said with a seductive smile, feeling suddenly flushed, as she got a closer look at him.

“Buff?” Jarod questioned with a cocky, quizzical grin, as he swept her into his arms, giving her a deeply passionate kiss.

“Parker, you couldn’t possibly know how much I’ve missed you,” he said with a quiver in his voice, as he rested his forehead on hers. “I’m so sorry, Sweetheart. After I left your place, I only vaguely remember telling my parents goodnight and taking some Thorozine, in hopes of sleeping through the night. Please believe me, I had no idea what I was doing by the time I attempted…to,” he said, dropping his gaze to the floor. “I promise you, Parker, I will never leave you again,” he whispered, closing his eyes, inhaling her all too familiar perfume as he gently wrapping her slight frame protectively in his muscular arms.

“Jarod, you have nothing to apologize for. Sydney spent a great deal of time explaining to us, what really happened to you,” she said, gently tracing her fingers down the side of his chiseled face, and brushing her lips against his.

“Parker…” was all Jarod managed before giving her a passionate kiss, finding himself wanting her more than he’d ever wanted her before.

“Mmmm, Jarod, you’re going to have to stop kissing me like that or you’re going to have more on your hands than you bargained for,” she said resting her head on his shoulder, holding back her tears of relief, not wanting him to see her cry.

“How about your old man and brother, Jarod? Don’t we get a hello from you?” Major Charles chided in amusement, deciding to break up Jarod and Parker’s passionate reunion, before things got any further along.

“Oh my gosh, Dad and Michael,” he said excitedly, giving them both a big hug. “I, um, don’t know what to say,” he said shyly, painfully aware that he had caused them such horrible pain.

“Michael, Sydney told me that you were the one who…” he tried, his voice breaking unable to go on. “You should have never had to deal with such a terrible thing,” he said, barely audibly to any of the others standing around. “I’m really sorry.”

“Don’t feel so bad, Jarod. I imagine that I would have done exactly the same thing you did, if I had been in your place,” his clone pointed out, trying to make him feel less uncomfortable by reminding him that they were one and the same.

“I just wish that I had known the depths of your despair. I’m impressed at how well trained you are as a pretender, you must realize, your deception almost cost you your life.”

“I know, Michael. That was really poor judgement on my part,” he admitted, reaching for his dinosaur Pez and flipping back the head.

“Say, did you bring any Butterfingers?” he asked, slipping his empty Pez container back in his pocket and eyeing the big baggie pockets on his brother’s shorts.

“Can’t keep anything from you, can I, big brother?” Michael teased, sensing that his brother was really going to be all right.

“Michael, I told you not to go near that vending machine when you left. You’re busted.”

“Dad,” Jarod started, shifting on his feet nervously. “Sydney explained to me how you saved my life. I don’t know how to thank you,” he said with a fleeting smile, having trouble keeping eye contact.

“Son, you don’t have to....”

“I reviewed the toxicology report on my drug levels from the emergency room. If you hadn’t helped me regurgitate those pills in the bathroom, in all likelihood, I would have died,” he said quietly, letting out a jagged breath. “I remember how happy you were when we first met at Donoterase. I’m so sorry. Since then, I’ve done nothing but cause you pain.”

“That’s not true, Jarod. I adore you,” he said firmly, placing his hands on Jarod’s shoulders for a moment, and turning him to squarely face him. “Listen to me, son, none of this was your fault. Raines and Lyle ought to be sitting on death row right now, for what they did to you,” he said, his face flashing with anger at just the thought of them.

Eyeing his son thoughtfully, his expression turned to one of pride. “You, um, look pretty darn good, Jarod. What have you been doing, working out?”

“Actually, that was Sydney’s idea. Let’s just say, it was a therapeutic way for me to work through my anger,” he said brightly, feeling less embarrassed now after apologizing to his dad.

“By the looks of your biceps, you must have had heck of a lot of anger stored up,” he said, with a sparkle in his eyes, amazed at the dramatic change in his son.

“Yeah,” he said thoughtfully, nodding his head. “Dad, I better pick up my bags now. After that, why don’t we go out to eat. I want to celebrate,” Jarod said, breaking into a big smile, deeply grateful to be reunited with the people he loved.

“Son, are you really alright? I don’t want you hiding things from me any more,” his father asked nervously, knowing that the last time he had asked him that he had lied.

“Dad, I’m fine now. You don’t have to worry about me any more,” his son said, drawing him into a warm embrace. “I promise; Thanks to the second chance you gave me, I’ve finally found myself again.”

***

And he really had.

At lunch he was the highlight of the meal, with his child-like exuberance and disarming charm.

Of course, Parker found him slightly annoying, as he purposely baited and taunted her with his slight air of superiority to get the desired rise out of her.

Going along with the game, she felt a thrill of excitement, knowing with out a shadow of a doubt that Jarod was back to his old self again. Albeit, just as playful and arrogant as before, at least on the surface. Yet, there was an undertone of vulnerability about him, that she found both appealing and sad at the same time, knowing all he had been through that had caused him to be that way.

