Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



No Way Out
part 7
Center’s Secret



2 weeks later:

Parker opened the door of her home and headed to find Jarod. She found him in the kitchen cooking dinner. She stood behind him just watching him. He hadn’t left her side since she told him and Sydney about the dreams. Sometimes at night she would wake up screaming and he would run to her room and hold her. That’s was all that they did and all that she needed. She felt safe when he was around. During these two weeks she had begun to understand him more. She smiled and she remembered the surprise that she had for him. She walked up behind him and put her arms around him. She was shocked as she realized just how much she had changed. She used to hate to be touched or even to touch others, but now it was like walking. Jarod turned to find her smiling and her eyes shining.

“I found your parents,” Parker said. “They have been located in Enterprise, Alabama. They are together and Emily and J2 are with them.”

“Really!” Jarod grabbed her by the waist and swung her around. He set her feet on the ground and kissed her. “Thank you so much! I can’t believe it! My parents, my mom!! You found her.” Tears poured down Jarod’s face as he talked.

“You have a plane ticket booked tomorrow morning at nine. The Centre does not know about the lead so when you get there you need to get them out of there. Emily has already been notified and will meet you at the airport. I am so happy for you.” Parker said looking into the smiling eyes of the man she loved. Loved! What was she thinking? Yes, she did love Jarod. For the first time in so many years she felt love and security. She could also feel the love that Jarod felt for her. Her heart beat with love for him. Now she just needed to find the courage to tell him.

“Tomorrow? Oh, Parker, what would I do without you?” Jarod asked before her words relayed to his brain. “What about you? Aren’t you going? It would be a way out of the Centre. I would keep you safe from them, I promise.”

“ No. I have some unfinished business to deal with.” Parker said as she turned and left for the living room. She picked up a file and turned to see that Jarod had followed her. “I found out who my real father is.” She felt tears building up in her eyes. She turned around and stared out the window. She could look at him right now.

Jarod walked up behind her and put his arms around her. “Who?”

He felt Parker tremble and pulled her closer to him. “Raines.” She choked out as tears fell like hard rain. She felt Jarod momentarily stiffen and the turn her around o face him. She buried her face in his shirt and let him hold her as the sobs took control.

“What am I going to do? How can I go back to the Centre knowing that that madman is my father?”

“We will think of something.” He said as he kissed her temple. “We will think of something.” He whispered once more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parker walked into the Centre two hours later. Her father had called her in for a meeting. She snorted. She really couldn’t call him her father anymore because Mr. Raines was. She will just have to play this charade for a little but longer.

She walked into his office and found Lyle and Mr. Raines in there. She looked “her father” in the eye.

“What do you want?” She asked before plopping down in a chair. She looked at the others in the room. She inwardly smiled as she stared at each one of them until they had to look away.

“ Angel, Mr. Raines and I are beginning to think that you don’t want to find Jarod anymore. We are going to up the experiment.” He motioned for two guards to grab her. “I am sorry to do this, but you have once again let me down. I am very disappointed in you.” He nodded and the guards carried her away.

Raines looked at him. “What will the triumvirate say about the tests.”

“They won’t know.” Mr. Parker said.

Mr. Lyle smirked. “How are you going to stop them? They have their spies all over the place.”

“Yes, they do. But then so do I. I have been around here long enough to know how to get around the triumvirate. Don’t you ever question me again Lyle.” Parker said getting extremely angry about this conversation. He was already angry because Mr. Raines had come to him demanding that Miss. Parker go through the Aurora experiment again, because he believed that she had betrayed the Centre and helped find valuable information for Jarod.

“Mr. Lyle, I want you to keep Sydney and Broots busy. I don’t want them to even suspect that she is being held. If they find out, it will be your head on the platter.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miss. Parker yanked her hands loose from the men. “I can walk without your help.” She was angry and scared. Her ulcer was throbbing because she didn’t take her medicine this morning. All this worry was definitely not helping it. They led her to a dark room; suddenly someone appeared and pushed her really hard into a chair. She heard a click before she felt cold metal on her hands. They had locked her into the chair.

A light shined into her face and she turned her head so that her eyes could adjust. When she turned her head the same time the chair started laying back. She knew who was behind this. She could hear the wheezing. Raines!

They placed a round circle around her head.

“Now we will get to the truth, Miss. Parker. I believe that you have had plenty of opportunities to bring Jarod back to us. Maybe us killing your mother didn’t wake you up enough to realize that EVERYONE does what the Centre wants them to, or they die.”

“NEVER, bring my mother up. I have spent my whole life doing what the Centre has wanted me to do. Why would you now start to think that I am not?” Parker sneered. Her face flung to the side as Raines’ hand connected to her cheek.

“Never mock me young lady! You have no idea who I am!”

“Besides my father, you are nobody.” She felt a moment of satisfaction as Raines looked shocked. When Raines turned his head and nodded she felt her fear rise to her throat.

Needles came out of the circle around her head. When they penetrated her skin she stiffened in pain. The pain increased until all down the hall the only noise her screams, and in the background, Raines’ laughing.