Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



No Way Out
part 6
Center’s Secret



Parker watched Jarod pace back in forth in front of her.

“If you don’t stop pacing your going to make me sick.”

Jarod looked at her as if he had forgotten she was there.

“Sorry.” Jarod sat beside her and stared at his hands. It was his fault that the Center was doing this to her, but yet she confided in him. She trusted him enough to tell him that they were running simulations and tests on her. He looked at the woman sitting next to him and smiled. She was becoming more her mother’s daughter. She was the only person to ever make him feel love. The sound of knocking brought him out of his thoughts.

“ I will answer the door and you hide upstairs.” Parker said getting up and walking towards the door. She had felt Jarod starring at her but could not bring herself to look back at him. She opened the door to find Sydney and Broots.

“Miss. Parker, Jarod called us...” Sydney started to say.

“Yeah, I know. Come one in.” Parker interrupted, holding the door open for her colleges. She led them into the living room where Jarod was waiting for them at. I thought you were supposed to be upstairs.” Parker said looking at the man on her couch.

“ I was but when I noticed Sydney’s car I came down.” Jarod said while pulling out some papers. “Mr. Broots, do you have the information that I have requested?”

Miss. Parker raised her eyebrows and looked at Broots. “What information?”

Broots, ignoring Miss. Parker, pulled out a file and handed it to Jarod. “The project is called Aurora. It’s a machine used to wipe memories from the victim. It can also give new memories. Mr. Raines created the experiment thirteen years ago. The victim, or patient, never knows that their memories have been erased or replaced, but can show up in a blood test. That was the main problem with the experiment. It left a trace, which the Triumvirate could not afford to leave.”

“What about nightmares?” Miss. Parker asked quietly.

“I found no record of the person having nightmares, but it could be possible.” Said Broots.

“Have you been having nightmares, Miss. Parker?” Sydney asked looking closely at the woman he considered a daughter.

Miss. Parker stood up and walked to her window. “Its not exactly a nightmare. It’s more like a memory. Its fuzzy but I understand what’s going on. Its like I don’t exactly have to see it to know everything. I just know it. I know what they are going to do.” She started shaking and Jarod walked up behind her and put his hand on her shoulder. She turned around and he led her to the couch.

“Tell us about the dreams.” Sydney asked after she had calmed down. He recalled all the facts he knew about the Aurora experiment. He needed to know how they did it.

*Flash*
*Parker woke to find herself on a center bed. Where was she? She knew that she was in the center but she had never been in this part. Her head hurt. She felt the side of her head and felt a huge bump someone had hit her and knocked her out. She could hear people in the hallway talking. They mentioned the Aurora experiment and her heart froze. Where they going to do that to her? She had only heard of that name once and that was when her mother was still alive. What was happening? When did she loose control of everything around her?

Two men walked into her rooms and grabbed her. She fought them with every ounce of energy she had left in her body but it was not enough. They laughed and the slapped her and continued to drag her. The room that they took her to was massive and dark. They placed her in a chair and strapped her down. She vowed that once she got out of there she would make them pay. *

“I wake up to find myself in the center. I don’t know where, I just know that its there. Two guys come to get me. I start fighting them but couldn’t do anything.” Parker started shaking and Jarod pulled her into his arms. She stayed quiet for a little while and then started talking again. “ The men laugh and hit me and then take me to a large room. It looked like the T-board room but I know it wasn’t. They place me into a chair and strap me down. I always wake up at the point.” Jarod kissed her forehead and started running his fingers through her hair. Sydney looked at them and felt his heart rise up to his chest. He had always known that...wait a minute! What if the Aurora experiment was the one thing that turned Parker against Jarod? He kept his thoughts to himself as he watched the two.