***

Charles cabana
1:00 PM

The moment Jarod entered the house, a flood of memories came back to him of the day he had met his mother and sister in the hallway and how they had all had hamburgers on the patio.

Glancing around the living room, he winced, noticing the aquarium set up, that he’d promised his brother, they’d work on together, still in its box.

“Jarod, your dad and I are going to change into something cooler. Why don’t you take your bags to your room and unpack, if you want,” his mother offered, noticing he seemed more subdued than in the car. “Jarod, is everything all right?”

“Oh, I’m fine; just reminiscing a little bit.”

“Something’s bothering you, Jarod, isn’t it? I can tell. Please don’t shut me out.”

“I’m sorry, Mom; force of habit,” he said, pausing for a moment, feeling annoyed at how self-centered he was being. “I guess, I still haven’t quite been able to shake all my feelings of guilt. It’s really ironic, don’t you think? I spent most of my time after my initial escape, trying to put my family back together again. And when it finally happened, I, um…” Jarod said, stopping himself before he finished that thought. “I just wish things had gone a lot differently, last time I was here.”

“I know, Jarod, but that doesn’t matter now. You’re going to have to let it go. Look at yourself. You’re stronger now, for all you’ve been through and we love you, Jarod with all our hearts. I’m anxious to get to know the real you,” she said, breaking into a big smile. “This is a dream come true,” she said, giving he son a big hug.

“Thanks, Mom. I, um, think I’ll go unpack. I can’t wait to get out of this suit,” he said, loosening his tasteful silk tie and glancing up at Michael and Emily, as they came through the front door

*

“Where have you two been?” Margaret asked curiously, noticing they were both sweaty and out of breath.

“Michael saw a chameleon by the driveway, and I helped him catch it,” Emily said proudly, hurrying over to the empty aquarium and putting it in.

“Ah, Emily, I think you need a lid on that, or it might get out,” Jarod advised a little too late, and they all spent the next 15 minutes trying to catch it again.

***

Jarod’s room
Moments later…

Jarod shut the door softly and, put his suitcases down by the chest-of-drawers. Going to the window, he lifted the blinds and let the sun come pouring in, standing sill for a moment feeling the soothing warmth.

The room had been repainted in pale turquoise, and tropical print curtains had been used to replace the plain ones. Glancing into the bathroom, he noticed a tropical shade plant by the sink and a lighthouse soap dispenser instead of the plain bar of soap.

Casually opening one of the drawers, he was painfully aware that his razor was missing, along with his scissors, acetaminophen, and that his other more benign medications had all been removed.

“Good for you, mom and dad,“ he said positively, though he regretted that it would take a lot of time before anyone fully trusted him not to hurt himself again.

Sitting down on the soft yielding bed, he felt suddenly sleepy, and fought the urge to lie down, musing that Pavlov’s theory in this case was definitely correct.

Hearing his family’s voices from the living room, he broke into a big smile and hopped off the bed. Quickly, he unpacked his things, except for a pair of new bleached denim shorts that he threw on the bed. Opening his closet, he selected the Hawaiian shirt his sister had bought for him and started changing his clothes.

At first he decided to button the Hawaiian shirt, but changed his mind and unbuttoned it again. After scrutinizing himself in the mirror, he removed his Hawaiian shirt and undershirt and pulled on one of his new tank tops. Quickly visualizing what he had noticed most people wearing at the mall, he then added the Hawaiian shirt again. Testing himself in the mirror, he decided to leave the shirt unbuttoned, wondering why he was making the whole thing so complicated.

“Hey, Jarod, Miss Parker is here,” Michael hollered excitedly through his door.


“Parker,” Jarod breathed, as his eyes lit up, immediately leaving the room.

*

Living room moments later…

“Ah, the casual look,” Andi Marie affirmed, giving Jarod a quick once-over, playfully making him feel like he was on display.

“I could say the same thing about you,” Jarod said in a low flirtatious voice, eyeing her bathing suit and beach cover-up.

“Broots called me a little bit ago. He and his fiancée, Lindsey, wanted to know if we would like to go out to dinner with them tonight. Lindsey knows an out of the way place that serves authentic Mexican food. You do like Mexican don’t you, Jarod?”

“Oh, um, yes. The hotter the better. They used to call me, Mr. Pepper, down in New Orleans. Fiancée? My gosh, have I been gone that long? Who is she? Where did he meet her? This is unbelievable,” Jarod said excitedly, remembering how painfully devastating the last marriage had been on the shy computer tech.

“Calm down, Jarod, your acting like Broots. He met her at the Laughing Gull Inn, late the first night of our arrival. They were college sweethearts. He works with the CIA with her now, only in different departments. One of them will probably have to change jobs after they get married. For right now they’re keeping everything quiet.”

“I never really thought of Broots as a cloak and dagger type,” Jarod said, pausing a moment distracted by her graceful legs.

“Jarod happy.”

“Angelo, my gosh, what are you doing here?” Jarod said in delight, drawing the man/child into a warm friendly hug.

“Jarod, well now. Jarod happy again.”

“Yes, Angelo, Jarod happy. Andi, where has he been holding out?”

