Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



No Way Out
part 5
Center’s Secret



Miss Parker walked into her bedroom and feeling someone behind her she pulled her gun out and turned around.

“Jarod! What are you doing here?” Parker said pulling the hammer of her gun back.

“Don’t you ever get tired of putting that gun in my face Miss. Parker?” Jarod asked watching as Miss. Parker lowered the gun and set it on the table. He smirked as he noticed that she made sure that it was close to her.

“What do you want, Jarod?” Miss Parker asked watching him closely.

“A couple days after you left the lab called me to tell me that they had accidentally switched your test results with another. The test finding the anomaly was accurate but the pregnancy test was not. You are not pregnant Parker.” Jarod said watching the surprise and relief fly across her face.

“Are you sure? I thought that you did the test yourself.” Parker said as she collapsed into a chair.

“I didn’t think that you would have liked that very much so I sent the blood to a friend of mine. When they called me and told me about the mix up I ran the tests myself to make sure.”

“Where did you get my blood from for you to recheck.”

Jarod smirked at that question. “I can’t tell you all my secrets now can I?” Jarod crouched down in front of her and took her hands into his own. “Sydney tells me that you have been spending a lot of time with Raines lately. What’s going on?”

Parker looked into his dark eyes. She remembered when she was a teenager she could get lost just starring into his eyes. They were filled with so much warmth and compassion that she had to look away. No one had every made her feel so safe and loved since her mother’s death.

“Parker” Jarod said looking at the fleeting emotions running through her eyes.

“ Mr. Raines went to the triumvirate and told them that I was taking to long in finding you. He believed that the best course of action to take would be to train my pretender gene.” Parker looked into Jarod’s eyes once more, “They agreed.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sydney sat at his desk thinking about Jarod and Miss Parker. He knew that they had always had a strong bond. When Miss. Parker was a child the Center used experiments on her to get her to turn against Jarod but they had never worked, until Jarod escaped. He had no idea what had finally turned her against her childhood friend. Maybe it was just because she had wanted to please her father, but Sydney suspected that it was something deeper than that. He thought about the times that Parker could have brought Jarod in but didn’t. What if…a sound behind him interrupted his thoughts. He turned to find Broots standing in the doorway.

“Mr. Broots come on in.”

“Jarod called, he wants us to meet him at Miss. Parker’s” Broots said watching the old man in the chair. Sydney nodded and Broots left the room.