Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer see part 1.

An Imaginative View Of The World 51/?
by CHris

"Kyla, wake up, we're almost there. Are you alright? Can you see? How are your legs? Do you think you can walk?"
"Hey, I can only answer one question at a time. And to answer all your questions with one word: yes, I can. Or at least I think I can. Where are we? Already in Findlay?"
Jarod nodded. They drove through a town that never seemed to stop. Houses after houses passed by their window. It seemed that Findlay never ended. Finally Jarod slowed down and pulled the car onto a parking lot next to a small café.
"We're meeting with Samantha Waters. She might know a few things we haven't seen yet. While the two of you've been sleeping I called in Chicago. Rachel's OK. She'll survive. I haven't had the chance to talk to her but they assured me that she'll be able to talk to me later the day."
Jarod and Kira got out of the car. After all that had been happening in this universe Kyla wasn't sure what to do. She opened the door and looked at Jarod who was standing next to her. She could feel her legs and except for a little blur her vision was back to normal. Jarod took her by the upper arm and gently pulled her from the car. She stood next to him on shaky legs. Kira came to stand beside her and put her arm around Kyla's waist. Jarod did the same and they kind of escorted her towards the café. They were a funny trio: Jarod with a moustache who looked more like a truck driver than anything, Kira, with the pillow under her sweater waddled beside a young woman on shaky legs. They would certainly draw attention.
They entered the café and Jarod asked for a table at the window. Jarod liked to know when people started searching for him. A few tables were occupied but there was no sign of Samantha Waters yet. A strange looking group of men were sitting in the opposite corner and they seemed to have an argument about something. They were shouting at each other not caring that all the other guests could hear them. Jarod, Kira and Kyla looked at each other and shook their heads. They sat down and Kyla tried to hear what the argument was about. The men looked strange but somehow familiar. They had very dark skin and bald heads. One of them turned his head a little and she saw something on his forehead. Some kind of tattoo. Then she heard what they were saying.
"Kal shaka mel!" one of them shouted and got up from the table. He stormed out the door without a backward glance.
"What was that about?" Jarod asked, "I know many languages but I haven't heard that one before."
"I have," Kyla said and felt awkward. She knew that language but she knew that it couldn't be real. And she recognized the tattoo on the men's forehead. They were Jaffa. They were talking the language of the Goa'uld.
"What did he say?" Kira asked.
"Go to hell."
"WHAT?"
"That's what he said. Go to hell."
"Oh."
The remaining Jaffa had realized that people were looking at them and had settled down again and were talking quietly now. The front door opened and Samantha Waters entered. She saw Jarod and smiled. She walked over to their table and smiled at them.
"Nice to see you again, Jarod, " she said and took a seat. She eyes Kyla with a suspicious glance who was watching the Jaffa at the other table.
"Ya'ol'wa?" one of them asked when he saw that Kyla was watching them. She just shook her head and looked away.
"What did he say?"
"What's the matter. Guess it's rude to stare at strange people," she grinned apologetically. "I hope they aren't offended."
"I hope they don't know that you can understand what they are saying."
Kyla was glad that he didn't ask what language they were speaking because it would be quite hard to explain that they were talking in a language that had been invented by humans. A language that didn't really exist.
"Jarod told me a lot about what has happened and I can see that something is wrong but I don't know yet what exactly it is. You will have to give me a little more time," Samantha said to Kyla.
"Have you seen anything that might be of importance to me?"
"I'm not sure. There was something involving a car crash but the other things are very unclear. I had hoped that Jarod could help me in a few ways."
"I'll do my best," he promised. Kyla was distracted again by the Jaffa in the other corner of the room. Their arguments were getting louder again.
"Who are they?" Samantha asked.
"No idea," Jarod answered, "But Kyla understands their language."
"Ya'isid ma'que! Ki'banja'sweil!" the largest one of the Jaffa said and jumped up. They stormed out of the room and disappeared behind the next houses.
"We have to go and hide, is what he said before they left. I don't know what their argument was about, I didn't hear it. But I'm not feeling too comfortable around here anymore. Can't we go somewhere else?"
"No, we can't," Jarod said, "I have ordered pancakes and I don't want to leave that behind. And I don't see that were in any danger. They don't have anything to do with us."
"Maybe they don't but if they go into hiding something is wrong. Those people don't go hiding easily. They're a proud people and –"
"What do you know about them?"
"Not enough. I wish I knew more. I'm glad I understood what they were saying. Please Jarod, let's get away from here."
"Jarod, I think we should trust her. You saved her from a psychiatrist. That shouldn't have been in vain. You trust your own instincts why not trust hers this time?"
Jarod looked at Kira for a while and slowly nodded. The same moment a waitress came with his pancakes. Jarod longingly looked at them.
"Eat them but hurry. A few minutes can't hurt. I need to go to the toilet anyway. Kira, can you help me?"
Kira nodded and got up. Together they walked to the toilet. Kyla still felt a little shaky. And she knew that Jarod and Samantha would need a few minutes on their own.

