Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



No Way Out
part 4
Center’s Secret



Jarod swung the axe into the tree, pulled it back, and continued again. He was working off his frustrations. He actually told her the truth about his feelings and in front of Sydney of all people. He put the ax down and sat down on a fallen log facing the mountains. He had never felt fear like he felt when he read the blood test conclusions. Why would the center use her for these experiments and how many other times had they used her? He picked up his phone and dialed Broots number. They had some planning to do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miss. Parker lay in the bathtub thinking about what had occurred earlier. Jarod told her that he loved her. Was it really possible? Every person that had ever loved her had died. She couldn’t loose Jarod. She cared for him. Then her mind went to what Jarod had told her. The Center impregnated her and her father had allowed it. Who was the father of this baby that she carried and why did they impregnate her? She had to found out and soon. She drifted off to sleep. She saw a young boy running into her arms and a man coming up to her to hold them. The face was fuzzy at first but when he leaned down to kiss her she saw his face. It was Jarod. Miss. Parker gasps and wakes up in a rush. She looked around her to make sure that she was the only on in the small bathroom before getting out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Mr. Broots have you gotten any information out of the puzzle that Jarod sent us this time?” Miss. Parker asked picking up the chocolate boot. It had been three weeks since she had stormed out of Jarod’s lair. He had demanded that she stay away from the center and for her to let him take care of everything. They had argued until she finally just stormed out of the house. She hadn’t heard from him until she received a chocolate boot in the mail yesterday.

“N…no ma’am I am still working on it.”

“Well will you hurry up already? I am getting sick and tired of waiting for you to take your time on stuff. If you do not have the answer in thirty minutes then I will go to my father and have you removed. “ Parker turned around and stormed into her office.
Sydney walked into his office when the phone rang.

“Sydney here”

“Sydney, its Jarod.”

“It’s about time. I was starting to worry about you. Broots has the information that you requested. He is going to meet you at the specified coordinates. Miss. Parker has been constantly on his back about finding you. She is more obsessed than before,”

“I will leave a trail for her to follow. How has she been?”

“I don’t know,” Sydney stood up and looked out his window, “She is not talking to anyone except to ask if we have found you. There is one thing that I am worried about. She has been meeting with Raines. I don’t know what the meetings are about but when she comes out she looks horrible.”

“Is it possible that they are running tests on her Sydney?”

“I don’t know Jarod. I don’t know. Whatever it is it must be pretty big. She has a meeting in 1 hr.” He heard Jarod hang up the phone before he did the same. He was really worried about Miss. Parker.