Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer : The Pretender and all character associated with it belongs to NBC and 20th Century Fox. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.


Follow-up to Resolved Issues 1&2 Read those first



Unresolved
part I
by Julie






Jarod hadn't seen Miss. Parker since that morning. When he had awoken and seen her sleeping face after they had slept together he couldn't face hurting her further. He kissed her face almost hoping she would wake but when she didn't he left a note and slipped out. That was the day after Christmas and he hadn't yet made contact. He thought that he shouldn't have allowed himself to engage in such acts with a vulnerable woman.

He had told Parker information that night to inform her of her past. She was confused and all her repressed emotions began to flow back to her. She couldn't organise these emotions, as she hadn't the memories to back them up. The brainwashing was to dampen her feelings and turn her into the unfeeling bitch that she had become. They made her feel betrayed by the only person who was left to truly love her-Jarod. They cited him as the cause of her mother's death. She was denied access to him and there was nobody left to care for her. Her father was cold and he taught her to act likewise.

* * * * *


December 28th, 2am
Hotel Room, Arlington, Virginia

Jarod tossed in his bed trying to find a comfortable position to sleep. It was useless. He turned and looked at the clock beside his bed. The neon glimmer from outside stung his eyes. He had slept very little since he left her last. He was slightly comforted the memories of the day they spent together.

* * * * *


December 25th, 11am
Miss. Parker's room

Jarod had been awake for hours. Even though he had a cramped leg he didn't move a muscle for fear that he would wake Miss. Parker. She slept so peacefully that he wanted to shut out the world and stay like this forever.

Jarod pushed back a loose strand of hair from Parker's face. She stirred but cuddled further into his warm chest and continued to sleep. They hadn't gone to sleep until 5am. They were so caught up in the ecstasy of the night that time didn't matter. Passion had overcome any exhaustion that they might be feeling. Neither had ever felt such satisfaction in their lives. They were made to be physically moulded together. Their bodies were more than compatible. They were pleasured by each other all night until their bodies told them that they needed to rest.

They slept in each other's arms until the sun coming through the curtains woke Jarod. He watched her sleep all morning, contemplating the outcome of their actions. He felt that Parker felt more than a physical need to be with someone. He needed her-after waiting for her to remember her past so long he felt that it was time to jog her memory and he was contented with his choice.

Miss. Parker opened her eyes and was aware that she was with Jarod. She was so happy that it had not been just a dream. He was holding her in his strong arms and breathing lightly onto her red hair. She felt his breath on her and forgot momentarily about all the worries that plagued her world.

Jarod noticed her waking and was snatched from his musings. He hoped that she had not regretted what had transpired between them. He also knew that she was prone to blaming others when her perfectly ordered world was disrupted. He chanced being the first to talk.

"Good morning Sunshine."

She rolled to look him in the eyes and after a tense moment said: "Hi. Sleep well?" with a smile unlike one he had seen on her for quite some time forming on her lips.

"Yes actually. Somebody gave me a good workout last night. What about you? Are you going to bite my head off or drag my sorry ass back to the Centre."

"It's Christmas! How could I do that to you at Christmas? You'll just have to stay to ask me that tomorrow morning," she said with a sly grin forming.
Jarod cupped her cheeks with his hands and planted kisses on her forehead and made his way down to her mouth where she caught his mouth in hers. She pulled herself further up in the bed and clamped her knees around his hips. She caressed his chest with her hand and with the other arm pulled his head off the pillow and closer to her.

Jarod sat up to be level with her and wrapped his masculine arms around her in a sustained embrace. Their naked bodies rubbed together creating overpowering electricity.

The yell of the phone snatched them from each other.

"What?" Miss. Parker used her customary greeting. "Oh hi Daddy," unexpectedly her voice didn't soothe any. "Yes, I was….okay I'll…no that's alright. You stay on holidays and I'll go to work tomorrow." She said this with a hint of sarcasm.

"Daddy are you…" She hung up the phone and rolled back on to the bed. "I guess he had more pressing matters to attend to at Christmas than talking to his daughter."

She stayed silent for a moment and Jarod didn't disturb her. He kissed her forehead, rubbed her arm and headed towards the bathroom.

Jarod stared into the mirror and felt as though he was seeing a new person not only in Parker but also within himself. He splashed cold water on his face to see if he would wake up from the dream. He looked out the bathroom door to ask if he could have a shower but decide to leave her alone and proceed without permission.

The hot water sprayed all over his aching body. It was not long since his last pretend and he had not fully recovered.

"Do you mind if I join you," he heard a voice say.

"Sure. Hop right in. You can scrub my back."

"Only if you scrub mine"

"I'm sorry you dad…."

She caught his mouth in hers before he continued. "No talk of him today. Alright?"

"Yeah" he said returning the kiss. He wrapped his arms around her naked body and massaged her with soapy hands.
Parker ran her hands through his hair and planted soft kisses down his body, arousing him further as she did.

"Who ever taught you this kind of intimacy? I'd like to thank them."

"Well you taught me but you never got to help me practice Angel"

"Really. I suppose you are a pretender and an expert in your field whatever that may be. You pick it up fast-fortunately for me."

* * * * *


12:30pm, Miss. Parker's kitchen

Parker had left Jarod to dress upstairs and went to see if she had anything to eat for him. He would sure need something to build back up all the energy he had used. She rummaged through the fridge but didn't find much. She moved towards the cupboard and spotted her packet of cigarettes. She hadn't had one in fifteen hours. She looked hard and then heard Jarod upstairs and decided that she didn't need them. They were used by her to fill a gap that was now sealed.

Jarod walked slowly down the stairs and was surprised at the number of photographs along the wall. They were all of her and her mother before she was killed and Jarod thought of the terrible conditions of Parker's life.

She didn't see him coming behind her. Jarod looked at the short robe and thought that she was teasing him in it. He came behind her and wrapped his hands round her waist. He squeezed tight and kissed her on the ear.

"You look so beautiful."

"What? You mean with no make-up on, my hair tied up in a hurry and my robe draped around me."

"Yes. It's one of the sexiest sights that I've ever seen"

"One of? When were the others?"

"Well, last night, early this morning, later this morning…" He trailed off when he heard her laugh."Why don't you laugh more often? It suits you."

"I've never had much to laugh at, I suppose."

Parker and Jarod spent the day together, not concerned with anything outside of that house. When night came they slept side-by-side and left the thoughts of what the centre had done to both of them in the back of their heads.

When Jarod woke early the next morning he knew that she had to back to the centre and left so that their time together could be perfect.



Let me know what you think!