Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



No Way Out
part 8
Center’s Secret



Sydney looked around Parker’s office. Something was wrong. He could feel it in his bones. Parker’s phone started ringing and he walked over to it and answered.

“This is Sydney.”

“Sydney, what are you doing answering Parker’s phone? Where is she?”

“Mr. Lyle told us that she went home sick. I was planning to stop by her house after work.”

“Sydney, Parker is not at home. She had a meeting with her father and has not been back home yet.”

“Maybe she is still in the meeting.”

“No, something’s wrong, I can feel it.”

“What do you want to do?”

“Meet me at Parker’s house as soon as you can, and bring Broots with you.” Jarod hung up and all Sydney could hear was the dial tone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jarod walked around Miss. Parker’s house. He thought about all that had happened in his life, and how much she meant to him. Before Parker had gone to the meeting she had old him that she loved him. He wasn’t going to loose her now, he picked up the phone and called the FBI. Hopefully by now they had received the information he had had Broots send. Together they could bring down the Centre and save Parker.

Jarod hung up the phone after talking to the FBI for almost an hour. A knock at the door alerted him that someone was there. He quietly crept towards the window and looked out. He sighed as he noticed Sydney’s car. He opened the door and let them in. Surprising Jarod, Angelo walked in first.

“We were leaving the Centre when he came up to us. He wants to help her Jarod.” Sydney explained.

Angelo looked at Jarod. “Daughter…dying…hurt…need friend.”
Jarod nodded. His heart was relieved and at the same time scared. She wasn’t dead yet, but she might be by the time they got there.

“What’s the plan?” Mr. Broots asked looking around Miss. Parkers home. It had always amazed him how her home always looked warm and loving. He knew from listening to Debbie that there was a part of her that cared about others. He remembered when Bridget was threatening him and Parker had angrily told her that if she ever tried to hurt him that she would kill her. He knew he was not supposed to be listening to the conversation, but something had told him to. Now he was glad he had.

“I just got off the phone with the FBI. They received that documents that you sent. They were horrified by all the information in them. They are going in today and we are going with them. I have arranged it to where we will go in first and get Miss. Parker. We have exactly one hour to do that before they come in. Hopefully if all goes well, the Centre will be held accountable for their actions, the children will be returned to their families, and life will be a lot safer.”

“What about the people who are innocent in most of the Centre’s doings?” Sydney asked worrying about those who did not know what type of organization they worked for, the people who thought that they were helping others.

“The FBI is only going to go after the top people, like Raines, Lyle, the triumvirate, and Mr. Parker. The others will be thoroughly questioned and if the FBI sees fit to arrest them then they will.”

Suddenly Angelo fell to his knees and cried out in pain. “Daughter…hurry…must save.”