Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



No Way Out
part 2
Center’s Secret



Jarod screamed her name as he watched her fall. What was he going to do? He searched his mind for any ideas. He looked on the ground to find the phone that he had kicked out of her hand when she first cornered him. It was too far to reach. He heard her moan.

“Parker, Parker wake up. You need to get these handcuffs off me so that we can get you to the doctor.” She opened her eyes and looked at him. His heart caught in his throat as she reminded him of that little girl that he had loved so much. He had to help her.

“Come on, you can do it. You just need to crawl over here and touch the handcuffs.” Her body started moving towards him. She reached his side, touched the handcuffs and then collapsed again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Parker woke to find herself on a center bed. Where was she? She knew that she was in the center but she had never been in this part. Her head hurt. She felt the side of her head and felt a huge bump someone had hit her and knocked her out. She could hear people in the hallway talking. They mentioned the Aurora experiment and her heart froze. Where they going to do that to her? She had only heard of that name once and that was when her mother was still alive. What was happening? When did she loose control of everything around her?

Two men walked into her rooms and grabbed her. She fought them with every ounce of energy she had left in her body but it was not enough. They laughed and the slapped her and continued to drag her. The room that they took her to was massive and dark. They placed her in a chair and strapped her down. She vowed that once she got out of there she would make them pay. *


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Jarod was trying his best to keep Parker down on the coach but she kept fighting and twisting away from him. It had been three days since she collapsed and she had not woken up yet. He was worried. He was mostly worried about the occasional bouts of screaming, crying, and holding her stomach. She was in lots of pain but he still didn’t know what was going on. He picked up his cell phone and pressed #1.

“ Miss. Parker is that you?’ Sidney’s panicky voice came over the phone.

“It Jarod. Miss. Parker is with me and we need your help. Meet me at the hunting lodge.” Jarod hung the phone up and went back to Parker. He didn’t want Sydney to worry about her so he didn’t tell him why Parker was with him. He looked at Parker and pulled out a needle and pressed it into her arm. When her body relaxed he carried her upstairs to the bed and laid her down. He sat down beside her and pulled him into his arms.

Sydney walked into the hunting lodge and looked around. There were sheets on the couch where it looked like someone had been sleeping. He heard a scream coming from upstairs and he took off running. He reached the room where the scream came from and found Jarod holding Miss. Parker, who was screaming and fighting to get away. Sydney hurried over to them.

“What happened?” Sydney asked Jarod and he felt Miss. Parker’s head. “She’s burning up. How long has she been like this?”

“I don’t know what’s wrong with her. I had a blood test taken but the results have not come back yet. She has been like this for four days. Her fever won’t go away and she has spells of excruciating pain.” Jarod looked up at Sydney and Sydney felt someone kick him in the stomach once he saw the tears forming in Jarod’s eyes. “ I am worried about her Sydney. I can’t loose her, not before I tell her how I really feel about her.”

Sydney walked over and put his hand on Jarod’s shoulder. “Go get something to eat. I will stay here with her.”

Jarod nodded and then walked out of the room. Sydney sat next to Miss. Parker’s still figure and held her hand. He smiled and closed his eyes as he remembered her curiosity at the age of four. She wanted to go everywhere and do everything that he did. Her father had hated the feelings that she had had for Sydney. Catherine used to tell Sydney that it was good that she had Sydney because her father would always remain in the shadows of her life. His chest tightened as he remembered seeing Catherine crying in the corner a room holding a little girl in her arms. The little girl had been Miss. Parker. She had told her father that she hated him and that she wanted another father, someone like Sydney and Mr. Parker had beat her. Catherine tried to stop him but one of his sweepers held her back. Miss. Parker never talked of that time and he often suspected that she didn’t even remember. Sydney felt tears pouring down his face and then someone squeeze his hand. He opened his eyes and looked at a very awake Miss. Parker.