There was a dull sound and then there was silence. Kyla stumbled out of the toilet and found Kira lying on the floor. There was nobody else there. She gently slapped Kira's face but nothing happened. She tried some water but still nothing happened. Still on shaky legs she ran into the café and called for Jarod. He looked really concerned when he came into the ladies toilet. Kira was still lying on the floor but Kyla had her head cradled in her arms.
"What's the matter with her?" she whispered when Jarod had finished his examination.
"I don't know," he whispered back, "But we have to get away from here. We have to get her to a real doctor."
"But you are a real doctor!" Kyla protested weakly.
"I can pretend to be one but I don't have the equipment. She needs medication. I'll take her to hospital and you go with Samantha. We'll meet again at the Motel."
"Jarod, I'm not very happy with that idea!"
"Neither am I but I think Kira's life is worth more than my freedom. If they get me they have only me as long as I'm alone with Kira. They don't need to get you."
"They aren't searching for me, are they?"
Jarod shook his head and gently lifted Kira up. The moment he wanted to leave the room she opened her eyes. Jarod smiled and sat her down. She had a hunted look in her eyes.
"Where is he?"
"Who?"
"I didn't just faint. I was knocked out!"
"Hurry! We have to go. I have no idea why he attacked Kira but I don't like it. First Rachel and now Kira. I hope they aren't related in any way."
"They are but in other ways than were planned," are cold voice said from behind them and Miss Parker stepped out from the shadow. She pointed a gun at them.
"I don't want to hurt you, the Centre wants you alive. We're leaving through the back door. A car is waiting for you."
"And where are the sweepers? I didn't know you're working alone."
Miss Parker smiled an evil little smile and waved her gun.
"Get going and don't try to run. You'd be dead before you reach the door."
Jarod supported Kira and they walked out of the toilet. Kyla's head were full of horrible pictures of torture and experiments. Parker ushered them into a black Lincoln.
"That's the car we've seen along the highway," Kira whispered.
"That's right," Parker smiled, "Now buckle up and enjoy the ride."
"No handcuffs? No drugs? Just a kind word and we're off towards the Centre? That's very unlike the Miss Parker I know," Jarod said and leaned back.
"But very much like the Miss Parker you used to know when you were little," a man's voice said from the front seat.
"Sydney! What's going on?"
"No time to tell you the whole story. This time you have to trust her. She doesn't want to hurt you and the other's. Samantha Waters will be brought to the same place, you don't have to worry about her but the place is hidden so you are not allowed to see where we're going. Sorry."
The car doors locked and a window came up behind the driver's seat. Parker looked at them and watched the rear of the car filling with gas. Kira was the first to loose consciousness. Jarod tried to fight against it. He tried to open the doors or break the windows. He couldn't trust her, she knew that. Kyla watched Jarod fight but he lost. The last thing she saw was Parker's astonished face when Jarod collapsed and she was still fighting. But eventually she lost the fight, too.