Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



No Way Out
part 9
Center’s Secret




Raines watched his daughter fight the injections. She was an amazing fighter. They had already up the amount of pain stimuli four times. He had never seen a person go passed three before now. If she would have been trained and loyal to the Centre she could have been as amazing as Jarod was. He shook his head at the time that was wasted because Catherine Parker hadn’t wanted her daughter trained. No matter what he did to overturn the triumvirate’s decision they still wouldn’t let her be trained. He slowly smiled. They had no idea that for the last four week she had been doing simulation, and not just easy simulations. He had gone straight to Jarod’s last few simulations. She had performed perfectly. The first one had been difficult but once she got the hang of it she picked up on it like she had been doing them her whole life. He gave a little laugh as he remembered the first simulation. Her “daddy” had sent her to him. Raines had told her that the triumvirate had agreed that she would be doing simulations. If she fought them then her team members will be killed. They were her weak point. She didn’t want others to be hurt because of her; little did she know that she was the reason her mother had been murdered.

The Centre had gone to great lengths to see if she had betrayed them. They had planted a poison in her that would set off her ulcer, it did and Jarod was there to help. Once they realized that Jarod was helping her then they forged the medical report to say that she was pregnant. The Centre had wanted Jarod to turn himself in to protect the child, but it hadn’t worked. They had done a second test and realized that she was not.

Raines looked at Parkers pain monitor. “Turn it up again.”

“But sir, we don’t know what they will do to her.” One of the technicians argued.

“Do it!!”

The technician jumped and turned the pain up a notch. Raines felt great satisfaction as

Parker began to shake with pain. “Now Miss. Parker, where is Jarod?”

Her eyes opened as she spit in his face. “I already told you that I had no idea.”

“Still fighting it are we? We will see what you do with this.” He reached over and turned it up two notches. Screams once again erupted out of her body and then nothing. She lost consciousness. “Tell me when she wakes back up.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jarod followed Angelo through the vents. They had quickened their pace when they had heard her screaming and then suddenly stop. ‘Please, don’t let her be dead. Please don’t let me loose the one person who has made me feel whole.’

Suddenly Angelo stopped and motioned below them. Jarod nodded and looked down. There were two technicians and an unconscious Miss. Parker. He looked at Angelo. “We need a distraction.” Angelo nodded ad disappeared. A little while later a crash was heard outside of the room and the two technicians left to find out what had happened. Jarod quickly hopped down from the vent and rushed to her side. He could see needle marks on her head and knew that she had been injected with pain stimuli. He carefully picked her up, and felt his chest tighten when she whimpered in pain and tried to fight him. “Shh…its going to be OK, baby. I’ve got you.” He whispered in her ear. She calmed down and relaxed in his arms. He walked over to the vent and looked up to find Angelo’s arms reaching out. He had just handed her to Angelo when the door burst open.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t the lab rat come to save his beloved.” Lyle smirked as he pointed his gun at Jarod. With a quick look to the vent Jarod realized that Angelo had already taken Miss. Parker to Sydney. Good, Now he didn’t have to worry about her.

“What do you want Lyle?”
Lyle stepped towards Jarod and grinned. “I came here to stop you from taking my sister, but it looks as if I am too late. Oh well, I can at least stop you.” Lyle pulled the hammer back on the gun. Suddenly the door behind flung open, hitting him in the back and causing him to loose the gun in his hand. Only the words “FBI, freeze” were heard.

Jarod smiled at Lyle. “Oh, did I forget to mention that I had friends coming?” He watched Lyle fight the agents and one hit him over the head causing him to loose consciousness. Jarod nodded at them and then rushed to where Sydney, Broots, Angelo and Parker were.

When he reached them he noticed that Parker was awake and paramedics were looking her over. He rushed to her side. “How are you feeling?”

“Like someone stuck needles in my head.” She joked and the winced when pain shot through her body.

Jarod smiled and took her hand in his. “Everything is going to be al right now.” He said before kissing her eyebrow.

“No, you didn’t go see your family. You have been waiting for so long and because of me you didn’t go.” She laid her other hand on top of their joined hands.

“Hey,” He let go of her hands and cupped her face. “It’s not your fault. Besides, I contacted them and we agreed to meet tomorrow in Seattle. I do have one question for you. Will you come with me?”

She smiled and nodded her head. “Yes.”