Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: VanSickle & Mitchell own the premesis, I own the words.
Author's Note: Special thanks to Schuyler & Cheryl



Romance In Chains 3/3
by Andrea








III.

Laying back on the warm beach the young woman reflected on her life.... I have everything I could want...Almost everything. I wish that Jarod would find me again, we could have our own private paradise... Why did her thoughts always center on Jarod? Why?

Looking out into the choppy waves, she felt hands on her shoulders. They moved over her neck to cover her eyes. A mouth captured her's, delivering a passionate kiss. "Jarod," she gasped when he stopped.

"Did you miss me, baby?" Jarod asked huskily as he pulled her up to face him. Parker's pale blue eyes bored into his, the icy core melting in his deep brown eyes…

*****

The future Huntress and her Prey lay entwined in each other, her eyes still locked onto his; but the cold exterior of her had melted under Jarod. Together, they had given up everything for love...

*****

"I'll love you forever…"

*****

Outside the abode of his daughter, Mr Parker gathered the Sweepers he'd brought along. "When you get in there, take Jarod; leave my daughter for me…"

The whisper of 'Yes, Sir' ran through the accumulated group.

"When you get him, immediately head back to Blue Cove and give him to Mr Raines; he knows what to do with the brat.

*****

"Well, look what I've found. An escaped fugitive from the Centre. We'll have to fix that right away!" The men moved in and grabbed Jarod, pulling him to stand.

"Bastard."

Mr Parker looked at his still sleeping Angel. "Wake up, bitch." He said emotionlessly. When she made no move, he reached out with his hand and slapped her on the face.

Miss Parker sat up, pulling the sheet around her. "You're a little bitch. A goddamn slut." Her beloved father began hitting her.

Jarod couldn't stand it. He wrenched loose of the Sweepers holding him captive. "Don't call her that!" He screamed, throwing himself at the older man.

He turned to Jarod. "Oh? Why shouldn't I? She's my goddamn daughter. I'll do whatever the hell I want with her. Whatever.

"No, no you won't do whatever the damn hell you want with her." Jarod suddenly launched himself at the man, kicking with his feet and smacking with his hands. Mr Parker fought back.

*****

Raines looked at the bruised and battered Pretender. "He was an idiot to get involved with the Chairman's bitch. He was even dumb enough to get in a fight with Mr Parker. This is the second time Jarod has escaped," he said, to no one in particular. "His memory will be wiped, and Sydney will never know of this incident, or last year's. Luke, take him to my lab…"

"Yes, Sir." Luke scooped up the unconscious Jarod, still knocked out from the sedative he'd been injected with and carried him to Raines' lab.

"You won't remember a thing…" Raines said maliciously.

*****

"How the hell could you? How the hell could you dishonor the Parker name like that?"

His outrage was directed at his Angel, sitting in front of his desk in the same spot Jarod had been the year before. She too was silent, her arms crossed defiantly.

Mr Parker's anger grew with each second of silence till he finally burst. His controlled anger was gone, replaced with a barely held back beast. He grabbed Parker by the shoulders and shook her, hard. "You're a goddamn little bitch. Just like your damn mother. Offer yourself to any fucking man. What the fucking hell did you think you were doing?" Between words he was hitting and screaming.

Outward, Miss Parker was composed, not affected by her father's actions. Inside, she was shaking. The only sign of her fright, though, were her eyes. The one feature she couldn't control perfectly. "Answer me, dammit!" Her father's voice broke into her thoughts.

The maiden could no longer hide behind innocence…but she could keep her silence, for as long as possible.

"When I talk to you, you answer me! Now what the hell do you have to say?"

At last she spoke. "I made a mistake…That wasn't supposed to happen…"

"Of course it wasn't supposed to happen. That's what mistakes are. But, my dear, what you made wasn't not a mistake. It was a conscious decision to have sex with Jarod." He said the name with obvious disgust.

"Daddy…" He ignored her. When he took up the conversation again, his words had a certain softness to them.

"You need to learn Angel, learn about men. Most are creatures who prey on women, looking for their weakness. So they can exploit them, get them into their bed. But, not all men are like that. Some are compassionate, caring. They'll do anything for you…"

"But it's almost impossible to find those kind of men."

"Yes, Daddy."

"I suppose this is partly my fault," The Chairman mused. "Mothers usually tell their daughters these sorts of things; but you only have me. I should have told you, but I thought you would know. Apparently, I was mistaken."

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

Shaking his head, he said, "You shouldn't be. It was my fault, and I'm glad that we had this talk. Before anything disastrous happened."

Mr Parker stood up from his desk. "I love you Angel." He held his arms out for a hug.

Accepting her father's embrace, she heard seven words whispered in her ear, "I'm the only person you can trust."

*****
June 11th
*****

She walked through the cold and sterile halls of the Centre, searching for Jarod. Even after her father's talk, she still had to see him. She had to know…

Taking a minute to compose herself mentally and physically, Parker pushed open the door to Jarod's room.

Her gaze fell on Jarod, seated at his ebony desk in the leftmost corner of the room. His face was towards her; she could see the green system characters reflected in his deep brown eyes. "Jarod," she said tentatively.

"What," he snapped. Parker, of all people, should know not to interrupt him while he was doing a Simulation.

"Jarod, can you stop working for a second and talk to me?"

Grumbling, Jarod came to stand next to her. "What did you want to talk about?" He asked, his voice a little nicer.

"Last week. The time we spent together in the cabin."

"Last week?" He repeated.

Nodding, Parker said, "Yes, last week. You met me in the Bahamas, remember?"

"I'm sorry, Parker. I've never been out of the Centre, you know that." His eyes traveled her face, searching for the truth. Could this be a joke? No. She was too sincere for it to be a jest.

Noticing the bruises on her face, the black eye almost concealed with makeup, he asked, "Where'd you get those bruises at?"

"From my father. Because of you." She told him, her voice turning hard suddenly.

"What did I do?"

But his question went ignored. "You told me you'd always love me!" She screamed.

"Parker, I don't know what you're talking about."

Jarod didn't see her hand raise, but he felt the impact on his face. He decided to ignore it. "Do you want to continue this another time? You are obviously too distraught to carry on a civil conversation." He told her, patronizing her.

"No, I don't. Daddy was right, all men are the same," she shot back, and left.