“He’s been staying at Broots cabana, every since Sydney had him hired by the FBI. Our sponge boy has made quite a dent on the Fed.’s most wanted list. Nothing like an empath going over evidence found at a crime scene to brighten one’s day.”

“Way to go, Angelo,” Jarod said, patting him on the back. “So, you came over here to go swimming, Parker. Give me a minute to put on my trunks. Are you wearing sun screen - SPF 45 or better? Melanoma is almost epidemic with the thinning of the Ozone.”

“Jarod, go change your clothes.”

“Ok, but when I come back, I’m rubbing you down.”

“Mmmm, maybe this sun screen thing is good for something after all.”

***

Charles cabana 20 minutes later…

“Margaret, I think it’s getting too hot out here. Why don’t we go inside for a little bit? After all, the weather man said we would be in a heat advisory again today,” John said protectively, glancing at his beautiful wife.

“John, how could you even suggest such a thing. Don’t you find the way our son is courting Andi, fascinating? Look at how Jarod is showing off for her. I wonder how he ever found time to learn the butterfly stroke, while on the run from the Centre. It’s got to take a lot of strength to cut though the waves that way.”

“Yeah, well, he better get down to business, or he’s not going to catch up to Parker. She’s like a fish in the water.”

“Do you realize what a profound thing this is. We’re witnessing our genius son’s attempt at beginning of a new life. How would it be, John, to be denied any knowledge of the outside world, until you were basically a grown man? And then, falling in love and find yourself mapping uncharted waters, as you courted your fiancée. John, Jarod has never had a real chance to explore who he really is. In so many ways, he’s very childlike and innocent. I just hope Andi has the heart to be patient with him.”

“Well, if he does anymore catching up right now, he’s going to be sited for indecent display,” John said rather forcefully, rising from his deck chair, catching sight of the two, lying on the beach where the waves break, passionately making out.

“Oh, John, I think it is so romantic. Don’t you remember that one scene from “Here to Eternity”? You certainly did get quite passionate with me, after that show.”

“I don’t even think Jarod had seen that movie,” Major Charles joked, finally remembering what it was like to be young and in love.

*

Down on the beach…

“Jarod, look what I found,” Michael said proudly, holding a horseshoe crab out for inspection.

“Wow, where did you find that? It’s an excellent specimen of that primitive crab.

“It stinks, Michael. Get it out of here, before I rearrange your face.”

“Come on Parker, Michael’s my brother. I don’t want you talking to him that way.”

“You’re right, Jarod. Michael, get it out of my face and I’ll be very happy. Is that better?”

“It will do, yes.”

“Sorry, Miss Parker, I hadn’t considered the stench,” Michael said, wrinkling his nose, heading back toward the water to throw the smelly thing in.

*

“Let’s go back to my place, Jarod. I need to shower and get out of this sandy suit.”

“I don’t think it would be wise to trust me alone with you. I certainly don’t. For some reason, I’m having an increasingly difficult time, controlling myself around you. I really wanted to wait until we’re married before we made love, but I’m rapidly losing my resolve. You do understand, don’t you?”

“For heaven’s sake, Jarod, you’re sure one of a kind. I’ve never known any man even vaguely like you.”

“Thank you, I think.”

Ok, Jarod, why don’t we just elope? Your parents will understand.”

“Hmmm. Maybe they can be witnesses. We could get the whole thing over with by tonight,” he said, falling against her, his hungry kisses becoming more urgent.

***

Light House chapel
Lake shores, Yellowbird Island

“You can now kiss the bride,” the preacher said, looking on as Jarod took Parker gently in his arms, and kissed her, finally claiming his childhood sweetheart for his wife.

“Congratulations, Jarod,” his dad and mother said excitedly, relieved that the two had subdued their passion, until they were joined by God.

“Way to go, Parker and Jarod. You were always right for each other, well, um, after you two quit fighting, that is,” Broots said, squeezing the hand of his lovely fiancée, anxious to tie their knot.

“Why don’t we go over to the restaurant? I have reservations for all of us for 8:00,” Jarod offered, beaming with pride, as he held Parker near him, having the time of his life.

*

El Mexical Inn
9:50 PM

“Here’s a toast to the lovely bride and groom,” Major Charles offered, after a wonderful dinner and dessert. “May you have peace, love, and prosperity, and some grandchildren for Margaret and myself to love,” John said, feeling ecstatic that Jarod had finally tied the knot. He found himself musing that, since they could hardly been able to keep their hands off each other before, it would be no time at all, before they would finally be blessed with grandchildren.

***

Parker’s cabana

“Hello Mrs.Charles,” Jarod said in a low sexy voice, as he watched his gorgeous bride slip under the covers with him, feeling her press her warm body next to his.

“Mmmm, Jarod, we’re finally alone,” she breathed into his ear, tracing his lips with her finger. “All right, sweetheart; show me what you’ve got. This better be good after putting me off all this time,” she teased, giving him a deep kiss.

Delighting in his new bride, Jarod took her in his arms with unbridled passion, expressing himself in a way he had never experienced before.

As their bodies moved together, they became one, and their love was consummated that night.”



“To be continued…