Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

The Love of the Chase
Part 2

*Broots*

by Andrea




When I started working for the Centre, I thought it was a dream come true. Of course, I didn’t know the real truth.

I applied for the job because it sounded perfect for me, it was near where I lived, high salary (well, better than what I was getting), technology, ect.

A few months after I started working, I was assigned to the Jarod pursuit. Jarod’s a Pretender, somebody that escaped from the Centre. It’s my job to find him.

I work with Miss Parker, and Sydney. Syd is the nicest guy, except when something gets him really mad. He’s the one who trained Jarod to be a Pretender. I think that he doesn’t want Jarod to be recaptured, and does everything in his power to make sure that it doesn’t happen.

Miss Parker is a different story, though.

Her father is the Chairman of the Centre, or he was. She wants to bring Jarod back. From what I can tell, she has a deal with her father: Bring Jarod back, and she can leave the Centre.

I, personally, would like to see her leave. Not because I don’t like her, because I do, but because of what the Centre has done to her. She’s almost died so many times…she’s been hurt so many times.

Now, that her father is missing, she wants to find Jarod even more. I guess that he has contacted her or something, because the search has stepped up. Sometimes I track over twenty leads a day.

Sometimes, I hope that Jarod is never recaptured, because I like working with Parker. But, sometimes…Parker isn’t the person to work for.

When I first started working for her, I was scared of her. I still am, occasionally.

Debbie, my daughter, admires Parker so much. She’s told me that she wants to be just like Parker when she grows up. That shocked me.

I’ve worked with Jarod, and I think he’s really nice. He’s willing to put just about anything on the line to help somebody, which is something I think is great. Especially when some of the risks he takes could make him easier to find.

Footsteps jolt me out of my thoughts. "Have you traced the lead yet, Broots?" Miss Parker asks.

My answer, "I’m working on it," begins my usual day. A day filled with tracking Jarod, the one whom upon everything depends.